royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 936

帖子 royl » 周二 12月 22, 2020 4:07 pm

二十笔实用成语 936

01. rolling in clover/dough/it, be
定义: [俚语]在钱堆里打滚, 富裕, 生活富足.
例句: Once we get this plan underway, we'll be rolling in dough in no time! (一旦我们启动了这个计划, 我们将会马上财源滚滚!)

02. Rome was not built in one day.
定义: [谚语]罗马不是一日造成的. 伟大工作需要时间.
例句: "Are you still working on that same oil painting?" "Hey! Rome was not built in one day!" ("你怎么还在那同一张油画上作画?" "嘿! 罗马不是一日造成的. 伟大工作也需要时间!")

03. romp home, to; romp to victory, to
定义: 轻易赢得胜利.
例句: With her arch-rival out of commission with a pulled hamstring, the defending champion romped home at the Olympics once again. (由于她的主要对手因为腿筋拉伤而退出, 这名卫冕冠军再次轻易地取得奥林匹克冠军)

04. romp through, to
定义: 轻松嘻笑; 轻松愉快; 轻松通过.
例句: When we were young, we used to spend our summer romping through the woods behind our house. (小时候, 我们曾在屋后的树林里嘻笑玩耍, 轻松愉快渡过夏天)

05. the roof caves/falls in
定义: 厄运突然降临; 屋顶坍塌.
例句: I was living paycheck to paycheck and getting by OK, but then the roof caved in. I lost my job, and then my car and my house. (以前我靠着薪水过日子, 还能够过得去, 但是后来厄运突然降临. 我失业了, 然后又失去车子和房子)

06. roof over one's head, a
定义: 住处, 栖身之所.
例句: Every night, you should be grateful that you have a roof over your head and food on the table. (每个夜晚, 你应该为你有一处栖身之所和三餐足食而感恩)

07. rookie, a
定义: [俚语]没经验的人, 新手.
例句: The only one that doesn't want to take any blame ever is that rookie homicide detective Thomas. (唯一不肯承担任何责任的人就是那个新来的凶杀组警探汤马斯)

08. room and board
定义: 食宿, 食宿费.
例句: The university's price for room and board has increased by another 10 percent. (这间大学的食宿费已经又涨了百分之十了)

09. room for maneuver
定义: 回旋或改变空间; 回旋或改变余地.
例句: Hurry up! We don't have much room to maneuver in our schedule! (动作快一点! 我们日程安排很紧凑, 没有改变的余地!)

10. room together, to
定义: 住在同一寝室.
例句: I thought my best friend David and I would room together when we started college, but then I found out that he had rented a studio apartment for himself. (我原来是想我们大学一开学我好友大卫可以跟我同住一间寝室, 但是后来我发现他已经为他自己租了一间单房小公寓)
图片
一间单房小公寓studio apartment基本上是个麻雀虽小, 五脏俱全的小公寓

11. root and branch
定义: 彻底地, 彻头彻尾地.
例句: The new administration is aiming to overhaul the tax system root and branch. (这届新政府的目标便是彻底地改革整个税务系统)

12. root for, to
定义: 为某人或某队加油, 给与精神支持.
例句: Are you rooting for anyone in particular, or are you just shouting because you're excited? (你是在为某一个特定对象加油, 还只是因为你很兴奋才叫喊?)

13. root of the matter/problem, the
定义: 事件的根源; 问题的起因.
例句: We still don't understand what happened; we must get to the root of the matter. (我们还是不清楚发生了什么; 我们必须将此事追根究柢, 查个清楚)

14. root out, to
定义: 挖掘出, 发现; 连根拔起, 彻底摧毁.
例句: Unfortunately, we had to look through each file in the system to root out the true problem. (不幸的是, 我们不得不查遍这个系统所有的档案以便挖掘出真正问题之所在)

15. rooted to the spot, be
定义: 脚生了根似的, 动弹不得, 无法脱困.
例句: I stood rooted to the spot for a minute after seeing the two cars collide across the street. (看到了对街两部汽车相撞, 我惊吓得一时傻在那儿, 动弹不得)

16. rope in/into, to
定义: 说服某人参与; 说服, 哄骗某人做某事.
例句: I managed to rope in a few friends to help us move out on Saturday. (我费了不少口舌才说服了几位朋友帮助我们星期六搬出去)

17. rope off, to
定义: (将某场地)以绳索圈起来, 隔绝外人进入.
例句: The police roped off the street for the concert. (为了这次音乐会, 警方把这条街用绳索圈起来作为场地)

18. ROTFL
定义: [网路语言]倒地大笑或捧腹大笑. (注: ROTFL是rolling on the floor laughing的缩写)
例句: Just read this, it's absolutely hysterical! I am still ROFL. (你看看这个, 它绝对笑死人! 我到现在还捧腹大笑)

19. rotten to the core, be
定义: 彻底坏透了, 坏到骨子里.
例句: The defense attorney refused to take the case when he realized the criminal was rotten to the core, unrepentantly boasting about his heinous crimes. (当他了解这名嫌犯坏到骨子里, 他毫无悔意地吹嘘他所做的穷凶恶极罪行, 这名辩护律师拒绝接受这个案件)

20. rough around the edges, be
定义: (指某人)虽技术粗糙但具有潜力, 可造之材.
例句: This old truck's a little rough around the edges, but it's still the most reliable vehicle I've owned. (这部老爷卡车虽然看起来有点粗糙老旧, 但它仍旧是我所拥有的最可靠的一部车子)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 62 访客