请网友踊跃提出英语文问题, 或自己学习心得
回复
royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 950

帖子 royl » 周三 3月 17, 2021 1:55 pm

二十笔实用成语 950

01. Say, isn't that your girl friend over there?
[成语句型]哎呀, 那边不是你的女朋友吗? (注: say在这里是惊叹词, 像"哎呀"一样, 主要是要表达惊讶或震惊之意, 不是"说"的意思)

02. Says who!
定义: [惊叹语] 谁说的! 谁规定的! (注: 表面上看似一个问句, 其实是一个惊叹语因为你根本不相信或不满这个争议性的规定, 命令, 要求或评论)
例句: "You can't take those files with you!" "Oh, really? Says who – you?" ("你不能把这些文件带走!" "噢, 真的吗? 谁规定的 – 你吗? ")

03. Says you!
定义: [惊叹语]去你的! 鬼扯! 这只是你的一面之辞! (注: 表达不相信及不屑之意)
例句: "There's no way we'll be able to sell all of these chocolate bars." "Says you! I'm already about halfway through my stock." ("我们绝不可能把所有的巧克力糖卖完." "鬼扯! 我已经把我手中的存货卖掉一半了." 注: 美国小学有些筹款活动派学生向亲友邻居推销糖果; 既可以训练他们与人打交道又可以筹募资金)

04. scale down, to
定义: 爬下; 调低 (例如规模或成本).
例句: The bad economy forced us to scale the project down. (这个萧条经济迫使我们调低了这个工作项目的成本)

05. scale up, to
定义: 爬上; 调高 (例如规模或成本).
例句: With this sudden increase in funding, we can finally scale up our research project! (有了这笔突然增加的资金注入, 我们终于能够扩大我们研究项目的规模!)

06. scandal is brewing, a
定义: 一件丑闻正在酝酿中.
例句: Now, a scandal is brewing. Her career and her relationship with her family will be tarnished if word gets out. (目前一件丑闻正在酝酿中. 这事如果被传出去的话, 她的事业以及她跟她家庭关系的声誉便会遭到玷污)

07. scarce as hen's teeth, be (as)
定义: 罕见, 很难或不可能找到.
例句: Decent people are as scarce as hen's teeth in these chaotic times. (在这个乱世当中, 正派的人士真是稀少罕见)

08. scarcely ever
定义: 绝无仅有, 几乎不. (注: 意指做某事)
例句: We used to go visit Grandma and Grandpa every year when I was a kid, but nowadays, I scarcely ever see them. (我们小时候每年都会去探望爷爷奶奶, 但现今的我却几乎从不去看他们了)

09. scare away/off, to
定义: 把...吓走或令其畏惧麻烦而不敢接近.
例句: Thankfully, John was able to scare the puma away by shouting and swinging a big stick at it. (幸好, 约翰能够利用大声叫喊以及向它挥舞大棍子的办法把这只美洲狮吓走)
图片
美洲狮

10. throw a scare into, to
定义: 惊吓或恐吓某人令其因心生畏惧而去做某事或无奈接受某事或物.
例句: Unless you throw a scare into them, you can't do anything to them. (除非你让他们心生畏惧, 否则你拿他们没办法)

11. scare out of one's wits, to
定义: 吓死人, 吓得魂飞魄散.
例句: Don't sneak up on me like that, you scared me out of my wits! (别偷偷摸摸地走到我的后面, 你这样会吓死人的!)

12. scare someone to death, to
定义: 吓死人, 吓呆了, 吓得魂飞魄散.
例句: You nearly scared me to death. (你差一点把我吓死了)

13. scare the daylights out of someone, to
定义: 吓死人, 吓得魂飞魄散.
例句: That car accident seems to have scared the daylights out of Janet. She's still pretty badly shaken by it now. (那场车祸似乎把珍妮特吓坏了. 她到现在还是怀有极大的恐惧不安的感觉)

14. scare the piss out of someone, to
定义: 吓得屁滚尿流.
例句: He scared the piss out of me standing in the dark, waiting for me. (他站在阴暗处等候我把我吓得屁滚尿流)

15. scare up, to
定义: 大肆张罗, 大费周章凑合, 吃力地筹措资源财物或寻求帮助.
例句: I managed to scare up enough cash to get a bus out to Vancouver to see my girlfriend this weekend. (我大费周章才筹措了足够的现金, 买了一张去温哥华的巴士车票, 这个周末去看我的女友)

16. scare/frighten the life out of me, to
定义: 吓死人, 吓得魂不附体.
例句: My son jumped out of the closet and shouted boo! He nearly scared the life out of me. (我儿子突然从储藏室跳出来怪叫一声! 他差一点吓死我)

17. scared of ..., be
定义: 惧怕...
例句: If you're so scared of germs that you aren't able to shake people's hands or touch doorknobs, you can call yourself a germaphobe. (如果你过于害怕细菌感染因此你没法跟人握手或触碰门把的话, 你可以称你自己是个有洁癖的人)

18. scared stiff, be
定义: 吓死人, 吓呆了.
例句: I was scared stiff when I heard someone in our kitchen in the middle of the night. (三更半夜我听到有人在我们厨房里走动的声音把我吓坏了)

19. scared the dickens out of me, be
定义: 吓死人, 吓呆了, 吓得魂飞魄散.
例句: The sound of the smoke alarm scared the dickens out of us this morning. (我被今天早上烟火警报器发出的警铃声音吓得魂不附体. 注: 由于烟火警报器发出的警铃声音非常尖锐响亮, 突如其来地响起会很吓人)
图片
烟火警报器

20. scarf down, to
定义: 狼吞虎咽.
例句: Let me scarf down some breakfast first, and I'll be ready to go! (让我先大口吃一些早餐垫一下肚子, 然后我就准备出发!)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 23 访客