royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 951

帖子 royl » 周日 3月 21, 2021 10:32 pm

二十笔实用成语 951

01. scathing criticism
定义: 严厉的批评或谴责.
例句: After months of scathing criticism, media and politicians are reconsidering Florida's response to pandemic by not adopting the same COVID-19 restrictions as many other states. (历经了数个月的严厉谴责之后, 媒体和政客们正重新审视佛罗里达州所采取的与别州冠状病毒管制措施相反的流行病对策)

02. scatter around/about, to
定义: 散布或散乱的到处都是, 散居各地.
例句: The cat jumped onto my desk and scattered about all my important documents. (这只猫跳上我的办公桌, 把我所有的重要文件弄得散乱四处)

03. scattered to the four winds, be
定义: 到处四散.
例句: Our family has been scattered to the four winds now that all of our kids are in college in different states. (由于我们所有的子女在不同的州上大学, 我们家人现今散居在各处)

04. scent blood, to
定义: 闻到血味; 察觉出对方的弱点你将可利用它来击败对手.
例句: Do not give any indication that we are willing to settle. If we do, the attorneys will scent blood and we won't get what we want. (千万别露出你愿意和解的迹象. 一旦我们显露出来的话,这些律师将会察觉出我们弱点的所在, 我们便得不到我们想要的诉求)

05. school of hard knocks, the
定义: 生活学校, 社会大学. (注: 在生活中历尽沧桑跟磨练, 跟我们中国人所谓的社会大学有相同的意义)
例句: The problem with you is that you've been spoiled your whole life. You haven't had gone through the school of hard knocks to teach you what the world is really like! (你的问题是你这一生都被惯坏了. 你还没经历过人间沧桑的磨练来让你见识见识现实世界到底是什么个样子!)

06. schoolboy humor
定义: 愚昧不成熟的笑话. (注: 这种笑话虽不礼貌但并不至于冒犯别人)
例句: Guys, enough with the schoolboy humor. Let's try to act like adults, please. (伙计们, 别再讲这些无聊不成熟的笑话了. 我们也该试着表现得像成年人一样, 拜托拜托)

07. scoot over, to
定义: 向边挪一挪, 给人让些空间.
例句: Help me scoot this table over so everyone will be able to fit in the kitchen. (帮我把这个桌子向那边挪一挪这样大家都可以挤进这间厨房)

08. scope out, to
定义: 初步审视以作评估; 打量, 琢磨; 作案之前探路.
例句: We need to scope out some locations for the music video this weekend. (我们需要评估几个地点作为周末拍摄音乐影片的场地)

09. score a success/victory/win/hit, to
定义: 取得成功或功成名就.
例句: Whilst we have scored some success, I believe that more work needs to be done to ensure that we realize our full potential. (尽管取得了一些成功, 我认为我们还要做更多努力来确保我们把潜力完全施展出来. 注: 这句话里的believe是"认为"或在英文上是think的意思)

10. score off, to
定义: 斗嘴, 伤人自尊, 羞辱别人; 得分; 免费取得; 取得优势; 从名单上画掉.
例句: Mark always makes a point of scoring off his cousin when they get into arguments as a way of flaunting his intellect. (每当他们发生争论的时候, 马克总是故意地羞辱他的表弟来炫耀他的辩才)

11. score points off, to
定义: (与人辩论)占上风或将人驳倒.
例句: I don't like Tom. He's always trying to score points off everybody. (我不喜欢汤姆. 他总是试图把大家都驳倒)

12. score points, to
定义: 驳倒别人; 得分, 取得赞赏或好感; 取得有利地位; 占有利条件.
例句: I scored some points with my mother-in-law by offering to wash the dishes after the big meal. (享用了丰盛大餐之后我自愿请求清洗碗盘, 此举获得了我岳母的赞赏和好感)

13. have a score to settle, to
定义: 有仇要报; 清算旧怨; 了结一笔旧帐.
例句: Jack and I have a score to settle. (我和杰克有一笔旧怨要了结)

14. score with, to
定义: 直切, 直割; 取得好感或认同, 讨好别人; 与某人发生性行为.
例句: The government is aiming to score with environmental groups with its newest policy. (这届政府有意要以其新政策来博取环保团体的好感)

15. scores of ...
定义: 很多, 大量.
例句: For nine months, the lions killed scores of people at the site of the Tsavo River bridge. These lions were deliberately hunting humans, preferring them over any other prey. (九个月来, 这群狮子在察沃河大桥附近杀害了许多人们. 这群狮子有意要猎杀人类, 比起其他猎物来说它们更喜欢捕食人类)
图片
被捕杀的察沃河食人雄狮

16. scout's honor
定义: 我所说的是真的.
例句: "Are you really telling me the truth about what happened to my car?" "Scout's honor!" ("你是真的在告诉我有关发生在我车子的真相吗?" "我说的都是实话! ")

17. scramble to cope with ..., to
定义: 匆促狼狈地处理...(问题).
例句: Businesses slashed inventories in this month by the largest amount in seven years as they scrambled to cope with the record plunge in sales. (当公司行号仓促狼狈地应付这次破记录的销售额暴跌, 他们都在本月做出七年来最大幅度的库存削减)

18. scrape by, to
定义: 勉强维持生计; 以低分或低标准过关; 侥幸逃过不被发现, 批评或处分.
例句: Since John lost his job, we've had to scrape by on what's left of our savings. (由于约翰的失业, 我们不得不靠着我们剩余的积蓄来勉强维持生计)

19. scrape the bottom of the barrel, to
定义: 费力搜凑别人剩下的次等烂货. (注: 因为其他好货都拿光)
例句: "These were the best you could get?" "Sorry, the selection was already picked through, so I really had to scrape the bottom of the barrel even to find those." ("这些就是你能够找到的最好货色吗?" "抱歉, 好货都被别人挑走了, 所以我只好拼凑别人剩下的次货才找到这些.")

20. scrape together, to
定义: 东拼西凑; 积凑出来; 刮下来.
例句: I barely scraped up enough money to pay this month's rent. (我勉强地东拼西凑才凑足了这个月的房租)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 11 访客