royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 948

帖子 royl » 周五 3月 12, 2021 11:14 pm

二十笔实用成语 948

01. sands of time, the
定义: 时间的流逝.
例句: Some people despair to see themselves aging in the mirror as the sands of time slip by, but I relish growing older and seeing myself change along with the rest of the world. (随着时间的流逝有些人看到镜中自己的老去便感到绝望, 但我却喜悦地享受着年龄增长以及看着自己和世界上其他人一起的改变)

02. sap one's energy/strength, to
定义: 逐渐耗尽精力.
例句: Both high heat and high humidity in the summer are sapping my energy. (夏天的高温和高湿度正逐渐耗尽我的精力)

03. sarcastic vs. ironic
定义: [易混淆字或片语]这两形容词都具有讽刺的意义, 但sarcastic是挖苦, 嘲笑, 尖酸刻薄以伤害别人自尊为目的, 而ironic主要是用在以反话来形容某事以达到好笑的目的或对比情形越弄越糟的讽刺性.

04. saturate with, to
定义: 使饱和, 充满, 充斥, 弥漫.
例句: My grandmother's bread-baking always saturated the house with the wonderful smells. (我外婆的香气喷鼻烘焙面包气味总是弥漫着整个屋子)

05. save (one's) face, to
定义: 保全面子.
例句: Our boss was embarrassed when he had to tell us that the company had lost a lot of money. However, he was able to save face when he showed that the problems were outside of his control. (当他不得不告诉我们公司损失许多金钱的时候我老板很尴尬. 然而他却还能保全自己面子当他指出这些问题是他所不能控制的)

06. save a bundle, to
定义: 省一大笔钱.
例句: We saved a bundle when we switched our internet service provider last fall. (我们去年秋天换掉了网路服务供应商之后我们省下一大笔钱)

07. save for ...
定义: [介词]除了...之外.
例句: My entire department is just a bunch of idiots! Well, save for Janet – she's all right. (我们整个部门都是一群白痴! 哦, 除了珍妮特 – 她还正常)

08. save for a rainy day, to
定义: 保留资源或资金以备未来不时之需.
例句: Ed and Viola spend little money. They're saving for a rainy day. (爱德和薇奥拉都不怎么花钱. 他们把钱省下来乃是以备未来不时之需)

09. save for, to
定义: 节省, 储存; 帮人留下某物或食物; 预留或保留.
例句: I've always made a point of saving for unforeseen emergencies. (我总是一直强调节省资源或资金以备未来不时之需的重要性)

10. save one's breath, to
定义: 省点力气, 别去争论.
例句: You can save your breath and not bother talking to Tom. He never listens to anyone. (省点力气, 别费劲去跟汤姆争论. 他从不听任何人的辩解)

11. save someone's bacon/hide/neck/skin, to
定义: 救某人躲过劫难, 救己一命.
例句: Your father once saved my bacon, did you know that? He lent me money when I needed it the most. (你父亲曾经帮我逃过一劫, 你知道吗? 在我最需要钱的时候他慷慨解囊相助)

12. save the day, to
定义: 转危为安; 消弭了失败或灾祸; 解除了难题.
例句: Your excellent speech calmed the crowd and saved the day. (你卓越的演讲平息了群众的鼓噪, 解除了危机)

13. save up, to
定义: 省下, 积蓄, 储蓄, 储存.
例句: How do I save up enough money to buy a $750 camera if I'm 15 and don't have a job? (我如何储蓄足够的钱去买一部价值七百五十美元的照相机如果我只有十五岁也没有工作的话?)

14. keep your breath to cool your porridge, to
定义: 管好自己的事务, 别管别人的闲事.
例句: Martha, I strongly suggest that you keep your breath to cool your porridge, rather than intruding upon their affairs. (玛莎, 我强烈建议妳管好自己的事情, 别去介入他们的事务)

15. saved by the bell, be
定义: 在困境最后一刻被解救或被解危.
例句: Saved by the bell! The professor was just asking me why my report was two weeks late when you came in. (解危了! 教授正在质问我为什么我的报告迟交了两个星期的时候你正好走进来)

16. saving grace, a
定义: 尚有可取之处, 可以弥补某人缺陷的优点.
例句: It's expensive, but the machine's saving grace is its ease of operation. (它价钱昂贵, 但这部机器的可取之处是它容易操作)

17. savor the moment, to
定义: 珍惜这一刻, 尽情享受这一刻.
例句: Savoring the moment: Living in the moment and fully enjoying the good times can have a huge impact on your life. (尽情享受这一刻: 活在这一刻, 充分地享受美好的时光, 这对你的人生会产生巨大的影响)

18. say a few words, to
定义: 简短地说几句话.
例句: I'd like to say a few words about my good friend Mike. I met him at college and now we work together and technically he is my boss. (我想要简短地说几句有关我好友麦克的话. 我在大学与他相遇, 现在我们工作在一起, 严格来说他还是我的老板)

19. It says a lot about/for; It says much about/for
定义: 充分地说明; 明白地显示出.
例句: Anyone can be a gracious winner, but the way you handle yourself when you lose says a lot about your character. (任何人都可以作一个雍容大度的胜利者, 但是当你是输家的时候, 你所表现的一言一行却能够充分地显示出你的人格)

20. say a mouthful, to
定义: 长篇大论; 说到重点; 说得悲痛, 中肯或明白.
例句: When you said things were busy around here, you said a mouthful. It is terribly busy. (你说这里的情况相当忙碌, 你可是一语中的. 这里确实忙得不可开交)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 8 访客