royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 928

帖子 royl » 周二 11月 17, 2020 2:42 am

二十笔实用成语 928

01. rest on one's laurels, to
定义: 停滞, 缅怀过去成就但无意再改进.
例句: I know your first novel was a smash success, but if you just rest on your laurels, you're going to fade into obscurity. (我知道你第一部小说是个惊人成功, 但如果你只是缅怀过去成就并无意再改进的话, 你将会回到籍籍无名或者被人遗忘的过去)

02. rest on one's oars, to
定义: 功成名就之后的休憩, 暂时休息.
例句: After painting all morning, I had to rest on my oars for a bit before I moved on to the next room. (刷了一早上的油漆之后, 我不得不暂时休息一下然后再去下一个房间继续刷油漆)

03. rest on, to
定义: 取决于; 信任于; 停在某一点; 定于; 被支撑; 躺下; 暂时休息.
例句: Let me know if you need any help, I'm just going to rest upon the sofa for a little while. (如果你需要帮忙的话就叫我一声, 我只是想在沙发上休息一会儿)

04. restore some pride, to
定义: 恢复一些失去的自豪感.
例句: We need an exciting project in our town to restore some pride after so many businesses leaving. (自从许多公司店家离开我们城市之后, 我们需要一个能够振奋人心的工程项目来恢复一些失去的自豪感)

05. result in, to
定义: 造成, 导致.
例句: The heated argument resulted in tragedy when one of the men pushed the other into an oncoming car. (当这群男子其中一人把另一人推向一部迎面而来的汽车, 这场激烈的争吵造成了惨剧)

06. resurgence of interest, a
定义: 再度涌现出新兴趣; 重新出现的兴趣.
例句: There has been a resurgence of interest in the books of Tolkien since they were made into major films. (自从他的小说被用来制作成大型电影之后, 人们又对托尔金的书籍再度涌现出新的兴趣)

07. retract a statement, to
定义: 认错并收回一项声明.
例句: I wanted to retract a statement I made last week about Trevor being irresponsible. (我想要认错并收回我上个星期所发出的有关指称特雷弗不负责任的声明)

08. return a verdict of guilty or not guilty, to
定义: 做出有罪或无罪的判决.
例句: This strategy is intended to leave the jury with a reasonable doubt concerning the defendant's guilt, in which case the jury must return a verdict of not guilty. (这个策略是打算用在造成陪审团对被告有罪的一个合理怀疑,在这种情形下陪审团必须做出无罪的判决)

09. return back vs. return
定义: [易混淆字或片语]return(动词)就是go back或turn back之意, 所以后面再加上back是多余的.

10. return envelope, a
定义: 回邮信封, 回信用的信封.
例句: Your passports will be mailed back to you from Canada using your return envelope. (你的护照将会被放进你的回邮信封从加拿大寄还给你)

11. return fire, to
定义: 开枪/炮回击.
例句: Officers returned fire but no one was hit. Police say the suspect threw his gun away during an ensuing foot pursuit, which ended in his arrest. (警官们开枪回击但没人被击中. 警方声称说这名嫌犯在被随后的徒步追逐期间抛弃了他的枪械, 最后他以被捕获告终)

12. return the compliment, to
定义: 回报人家的人情或赞誉; 以同样的手法报复某人.
例句: If Betty's the one who started that rumor about me, I'll just return the compliment with a rumor about her. (如果贝蒂是那个散布有关我的不实谣言者, 我将会以同样的手法散播有关她的不实谣言来报复她)

13. return the favor, to
定义: 回报人家的人情; 以同样的手法报复某人.
例句: There is no point in helping Bill. He'll never return the favor! (帮助比尔没什么必要. 他绝不会回报别人的恩惠!)

14. return to nature, to
定义: 回归大自然(的生活). (注: 意指生活在不使用现代化机器, 家电, 自来水和自动供电等等人为的舒适环境之下)
例句: We went on a camping trip in an attempt to return to nature. (我们去了一趟野外露营旅行尝试着回归大自然的生活)
图片
回归大自然的生活

15. return to normal, to
定义: 回归常态, 回归正常.
例句: You may choose to continue to breath slowly and smoothly for as long you want. Or, gradually let your breathing return to normal. (你可以选择继续做缓慢平稳地呼吸你想要做多久都好. 或者, 逐渐地使你的呼吸状态回归正常)

16. return to the fold, to
定义: 归队, 重返, 回归, 归建, 回老家.
例句: A price cut is another good way to get customers to return to the fold. (减价是另一个吸引顾客回头购买的好办法)

17. return to work, to
定义: 重回工作岗位.
例句: In general, an employee is disqualified from receiving further benefits if the employee refuses to return to work after receiving notice from their employer. (一般来说, 一名员工将失去领取更多失业补助款的资格如果该员工收到了顾主复工通知却拒绝重返工作岗位)

18. return to, to
定义: 返回某处; 返回工作; 回到某人的怀抱; 回归到某个主题; 回归常态; 放回适当位置; 归还原主.
例句: I don't understand why Tom keeps returning to her after she mistreats him like that time and time again. (我不了解为什么汤姆一而再, 再而三被她那样地虐待还是回到她的怀抱. 注: 这里的return to乃是指一对男女分离之后的复合也就是返回某人的怀抱)

19. return visit, a
定义: 第二次拜访, 光顾或游玩; 复诊, 重游, 重回.
例句: A fun atmosphere and generous, authentic dishes make this restaurant worthy of a return visit. (欢乐的气氛和丰盛, 正宗的菜肴使得这家餐厅值得顾客们再度的光顾)

20. rev up, to
定义: 催动油门, 加速, 增加, 增强, 鼓舞, 挑拨.
例句: Every night, at exactly 2 AM, I hear the sound of motorcycle engines revving up outside my house. (每天夜里两点整, 我就会听到有人在我的屋外催动摩托车引擎油门的噪音)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Bing [Bot] 和 51 访客