royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 945

帖子 royl » 周一 3月 01, 2021 11:55 pm

二十笔实用成语 945

01. run true to form, to
定义: 跟往常一样, 老是这样子(一点不让人惊奇), 就是这个样子的.
例句: Susie's attendance has always been pretty erratic and, running true to form, she didn't come to today's meeting. (苏西的出席率总是很难掌握, 没人能说得准, 跟往常一样, 她没出席今天的会议)

02. run up a debt/bill, to
定义: 欠下签帐累积债务或账单(再随后付清).
例句: If you ran up a credit card bill of $1,000 and only pay $20 off that bill each month, it could take almost 14 years to clear that bill if the interest rate is 22.9%. (如果你欠下一个一千元信用卡债而每月只付二十元偿债, 你可能几乎要花十四年才能还清这个债务如果利率是百分之22.9的话)

03. run up against something, to
定义: 碰到没预料的困难.
例句: They ran up against many problems when they were remodeling this old house. (当他们装修这栋老房子的时候, 他们碰到许多原先没想到的问题)

04. run up, to
定义: 哄抬价钱; 迅速地缝合; 追上叫住某人; 竖起; 升起; 累积; 造成或变成越来越大.
例句: She ran up to me and gave me a huge hug. (她跑过来叫住我并给我一个热情的拥抱)

05. run with the hare and hunt with the hounds, to
定义: 脚踏两条船, 同时支持冲突的双方; 阳奉阴违, 说一套做一套.
例句: How can you be taken seriously as a reformer when you have continued to accept gifts? You can't run with the hare and hunt with the hounds, Senator. (你身为一个改革者还继续接受礼物, 你怎么还能够得到别人的信任? 你不能说一套做一套, 参议员)

06. run with, to
定义: 充分利用; 广为宣传; 经常与...交往, 配合; 接受并付诸执行; 展现自己的特质.
例句: The boss decided to run with my idea of​​ developing a smart-phone app to accompany our newest product. (老板决定接受我的开发一个附加在我们最新产品的智能手机应用程序的想法并付诸执行)

07. run your eye over, to
定义: 迅速地阅读, 浏览或核对一下.
例句: Please run your eye over this proposal and let me know what you think. (请你浏览一下这个建议书然后再告诉你的看法)

08. run/dash/head for cover, to
定义: 逃命, 仓促跑到安全地方避难, 赶紧躲起来.
例句: I ran for cover as the hail started to fall. (当冰雹开始要落下的时候我仓促跑到安全地方躲起来)
图片
积在草地上的冰雹

09. running behind schedule, be
定义: (工作)比原计划落后; 比预定时间落后; 迟到.
例句: The trains are running behind schedule. (这班火车迟到了)

10. running dog, a
定义: 走狗, 帮凶.
例句: Trump and his running dogs are doing their best to frighten suburbanites with delusive intimations of black hordes descending on their peaceful enclaves. (特朗普和他的帮凶正尽一切力量利用其炮制的黑人们正大量集结闯进他们宁静的安乐窝这种虚妄的威胁来恫吓郊区选民)

11. running on empty, be
定义: 精疲力尽; 资金或资源将要枯竭.
例句: I've been painting our old house for four hours every night after work, and I am seriously running on empty at this point. (我已经每晚下班之后花上四个钟头粉刷我们的旧房子, 我现在非常疲惫不堪)

12. running water, the
定义: 自来水, 自来水系统.
例句: At the cabin in the woods we don't have running water. (在森林里的小木屋那儿我们没有自来水供应)

13. runny nose, a
定义: 流鼻水.
例句: Spring is here and you've had a runny nose and itchy eyes since the snow started to melt. It's possible that you might have a cold, but it could also be seasonal allergies. (春天已经来到, 而你在积雪开始融化之后便患了流鼻水和眼睛红痒. 你有可能染上了感冒, 但也可能得了季节性过敏症)

14. runt of the litter, the
定义: 群体里最瘦小或最弱的一个. (注: runt是母兽生出的一窝里最弱小的一只幼兽)
例句: When it comes to mathematics, I am the runt of the litter. My scores on math tests are very low. (说到了数学, 我是班上数学最弱的学生. 我数学考试的成绩非常低)

15. rush hour, the
定义: 交通尖峰时间.
例句: During rush hour, many drivers become impatient and angry. (在交通尖峰期间, 许多驾驶人变成没有耐性和怒气冲冲的样子)
图片
交通尖峰期间, 有些驾驶人变成另一个人似的

16. rush into, to
定义: 涌入, 冲入; 急躁行事; 灌入, 推入.
例句: I wouldn't rush into any deal like that with him if I were you. You don't know this guy too well, so who's to say he won't screw you over? (如果我是你的话, 我不会急躁地跟他进行任何的这样交易. 你对这个人不甚了解, 因此谁敢断言他不会讹诈你?)

17. rush someone off their feet, to
定义: 令某人疲于奔命, 精疲力尽; 敦促施压于某人.
例句: Just about every parent on the planet knows how kids can rush you off your feet. (几乎地球上每一位父母都知道小朋友们能够如何把你弄得精疲力尽, 疲于奔命)

18. play Russian roulette, to
定义: 做出疯狂蛮干的行为; 做出不要命或玩命的疯狂行为; 玩俄罗斯轮盘. (注: 意指将左轮手枪放进一颗子弹后翻转枪轮再朝自己脑部开枪)
例句: If you drink and drive, you're playing Russian roulette with your life and the lives of others. (如果你酒后驾车, 你无异是拿你自己的生命和其他人的生命来疯狂玩命)

19. Rust Belt, the
定义: 美国中西部与东北部的老旧衰败的工业地带.
例句: Unemployment rates are high across the country, but the Rust Belt continues to have the highest, as the manufacturing sector has been particularly slow to recover. (正当制造业特别地缓慢复苏的时候, 全国的失业率已经居高不下, 但老旧衰败的工业地带则持续地遭到全国最高失业率的打击)

20. rust out, to
定义: 锈坏掉, 锈穿了.
例句: No one wants that car because it's all rusted out. (没有人想要那辆破车因为它全部都锈穿掉)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 17 访客