royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 952

帖子 royl » 周三 3月 24, 2021 9:43 am

二十笔实用成语 952

01. scrape up an acquaintance, to
定义: 竭力结识或巴结某人尤其是为了某特殊目的.
例句: He scraped up an acquaintance with the college president in hopes of getting his son admitted. (他想尽办法结识这所大学校长以期望能使他儿子被这间大学录取)

02. scratch out a living, to
定义: 勉强维生.
例句: The single mom scratches out a living as a waitress in a diner. (这名单亲妈妈靠着在一家小餐馆作女服务员来勉强维持生活)

03. scratch off, to
定义: 刮掉, 刮除; 从名单上删除; 匆匆潦草写下或画草图.
例句: We don't need any pickles, you can scratch that off the shopping list. (我们不需要腌黄瓜, 你可以把它从购物单上删除)
图片
腌黄瓜

04. scratch one's head, to
定义: 困惑, 无法理解.
例句: They're all scratching their heads over his decision to pull the plug on the lucrative program. (他们都对他终止这档赚大钱的节目所做的决定百思不得其解)

05. scratch someone's back, to
定义: 帮某人一个忙尤其冀望礼尚往来. (注: 意指鱼帮水, 水帮鱼; 美国有句老话: 这次你帮我忙, 下次我会回报)
例句: I don't mind driving this time - she's scratched my back plenty of times. (我不介意这次由我来开车 – 她已经帮了我不少忙了)

06. scratch that, to
定义: 从名单除去, 撤销, 注销, 终止, 取消.
例句: I wonder how much it would be to have our wedding inside the aquarium? Actually, scratch that, that's a ridiculous idea. (我想知道我们在水族馆中举行婚礼要花费多少钱? 说实在的, 算了, 别提了, 这个想法很荒谬)

07. scratch the surface, to
定义: 触及了表面, 尚未深入了解真相.
例句: We don't know how bad the problem is. We've only scratched the surface. (我们还不了解这个问题有多严重. 我们只触及了问题的表面)

08. scream blue/bloody murder, to
定义: 强烈地叫喊或抗议.
例句: When they refused to give me a refund, I screamed bloody murder until the manager came out. (他们拒绝把钱退还给我, 我就嘶声怒吼和强烈抗议直到他们经理出来为止)

09. scream one's head off, to
定义: 大声嘶叫.
例句: Suzy screamed her head off when I told her I wouldn't buy her an ice cream cone. (我告诉苏西我不会帮她买蛋卷冰淇淋之后, 她便大声嘶喊来抗议我)
图片
蛋卷冰淇淋

10. screw around with, to
定义: 不懂又胡乱操作或修理机器或器材.
例句: Hey, don't screw around with the thermostat. It needs to stay at 68 degrees. (喂, 别乱动这个温度控制器. 它必须要设在68度)
图片
冷暖气机温度控制器

11. screw around, to
定义: 鬼混, 闲聊, 闲逛; 扯皮, 胡闹; 骚扰, 惹是生非; 到处寻花问柳或生张熟魏; 不懂又胡乱操作或修理机器或器材.
例句: I spent the morning screwing around and didn't get anything done. (我一个早上都在鬼混, 什么事都没做)

12. screw out of, to
定义: 欺骗, 诈欺.
例句: He has a very successful business, but his partner screwed him out of everything he'd earned over the years. (他拥有一份非常成功的事业, 但他的合伙人却把他多年来所来赚的钱财都骗光了)

13. screw someone over, to
定义: 诈欺, 诈骗, 欺骗某人; 对人偏颇不公平; 陷人于劣势或困境; 不让某人好过.
例句: Tom really screwed us over when he quit in the middle of the project! (汤姆居然在这个工作项目还在进行的当儿辞职, 这下可把我们整惨了!)

14. screw someone/that
定义: [不雅语]去你的! 才不理它! 滚一边去!
例句: "You're a lousy mechanic, Benjamin." "Hey, your car's running, isn't it? So screw you!" ("你是一个蹩脚的修车工, 班杰明." "嘿, 你车子不是好好的还能开, 是不是? 那你给我滚一边去!")

15. screw the pooch, to
定义: 惨败, 犯下大错尤其对未来有严重的影响, 办砸事情.
例句: I'm sorry, boss, I really screwed the pooch this time. Do you think we can get the clients back if I explain that it was all a misunderstanding because of me? (对不起, 老板, 我这次把事情真办砸了.你认为我们还能挽回这些客户如果我跟他们解释都是因为我的关系才造成这次的误解?)

16. screw up, to
定义: 笨手笨脚的坏了事, 办砸事情, 弄得乱七八糟, 栓紧螺丝钉.
例句: My travel agent screwed up our travel schedule so we had to stay at the airport overnight. (我的旅行社承办人把我旅游行程搞乱了因此我们不得不在机场过夜)

17. screw your courage to the sticking place, to
定义: 坚定不移地勇于面对危险.
例句: Men, some of us may not make it back alive, but such is the nature of war; so screw your courage to the sticking place and show them what you're made of! (士兵们, 我们中间会有一些人可能无法活着回来, 但这就是战争的本质; 所以你们要勇于面对生命危险, 让人们看看你刚毅勇敢, 坚苦卓绝的真汉子本色!)

18. scrimp and save, to
定义: 节衣缩食, 精打细算, 节樽开支.
例句: Ever since we had our third child, we've had to scrimp and save to make sure they all get what they want for Christmas. (自从我们有了第三个孩子之后, 我们不得不精打细算, 节樽开支来确保儿女们都能够得到他们想要的圣诞礼物)

19. scrounge around, to
定义: 到处搜寻或拼凑.
例句: Due to new immigration restrictions, the hotel industry along the east coast has been scrounging around for enough workers to handle their busy season. (由于新移民法的限制, 沿着东海岸的旅馆业者一直在努力地到处招募足够的人手来应付他们的旅游旺季)

20. scrounge off/from, to
定义: 乞讨, 占人便宜, 打秋风.
例句: They're trying to scrounge off the government by getting welfare benefits without being honestly ill or unemployed. (既没人真实生病也没人失业的情况下, 他们却试图榨取政府的福利救济金)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 11 访客