royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 953

帖子 royl » 周日 3月 28, 2021 9:45 pm

二十笔实用成语 953

01. scrounge up, to
定义: 拼凑寻求作为急需或集用; 乞讨, 借贷, 挖掘, 寻觅.
例句: I didn't have any quarters for the washing machine, but I scrounged some up by looking under the cushions on the sofa. (我身上一颗可以用在洗衣机的两毛五分硬币都没有, 但我在沙发垫子底下找到了几颗)
图片
两毛五分硬币
图片
自助洗衣店内的投币操作洗衣机和烘干机

02. scrub up, to
定义: 清洗干净, 彻底清洗手与臂(手术之前).
例句: Make sure to get your kids in the habit of scrubbing up before they eat. (务必要小朋友们都养成洗干净手才上桌吃饭的习惯)

03. scrunch up, to
定义: 揉成一团; 挤压皱成一团.
例句: Don't scrunch the newspaper up like that. It makes it hard to read! (别把这份报纸弄成这么皱. 这样让人难以阅读!)

04. scum of the earth, the
定义: 畜牲不如的社会人渣或败类.
例句: The people who carried out those atrocities are the scum of the earth! (这些犯下了滔天罪行的人们无异是畜牲不如的败类!)

05. scurry for cover, to
定义: 逃命, 仓促跑到安全地方避难, 赶紧躲起来.
例句: As gunfire erupted in the lobby, hundreds of gamblers and hotel guests scurried for cover. (当枪声在大厅爆发的那一刻, 数百名赌客和酒店客人匆忙地找地方躲起来)

06. sea change, a
定义: 由海所造成的改变; 巨大的改变, 变革, 改造.
例句: The transition from using desktop computers to mobile devices represents a sea change in data management within the field of information technology. (从使用桌上型电脑过渡至使用移动电子设备象征一个资讯科技领域内数据管理的巨大变格)
图片
各式各样的移动电子设备

07. sea legs
定义: 习惯船上生活的体能, 不晕船; 有能力熟悉新环境或恶劣环境.
例句: Of course you're scared, it's your first day of teaching! But you'll get your sea legs soon enough, don't worry. (这是你教书生涯的第一天, 你当然会恐惧! 但别担心. 你不久就会熟悉你的新环境)

08. seal a/the deal/sale, to
定义: (正式)完成一个买卖.
例句: I wasn't convinced at first, but it sealed the deal when he offered to include a 5-year warranty for free. (我刚开始还不确定, 但他说他愿意加进一个免费的五年保修期给我才促成了这笔买卖的成交)

09. seal of approval, a
定义: 正式认可; 认证, 批准, 推荐的标章.
例句: No, you can't start that construction project until the boss gives it his seal of approval. (不行, 你先要取得老板的正式批准才可以开始那个营造工程项目动工)

10. seal off, to
定义: 封锁, 关闭. (注: 可用于封锁犯罪现场或边境)
例句: Police sealed off the neighborhood where the crimes had occurred and searched for the two men. (警方封锁了案发的邻近地区并且搜捕那两名男子)

11. seal one's fate, to
定义: 不可挽回地决定了自己的命运.
例句: If you fail this exam, it will seal your fate and make your GPA low enough to qualify for expulsion. (如果这次考试你不及格的话, 它将决定了你的命运, 造成你的平均成绩低落至符合被学校开除的条件)

12. seal one's victory/win, to
定义: 取得明确的胜利.
例句: The Ukrainian player halted Stephens' comeback as she won three games back-to-back and sealed her second win over Stephens in four career matches. (这名乌克兰选手连续赢得三场比赛并阻止了斯蒂芬东山再起的机会, 她也取得与斯蒂芬所进行的四场攸关网球生涯比赛的第二场胜利)

13. seal up, to
定义: 封锁, 密封; 闭口不言; 完全定案, 明确地解决.
例句: Would you please seal this box up for me so I can get it in the mail? (能不能请你帮我把这个盒子密封起来这样我才能把它邮寄出去?)

14. seamy side, the
定义: 肮脏的, 阴暗的, 卑鄙的, 或丑陋的一面.
例句: It's well known that the world of entertainment has its seamy side: drug abuse, corruption, alcoholism... (众所周知的是娱乐界有其阴暗丑陋的一面, 例如: 吸毒, 生活浮滥, 酗酒等等问题)

15. search high and low for something, to
定义: 急切地寻找; 为了找某物寻遍每个地方, 每个角落.
例句: We've been searching high and low for an apartment we can afford, but the housing market in this town is atrocious. (为了找一间我们能承担得起的公寓, 我们已经寻遍每个角落, 但是这座城市的房屋市场情况非常不利于租房者)

16. search me
定义: 我不知道(答案).
例句: "How long has this milk been in the fridge?" "Search me. Check the expiration date." ("这盒牛奶摆在冰箱多久了?" "我不知道. 你可以查看它的保鲜日期." )

17. search one's heart/soul/conscience, to
定义: 扪心自问, 自我反省.
例句: I spent a lot of time searching my soul in order to try and find out why my girlfriend had left me. (为了试图找出是什么原因我女友离开了我, 我花了很长的时间扪心自问)

18. seat is taken, the
定义: 这个座位已经有人占了.
例句: "Excuse me ma'am. Is this seat taken?" "No. Help yourself." ("不好意思, 这位女士. 这个座位有人坐吗?" "没有. 请自便.")

19. second best, the
定义: 不是你真心想要的东西, 次好的.
例句: The two teams seemed evenly matched, but Arsenal came off second best. (这两队看起来势均力敌, 但兵工厂队最后仍屈居第二. 注: 两队相争, 如果某队位居第二的话, 那肯定是指输的一方)

20. second chance, a
定义: 再一次机会, 洗心革面的机会.
例句: I could have fired him, but I gave him a second chance. (我原可把他辞退, 但我还是再给他一次机会)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 22 访客