royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 917

帖子 royl » 周一 10月 05, 2020 12:44 am

二十笔实用成语 917

01. raise funds/money, to
定义: 筹募资金, 集资.
例句: Kids these days are raising funds for a cause through a food sale. (现今的小朋友们多以销售食物来为一个志业筹募资金)
图片
小朋友摆小摊位卖柠檬水为儿童癌症筹募资金

02. raise hob with, to
定义: 恶作剧, 捣蛋.
例句: This wonky Internet signal is raising hob with my work day. (这个微弱不稳的网路讯号在我的上班时间一直跟我恶作剧)

03. raise one's sights, to
定义: 提高自己的目标或期望 .
例句: We raised our sights while we were looking for houses after my wife's receive a big bonus. (我妻子得到一笔丰厚的奖金之后, 我们便把寻找房子的标准提高了)

04. raise one's voice, to
定义: 提高嗓门, 高声说话. (注: 意指因愤怒或要别人听清楚).
例句: Don't raise your voice while we're in a high-end restaurant – it's rude. (在这间高档餐厅里别高谈阔论 – 这是个粗鲁的行为)

05. raise a red flag, to
定义: 引起别人的注意.
例句: If your accountant tells you that something in your tax returns is going to raise a red flag with the IRS, maybe you should reconsider the expense. (如果你的会计师告诉你的报税表有个项目会引起国税局注意的话, 你也许应该重新考虑这笔费用的申报)

06. raise someone or something from the dead, to
定义: 令死人或已死动物复活; 恢复的活力; 给予败部复活或成功机会.
例句: The billionaire investor raised the old company from the dead with the aim of returning it to its former glory. (这名亿万富翁救回了这家已破产的老公司他的目的是让这家公司回复它旧日的荣光)

07. raise someone's hackles, to; raise the hackles of, to
定义: 激怒, 挑衅某人.
例句: The politician has a gift for raising his opponents' hackles during debates. (这名政客有一份在辩论会中激怒他对手的禀赋)

08. raise someone's hopes/expectations, to
定义: 燃起某人对...的希望或期望.
例句: Don't raise her hopes too much. She may not win. (别让她对此期望太高. 她也许不会赢)

09. raise tensions with ..., to
定义: 增加与...的紧张关系.
例句: After his encounter with Mexico, he seems more emboldened than ever to raise tensions with trading partners by threatening new penalties. (自从他跟墨西哥政府交手之后, 他似乎越来越胆大妄为, 他以新的惩罚作为威胁来升高跟贸易伙伴紧张关系)

10. raise the ante, to
定义: 增加赌注; 加码; 增加金额, 价格, 或成本.
例句: Sellers have raised the ante in this area so much that first-time home buyers can no longer afford it. (卖主大幅提高了这一带房屋的售价至使首次购屋者不再能够负担得起这些房屋)

11. raise the bar, to
定义: 提高标准或要求.
例句: If we raise the bar, students will tr​​y harder but more will fail. (如果你提高了及格标准, 学生们将会更加努力但不及格的学生将会增加)

12. raise the curtain, to
定义: 开幕, 拉开序幕, 开始, 公开展现.
例句: It's time to raise the curtain on this new project, everyone, so let's not waste any time! (该是这份新工作项目开工的时候了, 大家, 所以我们别浪费任何时间了!)

13. raise the devil, to
定义: 言行粗暴, 制造混乱, 引起骚动, 严厉责骂, 大声抗议.
例句: The onions raised the devil with my stomach. (吃了这些洋葱后造成我的胃很不舒服)

14. raise the roof, to
定义: 轰声雷动地吵架, 吵闹, 欢乐庆祝. (注: 意指好像要掀了屋顶)
例句: The crowd raised the roof when the winning goal was scored. (当获胜的一球踢进球门的一刻人们欢声雷动地庆祝得分)

15. raise the stakes, to
定义: 增加赌注; 增加竞赛的奖金或奖品; 增加困难度或紧急性; 增加承诺或介入.
例句: Let's raise the stakes, shall we? The loser can never set foot in this place again. (我们来增加赌注, 好不好? 输的人永远不能再踏进这个地方一步)

16. raise two children, to
定义: 养育两个子女.
例句: I delayed applications to faculty position because my husband was not supportive and I was raising two children on my own. (我延后申请大学教员职位因为我丈夫不帮助我, 我只好独力扶养我的两个子女)

17. raise your hand, to
定义: 发言前, 举起你的手. (注: 在美国你如要在课堂上发言要先举手经老师允许才可说话)
例句: Don't yell out the answers, raise your hands! (别喊出你的答案, 举起你的手! 注: 意指经过老师允许你才能发言, 说出你的答案)
图片
发言前, 举起你的手

18. raise your right hand, to
定义: 宣誓时要举出你的右手.
例句: Please raise your right hand. Do you solemnly swear that you will tr​​uly listen to this case and render a true verdict and a fair sentence as to this defendant? (请举起你的右手. 你愿意庄严宣誓你将忠实地聆听这件案子并对这名被告做出诚实和公平的判决? 注: 这是一份陪审团的宣誓词)
图片
陪审团宣誓仪式

19. raise your spirits, to
定义: 激励, 鼓舞, 振奋精神, 感到希望与愉快.
例句: I love my roommate. No matter what mood I'm in, he is always able to raise my spirits. (我爱我的室友. 不论我的心情是如何, 他总是能够激励我)

20. raise/rear its ugly head, to
定义: 丑恶问题已形成而人们必须要对付它.
例句: Now the same ugly forces of racial hatred are beginning to rear their heads again. (现在这股丑恶的种族仇恨的势力已经开始出现)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Google [Bot] 和 57 访客