royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 940

帖子 royl » 周五 1月 08, 2021 2:22 pm

二十笔实用成语 940

01. rumors are flying
定义: 谣言四起.
例句: Although dates are yet to be set, rumors are flying that George will soon be playing a round of shows throughout Texas. (虽然日期还没有决定, 但已经谣言四起说什么乔治即将在整个德州展开新一轮的巡回演出)

02. run a check (on), to
定义: 调查, 核实, 或查询某人或某情况.
例句: Trooper Primm ran a check on the VIN and discovered that the truck had been reported stolen. (州警察普林姆把汽车识别号码输入电脑进行调查工作, 他发现了这部卡车早前便已报警被人偷走了)

03. run a comparison, to
定义: 进行一个比较.
例句: I ran a comparison and your current homeowners insurance policy is $1866/year, while a new policy would be about $4,155/year. (我做了一个比较, 你现有的房屋保险一年要付一千八百六十六元, 然而一份新保单你大概要付四千一百五十五元一年)

04. run a fever, to
定义: 发高烧.
例句: Maggie's running a fever and can't go to school today.. (麦琪正在发高烧, 今天没法上学了)

05. run a mile, would
定义: 唯恐避之不及, 躲得远远, 将尽一切力量避免某个情况.
例句: She likes him but she'd run a mile if he proposed to her. (她是喜欢他但她会躲得远远的如果他向她求婚的话)

06. run a red light, to
定义: 闯红灯.
例句: The driver of the stolen car ran a red light and hit a crossing truck. (那个赃车司机闯了红灯并撞上了一部正在穿越的卡车)
图片
撞上了一部正在穿越的汽车

07. run a/the risk, to
定义: 冒险, 惹祸上身, 自行负责.
例句: Whenever you burn a fossil fuel-based material in your home, you're running the risk of creating carbon monoxide. (每当你在家燃烧化石燃油为基础的燃料, 你无异于冒着给你自己制造一氧化碳的危险)

08. run a tab, to
定义: 赊帐或挂帐购买, 先签帐以后再付清.
例句: You can run a tab for groceries at my store if you pay every month. (如果你愿意每月支付的话, 你可以在我的店赊帐买食物与杂货)

09. run a temperature, to
定义: 发高烧.
例句: The little boy is running a temperature and should stay in bed all day. (这个小男孩正在发高烧, 他应该整天躺在床上)

10. run a tight ship, to
定义: 严格又有效率地管理一个组织.
例句: Mary sure ran a tight ship around here. The department has devolved into chaos without her leadership. (玛莉确实严格并有效率地管理这个部门. 没有她的领导这部门便恶化为一团混乱)

11. run a tub, to
定义: 接一盆洗澡水; 放水在澡池里.
例句: When you're finished your bath, will you run a tub for me? (你洗完澡之后, 你也帮我接一盆洗澡水好吗?)

12. run across, to
定义: 不期而遇或发现.
例句: While I was in Vancouver, I ran across an old friend of mine. (我在温哥华的时候, 我碰到了一个老朋友)

13. run after, to
定义: 追踪, 追逐; 追求(异性友人).
例句: I ran after her for nearly a year, but I finally realized I've been wasting my time. (我追求她快一年了, 但我终于明白了我一直在浪费我的时间. 注: 意指她对我根本没兴趣, 我也追不上她)

14. run against, to
定义: 突然意外地碰到(困难); 巧遇某人; 违反, 与...作对或抵触; 参选与某人竞争.
例句: The former CEO's actions run against everything this company stands for. (这名前任总裁的行为违反了这家公司所代表的所有原则)

15. run aground, to
定义: 搁浅, 触礁.
例句: A freighter that ran aground in the lower Detroit River and blocked a shipping channel for two days has been safely moved out of the way. (一艘于底特律河下游搁浅并且阻碍了航道两天交通的货轮已经被安全地拖移了航道. 注: 句尾的moved out of the way是指货轮已经被移出航道不再阻碍水路交通)
图片
一艘底特律河搁浅的货轮

16. run along, to
定义: (要某人)离开, 上路.
例句: You kids go run along and play outside. (你们小朋友到外面去玩去)

17. run amok/amuck, to
定义: 发狂, 失去控制.
例句: I was afraid that if I left the toddler alone she would run amok and have a hard time calming down. (我是怕如果我把这个正在学步的幼儿一人留在这儿的话, 她会发狂并失去控制而且难以冷静下来)

18. run an errand, to
定义: 去办事, 跑腿, 买东西, 送东西.
例句: I'm just stepping out to run an errand. I'll be back soon. (我只是出门去办件事儿. 我很快就回来)

19. run and get a doctor, to
定义: 快去请医生.
例句: I'm about to run and get a doctor when the heart monitor goes flat. (当这台心脏监视器的电波显示变成一直线我便准备快去请医生来急救)

20. run around in circles, to
定义: 瞎忙一场; 没效率地空转; 漫无目地兜圈子; 逃重就轻地打马虎眼.
例句: I have been running around all day but I can't seem to get anything done. (我瞎忙了一天但是我好像是什么事都没办成)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 38 访客