royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 916

帖子 royl » 周六 9月 12, 2020 6:09 am

二十笔实用成语 916

01. railroad someone into, to
定义: 强迫某人仓促做某事.
例句: Don't let them railroad you into signing any contracts until you've had a chance for your lawyer to look over them. (别让他们强迫你仓促签署任何合同直到你有机会让你的律师全面检查了它们你再签还不迟)

02. rain blows on someone, to
定义: 连连暴打某人.
例句: An elderly couple who fought off a gang of masked robbers at their home say they feared for their lives as the attackers rained blows on them with baseball bats. (在自家竭力击退了蒙面抢匪的一对老年夫妇回忆称当这些匪徒使用棒球棒连连暴打他们的时候他们惧怕他们的生命可能不保)

03. rain cats and dogs, to
定义: 滂沱大雨.
例句: It has been raining cats and dogs all day today. (今天整天都在下滂沱大雨)

04. rain check, a
定义: 允诺券. (注: 意指对下次别人邀请会去的承诺; 球赛因雨停止, 球迷可凭收据联下次免费观看; 当特价商品卖完缺货时, 商店提供日后此商品再进货时顾客还是能够以特价来购买此货的承诺券)
例句: The store offered rain checks when the sale items had all sold out. (当特价商品都卖光缺货的时候这家商店愿意提供允诺券)
图片
由某家超市提供的折价允诺券

05. rain on someone's parade, to
定义: 破坏别人的计划; 扫别人兴, 浇别人冷水.
例句: I don't mean to rain on your parade, but most May-December romances don't last long. (我不想浇你冷水, 但是大多数年龄差距巨大的老少配恋情都不长久)

06. rain or shine
定义: 不论晴雨, 风雨无阻, 不管任何情形下.
例句: Pack your poncho because the outdoor concert is happening rain or shine. (你要带你的雨衣因为室外音乐会不论晴雨都照常举行)
图片
作为雨衣的poncho
图片
作为斗篷的poncho

07. rain out, to
定义: 因为坏天气而被迫取消或延期某个活动.
例句: If the parade is rained out, it will be held the following week. (如果这次游行因为下雨被取消的话, 它仍将会在下个星期举行)

08. rainy day, a
定义: 雨天; 困乏时期, 艰困或缺乏的时候.
例句: I know you want to buy a new TV with your bonus, but you should really save that money for a rainy day. (我知道你想要用你的公司奖金买一部新电视机, 但你其实应该省下那笔钱以备缺钱之时所需)

09. raise a family, to
定义: 养育家庭或小孩.
例句: It's time for you to settle down, get married, and raise a family. (你也应该安定下来, 结婚, 和养育家庭)

10. raise a fuss, to
定义: 提出抗议, 抱怨; 没事找事, 小题大作, 无理取闹, 挑起事端, 制造混乱, 引起骚动.
例句: We raised a fuss because of the mistake in our bill. (由于这个帐单上的错误我们发出抱怨)

11. raise a hand against, to
定义: 威胁要打人, 动手打人.
例句: I've never raised a hand against a woman in my life. (我这辈子从来没有动手打过女人)

12. raise a question, to
定义: 提出问题; 引人怀疑和不信任.
例句: The COVID-19 virus will continue to impact education and the shift to online classes and remote research has raised many questions. (这波新冠肺炎病毒将继续冲击教育系统, 那些转向至网上课程和远距研究已经引发重大怀疑和不信任)

13. raise a ruckus, to
定义: 挑起事端, 引起争吵或喧闹, 引起骚动.
例句: He raised a ruckus over the cost of the repairs. (这笔修理费用引起他和别人严重争论)

14. raise a/your glass, to
定义: 举杯敬酒.
例句: Now, please raise your glass to the newly married couple! (现在, 请大家举杯向这对新人敬酒!)

15. raise an army, to
定义: 成军, 招募聚集人手来建立军队或团体.
例句: During WW1, New Zealand raised an army of 100000 men, about 10% of its population. (第一次世界大战期间, 新西兰招募了十万男子加入军队, 这个数目大约是它的总人口数的十分之一)

16. raise an issue, to
定义: 提出争议来讨论或辩论; 引人质疑和不信任.
例句: In addition to concerns of confidentiality, others raise issues of equity and utility. (除了对其保密性的关注之外, 其他人也质疑其公平性和实用性)

17. raise an objection, to
定义: 提出异议, 反对, 抗议.
例句: I hope your family won't raise an objection to my staying for dinner. (我希望你的家人不会反对我留下来跟你们一起进晚餐)

18. raise awareness, to
定义: 提高人们对...的认识与关怀.
例句: Education campaigns have been conducted all over the world to try to raise awareness about AIDS. (世界各地都展开了教育活动以试图提高人们对艾滋病的认识与关怀)

19. raise Cain/hell/devil, to
定义: 言行粗暴, 制造混乱, 引起骚动, 严厉责骂, 大声抗议.
例句: The customer has been raising Cain about the service charge we included on his bill. (为了我们在他的帐单上附加了服务费, 这名顾客一直在大声抗议)

20. raise eyebrows, to
定义: 竖起眉毛以示惊讶或不悦.
例句: Her sudden outburst in class raised eyebrows. (她在课堂上突然发出的愤怒情绪引起同学们的惊吓和不悦)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 40 访客