royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 932

帖子 royl » 周一 12月 07, 2020 9:26 am

二十笔实用成语 932

01. rile up, to
定义: 令人烦躁不堪, 激动异常; 激怒.
例句: Seeing that kind of social injustice on the news always riles me up to no end. (看到这种社会上不公平不正义的新闻总是让我愤怒得久久不能平息)

02. ring a bell, to
定义: 点醒, 突破想某件事, 激起一个特别的记忆.
例句: "Have you ever heard of Steve Robinson?" "Hmm, the name doesn't ring a bell." ("你有没有听说过史帝夫•罗宾逊这个人?" "嗯, 这个名字我完全没有印象.")

03. ring around the collar, the
定义: 衣领上的汗垢圈子.
例句: Ring around the collar is no match for the duo. Rub the baking soda and vinegar paste on the collar stain. Let it sit for 30 minutes, then wash the shirt as usual. (衣领上的汗垢圈子不是这个双重除污剂的对手. 把小苏打和白醋调成的浆糊涂在衣领上. 等上三十分钟, 然后把衬衫如常地清洗干净就好了)
图片
可以将小苏打和白醋或蒸馏醋调成的自制的糊状除污剂

04. ring down the curtain, to
定义: 结束表演或行动; 落幕.
例句: The audience gave the performance a 5-minute standing ovation as the theater rang down the curtain. (当这家剧院结束表演之时, 观众给予这场表演五分钟的起立鼓掌)

05. ring false, to
定义: 听起来是错误的或假的, 似乎不对劲, 不确实.
例句: I personally think that their reasoning rings a bit false. (我个人觉得他们的推理是有点错误的)

06. ring finger, the
定义: 无名指, 左手无名指.
例句: He placed a diamond engagement ring on her ring finger on her left hand. (他把一支钻戒套进她左手无名指上)
图片
左手无名指

07. ring hollow, to
定义: 听起来像是不真诚的或虚伪的, 似乎不对劲, 不确实.
例句: The statements that followed made her apology ring hollow. (她那个随后的声明使得她原本的道歉让人觉得不真诚)

08. have the/a ring of truth, to
定义: 听起来似乎正确, 诚恳, 有道理.
例句: His explanation has a ring of truth about it. (他的解释听起来似乎有道理)

09. ring off the hook, to
定义: 不停接到大量的电话.
例句: Gosh, I'm exhausted. The phone was ringing off the hook all day today at work! (哎呀, 我累坏了. 今天办公室的电话整天响个不停教人接都接不完!)

10. ring off, to
定义: 挂电话.
例句: Before I ring off can I have a quick word with Colin? (挂电话之前我可以跟科林很快地讲几句话吗?)

11. ring someone's bells/chimes, to
定义: [俚语]将对方击倒, 令人失去知觉; 极具吸引力, 有趣或令人兴奋.
例句: A lot of my friends are obsessed with going out and playing basketball or soccer, but reading a good novel is what rings my bells. (我许多朋友着迷在户外玩篮球或踢足球, 但看一本精彩的小说是我最有兴趣的爱好)

12. ring the changes, to
定义: 做一系列的各式各样的变换, 以不同方式表达同一件事.
例句: I'm not surprised that Tina showed up with purple hair today – she loves ringing the changes with her hair color. (我一点都不惊讶蒂娜今天以紫色头发出现– 她喜欢不停地变换她的头发颜色)

13. ring true, to
定义: 听起来是真的, 有道理.
例句: Tom's excuse for being late doesn't ring true. (汤姆迟到的理由像是编造出来的)

14. ring up the curtain, to
定义: 开幕; 开始表演或行动.
例句: It's time to ring up the curtain on this new project, everyone. Let's not waste any time! (大伙, 该是开始这件工作项目的时候了. 咱们别浪费时间!)

15. ring up, to
定义: 收银机总计与记录; 成就, 达成; 打电话; 开幕, 开始表演, 行动.
例句: I went to the cashiers to have them ring up the things that I had bought. (我走向收银员让他们把我所买的东西算出个总价)

16. ringside seat, a
定义: 场边前排位置, 紧临事件发生的地点.
例句: I had a ringside seat when they had the big argument. (他们大吵一架的那个时候我正好就在旁边)

17. Rio Grande River vs. Rio Grande
定义: [易混淆字或片语]Rio Grande是墨西哥与美国德州的界河, rio已经是西班牙文"河流"之意, 所以不必再多余地加river在其后, 否则变为"格兰地河河".

18. riotous living, a
定义: 挥霍放纵的生活.
例句: I had my fill of riotous living during my college years. Now that I'm in my thirties, I'm ready for a bit of calm and stability. (肆意放纵的大学生活我过够了. 现在我已经三十多岁了, 我准备要过一点平静, 稳定的日子)

19. rip ... to shreds/pieces, to
定义: 将某物撕成碎片; 将某人大肆批评或痛骂; 造成巨大的伤害, 破坏或混乱.
例句: I hear John's bosses ripped him to shreds at his annual performance review. (我听说约翰老板在他的年度业绩考核时候对他大声斥责)

20. rip a hole, to
定义: 撕个洞, 撕破.
例句: I ripped a hole in my down jacket on some barb wire and the fabric patch worked perfectly! (我被带刺铁丝网撕破了我的羽绒夹克, 这块补丁布料完美地将它补起来!)
图片
带刺铁丝网
图片
可以马上使用的补丁布料

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 48 访客