royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 939

帖子 royl » 周一 1月 04, 2021 1:02 pm

二十笔实用成语 939

01. rub someone (up) the wrong way, to
定义: 无意中激起某人的敌对, 反感; 激怒某人.
例句: Her lack of politeness always rubs me the wrong way. (她这种不懂礼貌的样子总是令我反感)

02. rub someone's nose in it, to
定义: (不怀好意地)提醒某人过去的失败或曾犯的错误令人难堪.
例句: Whenever I make a mistake, my obnoxious co-worker is always eager to rub my nose in it. (每次我犯了错误, 我那个令人讨厌的同事总是迫不及待地提醒我的错误来让我难堪)

03. rub someone's nose in the dirt, to
定义: (不怀好意地)提醒某人过去的失败或曾犯的错误令人难堪.
例句: Sometimes the winners could not resist rubbing the enemy's nose in the dirt. (有时候这些胜利者会情不自禁地提醒他们敌手过去的失败来让他们难堪)

04. rub up on, to
定义: 温习知识; 使劲揉蹭.
例句: I'm spending the weekend rubbing up on French before we fly to Paris on Monday. (在下个星期一我们飞往巴黎之前, 我准备利用这个周末温习我的法语)

05. rubber check, a
定义: 空头支票, 橡皮支票. (注: 意指银行帐户没钱, 自然会跳票, 所以才称为橡皮支票)
例句: He's been handing out rubber checks right and left, but the police have caught up with him. (他到处乱开空头支票, 但是警方还是有办法寻线将他逮捕到案)

06. rude awakening, a
定义: 晴天霹雳, 突然得知惊人的坏消息.
例句: We had a rude awakening when the waiter brought us the bill and we saw how much we had spent on dinner and drinks. (这名服务员把帐单交给我们的时候我们吓了一大跳, 因为我们看到了帐单上的晚饭和酒水我们花了许多钱)

07. rue the day, to
定义: 总有一天会后悔(他所做的事尤其是害人或背叛人的事).
例句: I swear to you now, you will rue the day you ever crossed me! (我现在向你起誓, 你总有一天会为你背叛我而后悔!)

08. ruffle some feathers, to
定义: 骚扰, 挑衅, 冒犯, 挑起争端.
例句: Harry's bombastic, arrogant demeanor tends to ruffle some feathers, but he's a decent guy at heart. (哈利的夸夸其谈和一副自以为是的态度总是容易冒犯别人, 但他本人其实还是挺善良的)

09. ruffle someone's feathers, to
定义: 骚扰, 挑衅, 冒犯某人.
例句: Sarah's just teasing you. Don't let her ruffle your feathers like that. (莎拉只是在逗你玩. 以后别让她这样地冒犯你了)

10. rug up, to
定义: [澳洲俚语]多穿一些衣服以保暖.
例句: Rug up, dear friends! The wind is already whipping out there and the cold front is moving in! (多穿一些衣服, 亲爱朋友! 外面寒风凛凛, 这波冷锋正往这里逼进!)
图片
每到寒流来袭的时候, 气象或新闻节目都会提醒人们多穿些衣服以保暖

11. rule against, to
定义: 对...不利的判决, 反对.
例句: The judge ruled against the father, stating that he had not shown adequate reason to have sole custody of the children. (法官做出对这名父亲不利的判决, 庭上声明这名父亲并没有提出他拥有子女单独监护权令人满意的理由)

12. rule for, to
定义: 对...有利的判决, 赞成.
例句: The court ruled for the local company, siding with its complaint that the multinational corporation infringed on its copyrighted patents. (法庭做出对这家本地公司有利的裁决, 庭上同意它对那一家跨国企业侵犯它版权专利的控诉)

13. rule in, to
定义: 在众多的...选择其一.
例句: We have made no decisions yet. We are ruling nothing out and we are ruling nothing in. (我们还没做好决定. 我们既不排除任何想法也没有选择了任何想法)

14. rule of law, the
定义: 法治.
例句: It is a fundamental requisite of the rule of law that the law should be made known. (这套法律应该公告给人民, 如此做只是符合了法治的一项基本要求)

15. rule of thumb, a
定义: 经验法则, 基本原则.
例句: As a rule of thumb, the ice on the lake should be at least two inches thick to support one person. (作为一项经验法则, 湖上结冰应该至少要达到两英吋的厚度才能支撑一个人的重量.注: 句尾的to support one person如果你只翻译成支撑一个人而不加上重量的话你的翻译便词不达意, 切记!)

16. rule out, to
定义: 排除, 删除, 防止, 遏止.
例句: We mustn't rule out the possibility that a student with an uneven academic record can make dramatic progress, given the right campus environment. (假设给予学生适当的校园环境, 我们便不应当排除一名学业成绩参差不齐的学生仍可取得显著进步的可能性)

17. rule the roost, to
定义: 当家, 称霸.
例句: I'd say public school is much less violent than it was when I was a kid 40 years ago. Bullies ruled the roost and teachers did nothing about it. (我觉得现在的公立学校比起四十年前我还是小孩的公立学校要少了许多暴力. 过去校园内恃强凌弱的学生在学校称霸, 老师们对这种问题完全不管)

18. rule with a rod of iron, to
定义: 以铁腕控制或统御别人.
例句: She has ruled this company with a rod of iron for three decades, and it's going to be difficult for her to let go of control. (她已经铁腕统御了这家公司长达三十年了, 因此她将会难以舍弃对公司的掌控)

19. rumor/word has it
定义: 谣传是这样说的.
例句: No one is certain where the money went, but rumor has it the CEO has been embezzling the funds into offshore accounts. (没有人知道这些钱到了哪里去, 但是谣传说这名总裁一直把盗用来的公款存入离岸帐户)

20. rumor mill, the
定义: 谣言制造中心, 造谣抹黑的团体.
例句: Listen, David, you can't believe everything that comes out of the rumor mill. I can guarantee you that there will be no layoffs this year. (听我说, 大卫, 你不可相信谣言制造中心所说的每一件事. 我可以向你保证, 今年决对不会有裁员发生)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 41 访客