royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 913

帖子 royl » 周六 8月 29, 2020 5:58 am

二十笔实用成语 913

01. Pyrrhic victory, a
定义: 得不偿失, 付出惨重代价取得的胜利.
例句: Winning the lawsuit was a Pyrrhic victory, since it cost us everything we had. (赢得这场诉讼我们也付出了惨重的代价因为它也花光了我们所有的钱)

02. quake/shake in one's boots, to
定义: 怕得要命, 恐惧得发抖; 冷得发抖.
例句: The very thought of a category 4 hurricane blowing in makes me quake in my boots. (一想到一场将要来袭的第四级台风我就怕得要命. 注: 西半球产生台风威力可分五级, 最猛的是第五级再来是第四级, 第三级, 第二级, 第一级)
图片
美国台风威力分级

03. quake/shake like a leaf, to
定义: 怕得要命, 恐惧得发抖; 冷得发抖.
例句: I was shaking like a leaf when I went up to deliver my speech in front of all those people. (当我走上讲台面对这么多的人来发表演讲, 我恐惧得发抖)

04. quality time, the
定义: 优质时间. (注: 意指抽出自己一部分时间跟配偶和子女温馨地相聚在一起)
例句: This Christmas, I want to spend some real quality time with the family instead of having everyone stuck on their phones and tablets the whole time. (这次圣诞节, 我想要花一些真正优质时间跟家人在一起而不是每个人在整个假期中都专注他们自己的手机和平板电脑)

05. quantum leap, a
定义: 突然大幅度增长的改进或发展.
例句: Prices have taken a quantum leap upward. (物价已经突然大幅飙涨)

06. que sera, sera
定义: [西班牙语]该怎样, 就怎样; 顺其自然, 事情不可强求.
例句: "How are you not stressed at all about getting your exam grades back?" "Oh, que sera sera! I studied, I took the tests – what else can I do now?" ("你为什么对取得考试成绩一点都不紧张?" "唉, 该怎样, 就怎样! 我努力准备了, 试也考了– 我现在还能做什么呢?")

07. queen it over, to
定义: (指女性)像女王般地颐指气使, 盛气凌人.
例句: She sits in her office queening it over all the junior staff. (她坐在她的办公室里盛气凌人地对那些低层职员颐指气使)

08. queer someone's pitch
定义: 破坏某人的计划或阻止某人.
例句: Somebody must have told her boss about her plans to leave. Who was trying to queer her pitch? (一定是有人把她要离职的打算向她老板告密. 到底是哪个人在试图破坏她的计划呢?)

09. in Queer Street, be
定义: 遇困难, 财务危机.
例句: You'll be in Queer Street if you keep borrowing money to pay for all these needless things. (如果你一直靠借钱来买这些没有必要的东西你肯定会遭遇财务危机)

10. quick and dirty, be
定义: 品质低劣的, 迅速拼凑出来的.
例句: I am not interested in a quick and dirty job. I want it done right. (我可不想把工作做得品质低劣. 要做就好好地把它做好)

11. quick and easy way, a
定义: 又快又省力的方法.
例句: This is a quick and easy way to prove that the sum of the angles in a triangle is equal to 180 degrees. (这是一个证明三角形的内角总和等于180度又快又省力的方法)
图片
使用平行线来证明三角形的内角和等于180度

12. quick and the dead, the
定义: 活人与死者; 大家.
例句: The explosion was loud enough to wake the quick and the dead. (这场爆炸的噪音大得足以把活人和死人都吵醒)

13. quick as a flash/lightning/wink, be (as)
定义: 像闪电般或眨眼间地快速.
例句: She kissed him right on the lips and then turned to go. Just like that, quick as a wink. (她亲吻了他的嘴唇然后便掉头就走. 就这样, 瞬间般地发生)

14. quick fix, a
定义: 临时应急的解决之道.
例句: There is no quick fix for your financial problems. You must learn to budget your money and gradually cut down on your expenses. (你的财务问题不是随便一个临时应急方法可以解决的. 你必须要学习如何把你的钱编入预算, 再逐渐减少你的开支)

15. quick as a bunny, be (as)
定义: 很快的, 迅速的.
例句: Quick as a bunny, Mary finished her exam and raced out of the classroom. (迅速地, 玛莉做完了她的考试然后就冲出教室)

16. quick off the mark, be
定义: 迅速地开始; 迅速地采取行动或做出反应.
例句: There's still time to shop Costco's massive President's Day sale, but you need to be quick off the mark. (你还有时间趁总统日折价促销去好事多商场购物, 但你得要动作迅速. 注: 美国总统日也有人称华盛顿诞辰纪念日被指定于每年二月第三个星期一)

17. quick on the draw/trigger, be
定义: 迅速地开始; 迅速地采取行动或做出反应.
例句: Tom is quick on the draw to defend himself when criticized. (每当被人批评, 汤姆总是迅速地为自己辩护. 注: 这里的when跟whenever同义也就是任何时候或每当)

18. quick on the uptake, be
定义: 学习能力或了解能力敏捷.
例句: Mary understands jokes before anyone else because she's so quick on the uptake. (由于她机智敏锐, 玛莉总是比别人先听懂笑话. 注: 每当我们看到现在简单时或现在简单式之类的句子时, 我们要记得它们也常用来表示重复性或习惯性的行为)

19. quick one, a
定义: 迅速地喝一杯; 小酌一杯.
例句: We stopped for a quick one on the way home but stayed for more than an hour. (我们在回家路上停下来去酒吧迅速地喝一杯, 但我们却在那儿滞留了超过一个小时)

20. quick to point out, be
定义: 迅速地指出.
例句: Narcissists are usually quick to point out the mistakes or flaws of other people. (自恋狂的人总是迅速地指出别人的错误和缺失)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 40 访客