royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 927

帖子 royl » 周六 11月 14, 2020 5:18 pm

二十笔实用成语 927

01. report back, to
定义: 作调查报告或工作报告; (尤其缺勤一阵子之后)回去工作.
例句: The boss had given me a week off for the fall vacation, but I reported back for work three days later. (老板让我休息一周作为秋假, 但是我过了三天便回来工作了)

02. report out, to
定义: 经委员会讨论与修正后将提案交回议会去处理.
例句: After much debate, the committee reported the bill out. (经过多次的辩论之后, 这个委员会将修正后的提案交回议会去审议)

03. request an extension, to
定义: 要求延期; 要求宽限一些时间.
例句: Most taxpayers who requested an extension of time to file their 2019 tax return must file today. (大多数要求宽限一些时间来申报他们2019年所得税的纳税人必须在今天申报. 注: 意指今天是最后期限,过了今天就算过期申报, 要受到处分)

04. Requests must be submitted in writing.
[成语句型]所有的请求必须以书面提交.

05. require the patience of a saint/Job, to
定义: 需要极大耐性. (注: 意指需要像圣人般的耐性或容忍)
例句: You need the patience of Job to deal with customers like that. (你需要极大耐性来应付这种客户. 注: 这里的Job是旧约圣经的一位人物, 约伯, 他曾历经重重苦难仍旧对他的上帝保持虔诚信仰)

06. resemble nothing so much as ..., to
定义: 很像..., 与...酷似.
例句: The building resembled nothing so much as a giant beehive. (这栋建筑物很像一座巨型蜂巢)

07. reserve a table for four, to
定义: [餐厅用语](客人)预订四人桌位.
例句: "I'd like to reserve a table for four people, today at 6 pm." "Sorry, Ma'am. The reservations for today are full." ("我想要预订四人桌位于今天下午六点钟用餐." "抱歉, 女士. 今天的座位已经被预定满了.")

08. reserve the right, to
定义: 保留...权利
例句: We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. (我们保留拒绝提供服务给任何人的权利)

09. resident troubleshooter, a
定义: 常驻修理匠.
例句: I'm the resident troubleshooter in our family, built my own computer, install cable modem, and fix our cars. (我是我们家的常驻修理匠, 拼装我自己的电脑, 安装电缆调制解调器, 和修理我们的车辆)
图片
电缆调制解调器

10. resistance is futile
定义: 反抗是没用的.
例句: There are two things I know about the Universe: everything changes and resistance is futile. (关于宇宙我知道两件事: 世事无常, 和反抗是没用的)

11. resistance to disease/illness
定义: 疾病抵抗力; 抗病能力.
例句: People who eat healthy food tend to have better resistance to disease. (摄取健康食物的人们比较拥有更强的抗病能力)

12. resort to, to
定义: 诉诸, 凭借.
例句: I want to settle our dispute without resorting to lawsuit. (我想要不凭借诉讼手段来解决我们之间的争端)

13. rest assured, to
定义: 放心, 满意; 有信心, 深具信心.
例句: Every member of our team has over 20 years of experience, so you can rest assured that your investment portfolio is in good hands. (我们团队每个成员都拥有二十年以上的经验, 因此你可以尽管放心你的各种投资都会受到妥善的管理)

14. rest his/her soul, to
定义: (对死亡者)安息吧. (注: 常用在当你谈论已过逝长辈时所使用的祝祷语)
例句: My grandfather, God rest his soul, would never think of leaving the house without a suit and tie on. (我已逝的爷爷, 愿神让他灵魂安息, 从没想过不穿好西装扎好领带就出门. 注: 意指有些老一辈很注重自己的衣着形象; 跟我们现今重视轻松舒适的衣着态度大相径庭)
图片
早期穿着严谨的销售员团队

15. rest in peace, to
定义: 安息吧. (注: 使用于雕刻在已过逝者墓碑上或在丧礼上对已过逝者的祝祷)
例句: May you rest in peace in Heaven. You will always be in our loving memories. (愿你在天堂安息. 你将永远活在我们充满爱的记忆里)

16. rest is gravy, the
定义: 其他的都是很容易做的工作或很容易达成; 其他的都是纯利或额外利润.
例句: It should be a self-generating revenue stream, so once we pay off the initial costs for materials, equipment, and set-up, then the rest is gravy. (这应该是一份连续不断地自行产生的收益金流, 因此一旦我们偿还了材料, 设备, 和创办的起步成本之后, 剩余的都是纯利润)

17. rest is history, the
定义: 其他的事情都是大家所知晓的; 以后的事情你们都很熟悉. (注: 经常使用于讲完一件鲜有人知故事之后所说的话)
例句: Well, we met when a childhood friend of mine introduced us. The rest is history. (让我想一想, 我们是经过一名我的发小介绍才相亲会面. 以后的事情都是大家所知晓的. 注: 这里的well乃是一个惊叹词不是副词也不是形容词, 它是用来表达你要回想一下才能回答问题的拖延之辞)

18. rest my weary bones, to
定义: 让我的疲惫身子休息一下.
例句: I need a vacation to rest my weary bones. (我需要一个假期, 让我疲惫的身子好好地休息一阵子)

19. rest of the world, the
定义: 世界其他地方, 世界其他国家.
例句: What a Biden presidency means for the rest of the world. The president-elect has told foreign leaders: "America is back." What does he mean? (拜登成为总统对世界其他国家来说意味着是什么.这位总统当选人已经告诉外国领导人: "美国回来了." 他说这句话是什么意思?)

20. rest of you people, the
定义: 你们其他人.
例句: I don't know about the rest of you people but I love to eat spicy food and drink. If you're anything like me, then grab your Jalapeño chips and tequila. (我不知道你们其他人口味如何但我喜爱吃辛辣食物和喝酒. 如果你们像我一样的话, 带着你们的墨西哥辣椒马铃薯片和龙舌兰酒过来)
图片
墨西哥辣椒味马铃薯片

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 48 访客