royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 954

帖子 royl » 周三 3月 31, 2021 9:41 pm

二十笔实用成语 954

01. second in line, the
定义: 排名第二, 第二顺位; 接班顺序.
例句: The second in line, after the Vice President is the Speaker of the House of Representatives. The next in line is the President pro tempore of the Senate. (排在副总统之后的接班顺序是美国众议院议长. 下一位接班人选是参议院临时议长. 注: 意指美国总统死亡或不能执行其职务时的接班顺序)

02. second language, a
定义: 母语之外的第二语言.
例句: Contemporary linguists commonly use the term L1 to refer to a first language, and the term L2 to refer to a second language. (当代语言学家一般使用L1的术语来代表母语, 使用L2来代表母语之外的第二语言)

03. second nature, a
定义: 第二天性; 自然倾向; 做久了便成自然的行为或特性.
例句: Don't worry, driving in this heavy traffic is second nature for me. (别担心, 在这个拥挤繁忙的交通情况下开车是我的第二天性)

04. second of all vs. second
定义: [易混淆字或片语]许多人使用first of all来强调第一项事情的重要性, 当你谈及第二件事而说second of all就失去强调第一项事情的重要性,所以后面只要说second, third, fourth就可.

05. second only to, be
定义: 只仅次于.
例句: Shelley is a great candidate for the job. Her experience is second only to her knowledge of the industry. (雪莉是这份工作的优秀人选. 她的工作经验只仅次于她对这个行业的了解)

06. seek a second opinion, to
定义: 寻求另一位个医生的评估. (注: 意指从寻求另一位医生的评估来确定主治医师所提出的治疗计划是否可行或者采用另一套更好的治疗计划)
例句: One way to make sure you're learning about all your options is to seek a second opinion from another doctor. (确保你能够得知你所有选择的一个办法就是寻求另一位医生的评估)

07. second the motion, to
定义: 附议. (注: 意指赞成某人的动议)
例句: The motion was seconded and approved unanimously. (这项动议被全体与会者一致赞成和批准)

08. the second to last
定义: 最后第二.
例句: I want to have a reminder on the second to last day of each month. I can do it the last day but I still want to be reminded the day before that. (我想要在每个月的最后第二天被人提醒. 我虽然可以在最后一天做它但我还是想要在前一天被人提醒一下)

09. second to none, be
定义: 第一, 最好的.
例句: The food in that restaurant is second to none. You really get the best meals there. (这家餐馆的菜肴做得最好吃. 你在那儿确实可以吃到最美味的餐食)

10. second wind, a
定义: 恢复精力及耐力.
例句: After we got our second wind we continued on our hike up the mountain. (稍作一阵休息恢复精力之后我们便继续我们的徒步爬山活动)

11. second-story man, a
定义: 梁上君子, 小偷, 盗贼.
例句: Tom was a second-story man, someone who broke into houses and businesses. (汤姆是个梁上君子, 也就是那种闯入民房或公司行号偷盗行窃的人)

12. secret is out, the
定义: 秘密已泄露出去.
例句: The secret is out and it's no longer a secret. (秘密已经泄露出去, 它不再是个秘密)

13. secrets are secrets.
定义: 秘密就是秘密, 不能说就是不能说.
例句: Secrets are secrets for a reason, we need to maintain them as secrets. (秘密之所是秘密是有其原因的, 我们须要保守这些秘密)

14. security blanket, a
定义: 安全毯子, 消除焦虑或给予安全感的物件. (注: 许多小孩子喜欢抱着一片毯子才有安全感)
例句: He uses his computer as his security blanket so that he doesn't have to go out and meet new friends. (他把他的电脑当成给予安全感的物件因此他不需要出门去结交一些新朋友)
图片
许多小孩子喜欢抱着一片毯子才有安全感

15. see a man about a dog/horse, to
定义: 离席借口. (注: 意指离席或离开不方便明言原因尤其去上厕所或去喝酒)
例句: Excuse me. I have to see a man about a dog. (抱歉. 我必须要离开一下)

16. see about, to
定义: 处理, 安排某事; 征询, 商议; 调查.
例句: I'm not sure, but I'll see about the cost of renting a van. (我不是很确定需要多少钱, 但我会调查一下租用一部厢型货车要花多少钱)

17. see action, to
定义: 参与战斗, 历经战役.
例句: An Olympic athlete and expert swordsman, Patton first saw action in the 1916 Pancho Villa Expedition in Mexico. (身为一名奥林匹克运动员和剑击专家, 巴顿于1916年第一次参与在墨西哥远征庞丘•比亚的战役)
图片
庞丘•比亚乃是一名1910-1917年墨西哥革命时之北方农民义军领袖

18. see after, to
定义: 照顾尤其是接替别人的工作.
例句: I'll see after the kids the best I can. (我会尽全力看顾这些小朋友)

19. see around/round, to
定义: 到处走走看看; 看得到前面或别人的周边; 看穿别人的诡计; 注意到在附近或周边的某人或某物; 跟人道别.
例句: "Have you seen my keys?" "I think I saw them somewhere around the TV." ("你有没有看到我那串钥匙?" "我觉得我好像在电视机附近看到了它们.")

20. see double, to
定义: 眼见双重影像, 醉眼昏花.
例句: I got so hammered on vodka that by the time I stood up I was seeing double. (我灌了许多伏特加烈酒, 等我站起来的时候我已经醉眼昏花)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 8 访客