回复
royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 943

帖子 royl » 周四 2月 11, 2021 11:03 pm

二十笔实用成语 943

01. run on gasoline/battery, to
定义: 使用汽油或电池为能源或电源. (注: 意指机器或汽车使用汽油为燃料, 也可以用于柴油, 电池, 天然气或其他的能源或电源)
例句: I have a Dell XPS M1530 laptop with a 6 cell battery. If I am running on battery I need to recharge it sometimes everyday. (我有一部代尔XPS M1530手提式电脑使用的是六组电池芯的电池.如果我一直用电池作电源的话, 我将必须每天给它充电)
图片
六组电池芯电池

02. run on, to
定义: 啰啰唆唆, 废话连篇; (文章)长篇大论而不中断也不分段; 满脑子想的都是某件事.
例句: You're right, I do run on a bit at times, sorry. (你说的对, 我有时候确实是有点啰唆, 抱歉)

03. run one's eyes down, to
定义: 扫视或浏览一遍.
例句: Run your eyes down the list and it won't take long for dubious items to crop up. (你看一下这张单子, 不需要多久你就会看到那些可疑的项目跃然出现眼前)

04. run one's head against a/the brick wall, to
定义: 怎么做都做不出来, 四处碰璧, 徒劳无功.
例句: I feel like I've been running my head against a brick wall tr​​ying to understand this math equation. (我感觉我似乎怎么做都做不出来我根本看不懂这道数学方程式)

05. run one's mouth off, to
定义: 喋喋不休地乱讲话; 爱自我吹捧; 口无遮拦地胡说八道.
例句: I don't really hate you. I just hope you stop running your mouth off about me. (我真的不恨你. 我只希望你不要跟别人乱讲我的事情就好了)

06. run one's own life, to
定义: 独立自主, 掌握自己的人生.
例句: You think you're old enough to run your own life then get a job, move out and do it. Otherwise obey the rules of your father's house. (你以为你已经长大可以独立自主了, 那你就找个工作, 搬出去, 就这么做吧. 否则你就必须要遵守你父亲家里的规矩)

07. run one's own show, to
定义: 主导, 掌控全局.
例句: He's doing fine without them and he likes to run his own show without interference from any pesky business consultant. (没有他们他做得很好, 他喜欢主导他自己的事业不需要那些令人厌烦的商业顾问来干扰)

08. run oneself ragged, to
定义: 疲于奔命, 把自己累成坏了.
例句: I've been running myself ragged trying to clean and organize the house before your mom comes to visit. (我一直试图在你母亲来我们这儿住之前把屋子打扫和清理干净却把我累坏了)

09. run out of choices, to
定义: 无计可施, 没有选择, 该使用的选择都用完了.
例句: We ate at a burger joint because it was so late and we ran out of choices and my favorite fast-food restaurant is not available there. (我们在一家汉堡店吃的东西因为天色太晚, 我们也没有选择,我喜欢的快餐店在那儿找不到)

10. run out of gas, to
定义: 用完汽油; 失去冲劲, 热情; 心灰意懒; 疲惫不堪.
例句: After spending hours working on this car, I'm running out of gas. Can we take a break? (花了几个钟头修理这部车, 我累得要死. 我们能不能休息一下?)

11. run out of money, to
定义: 用完钱.
例句: Tom can talk about starting a new business all day long but if he's running out of money it doesn't bode well. (汤姆可以整天谈论创业, 但如果他的钱用光的话那他的前景不妙)

12. run out of patience, to
定义: 不耐烦, 失去耐性.
例句: I finally ran out of patience and lost my temper. (我最后失去了耐性, 发了一顿脾气)

13. run out of steam, to
定义: 失去活力, 冲劲或势头; 疲惫不堪.
例句: The promised economic recovery seems to have run out of steam. (这个被预期的经济复苏似乎变得疲软不堪)

14. run out of time, to
定义: 没时间, 时间不够.
例句: I felt pretty good about how I was doing on the test, but then I ran out of time before I got through the final section. (这次考试我觉得做的不错但我没做完最后一部分因为我的时间已经用完了)

15. run out of, to
定义: 用完, 用尽; 逃离; 驱逐出去, 赶走; 离开.
例句: I ran the boat out of the harbor at dawn and sped off for the fishing spot my brother recommended. (清晨我把船驶离港口, 冲向我哥哥所推荐的捕鱼地点)

16. run out on ..., to
定义: 离弃...
例句: I can't believe you would even consider running out on your family especially when they need you the most! (我真不敢相信你居然会考虑到离弃你的家人尤其在他们最需要你的时候!)

17. run out the clock, to
定义: [运动术语]拖延时间. (注: 意指为了保护领先尽量拖延比赛时间, 减少对方进球的机会)
例句: We kept moving the ball to try to run out the clock. (我们不停地互相传球试图拖延时间)

18. run out, to
定义: 到了终点, 过期, 完成; 用完; 释出, 放出; 伸出; 排版; 精疲力尽; 趋逐, 赶走; 比赛结束取得了某个名次.
例句: Slowly, I let the cables run out. (慢慢地, 我一点一点地放出电缆)

19. run over, to
定义: 超过极限; 溢满出来; 迅速地全面检查, 重复演练; 碾压, 撞倒及压过.
例句: He threatened to run me over if I didn't get out of his way. (他威胁要压死我如果我不让路的话)

20. run rampant, to
定义: 横行霸道; 毫无限制地发展或生长; 泛滥成灾, 失去控制.
例句: The wildfire ran rampant as strong winds fanned the flames and helped spread it across an ever-wider area. (这场野火在强风的煽动之下毫无限制地四处流窜使得它扩散至越来越广大的区域)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 38 访客