请网友踊跃提出英语文问题, 或自己学习心得
回复
royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十道填充题考试, 明天宣布答案 6

帖子 royl » 周二 6月 22, 2010 8:39 pm

二十道填充题考试, 明天宣布答案 6

Fill-in-the-blanks Instructions: Select the word listed on the bottom which best fills in each blank.
请选择考卷底部所列出的最适当单字填写在每一个空格内(二十道题目, 二十个选择, 每一选择只许使用一次)

01. Although you wear no medals and will reap no glory on the field of battle, you are hero ________ the truest sense of the word.
02. You may be surprised to discover just ________ highly specialized a tool it is.
03. A large populace held in ________ by a small but powerful force is quite a common situation in our universe.
04. I have tried to respond to the question in a ________ that points up this incredible complexity.
05. I urge you to stick ________ it, to wade through.
06. The dinner was not at all pleasant. At ________ the food was not burned.
07. Can you ________ me in the right direction?
08. Chris Evans is ________ his best when he has a mountain to climb.
09. But, little ________ little these forces have caused other factors to emerge that assure the continuance of his misery.
10. This is the time for wealthy people (with good heart) to help the victims and forget about the fifteen minute ________.
11. Why is that so hard for you to ________ sorry?
12. But they did it, and it ________ me in a bad spot. I wouldn't be surprised if this debacle comes back to haunt me later this year.
13. Why ________ the ocean salty?
14. I believe you have what it ________ to tackle obesity.
15. Don't you ________ love these people? Or maybe you hate them.
16. All of our products are fully warranted ________ all defects in materials and workmanship for 100 years.
17. How exactly does the federal government fritter ________ your hard-earned tax dollars?
18. Why is that we know more about space ________ we do our own ocean life?
19. You've been ________! The government is wasting your tax dollars.
20. Falling in love is not at all the most stupid thing that people do — but gravitation cannot be ________ responsible for it.

(against, at, away, best, by, check, fame, had, held, how, in, is, just, manner, point, put, say, takes, than, with)

royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: 二十道填充题考试, 明天宣布答案 6

帖子 royl » 周三 6月 23, 2010 10:19 pm

二十道填充题答案与解说

请网友注意, 你只能选择考卷底部所列出的最适当单字填写在每一空格(而且每个单字只能使用一次). 我花时间专门寻找出美国人经常使用的成语, 片语/词组, 句型来考验网友希望您经过考试来加强记忆. 我所选出的句子再实用不过了(I mean it), 希望网友不可错过这些学习机会, 也就是说每天抽一点时间来逛逛.

01. Although you wear no medals and will reap no glory on the field of battle, you are hero in the truest sense of the word.
解说: 尽管你没有穿戴勋章, 也不会在战场上获得光荣战绩(reap no glory), 你却是个名副其实(in the truest sense of the word)的英雄.

02. You may be surprised to discover just how highly specialized a tool it is.
解说: 你会吃惊地发现这个工具有高度专业化.
编者按: 我提倡在你脑海里建立句型, 也就是不须思考就能脱口而出的句型, 越多越好. 类似上述句型也重要的, 举个例: You don't know how happy I am to see you again. (你不知道我多高兴再看到你)

03. A large populace held in check by a small but powerful force is quite a common situation in our universe.
解说: 这么大的人口受到小但强而有力的势力控制(held in check)在我们世界里是个司空见惯情形.

04. I have tried to respond to the question in a manner that points up this incredible complexity.
解说: 我已经尽力地用一种方式(in a manner)来突显其惊人的错综复杂性来回应这的问题.

05. I urge you to stick with it, to wade through.
解说: 我敦促你坚持下去(to stick with it), 辛苦地做完它(to wade through).

06. The dinner was not at all pleasant. At best the food was not burned.
解说: 这个晚餐一点都不愉快(was not at all pleasant), 充其量(At best)食物没烧焦.

07. Can you point me in the right direction?
解说: 你能指引我正确方向吗?

08. Chris Evans is at his best when he has a mountain to climb.
解说: 克里斯.埃文斯在爬山上是最出色的(at his best).

09. But, little by little these forces have caused other factors to emerge that assure the continuance of his misery.
解说: 但是, 一点接一点这些力量已经造成其他因素出现来确保持续他的痛苦.

10. This is the time for wealthy people (with good heart) to help the victims and forget about the fifteen minute fame.
解说: 此时正是有善心的富人来帮助受害者并且忘掉追求短暂的名声(the fifteen minute fame).

11. Why is that so hard for you to say sorry?
解说: 说一声抱歉有那么难吗?

12. But they did it, and it put me in a bad spot. I wouldn't be surprised if this debacle comes back to haunt me later this year.
解说: 但是他们做到了, 这就让我处于不利的地位(it put me in a bad spot). 我不会惊讶这次失败将会今年后缠绕着我(to haunt me later this year).

13. Why is the ocean salty?
解说: 为什么海水是咸的?

14. I believe you have what it takes to tackle obesity.
解说: 我相你能胜任(to have what it takes)对抗肥胖. "to have what it takes"是有办法, 有能力之意.

15. Don't you just love these people? Or maybe you hate them.
解说: 你不爱死这些人吗? 或者也许你恨死他们. 请注意, just在此是quite, very, 非常地, 的意思.
编者按: 有时美国人跟中国人一样也会讲反话, 明明气得要命也会说爱死他们.

16. All of our products are fully warranted against all defects in materials and workmanship for 100 years.
解说: 我们对所有产品的所有材料瑕疵以及工艺完全保证一百年. 这里谈到产品的缺陷或毛病被"are fully warranted against defects"完全保证.

17. How exactly does the federal government fritter away your hard-earned tax dollars?
解说: 联邦政府是怎样糟蹋/浪费(to fritter away)你的血汗税钱?

18. Why is that we know more about space than we do our own ocean life?
解说: 为什么我们知道的太空超过我们自己的海洋生态?

19. You've been had! The government is wasting your tax dollars.
解说: 你上当啦(You've been had)! 政府在浪费你的税钱.

20. Falling in love is not at all the most stupid thing that people do — but gravitation cannot be held responsible for it.
解说: 坠入爱河一点都不是人们所做的最愚蠢之事— 但是地心引力并不为这事负责(cannot be held responsible for it).

(本论坛文章欢迎网友转载, 请标明文章来源)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 308 访客