royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 955

帖子 royl » 周六 4月 10, 2021 5:54 pm

二十笔实用成语 955

01. see eye to eye, to
定义: 完全同意; 意见或看法一致.
例句: We don't always see eye to eye on everything but generally we get along. (我们并不是对每件事情的看法都一致但一般来说我们相处很融洽)

02. see fit, to
定义: 认为是适当的, 好的或是正确的.
例句: I trust you to use the money as you see fit. (我相信你会依据你的判断适当地使用这笔钱)

03. see for yourself, to
定义: 你自己去看. (注: 意指你自己亲自去看看我所讲的... )
例句: I couldn't believe that his car could actually park automatically, so I had to go over and see for myself. (我不能确信他车子真的能够自动停车, 因此我必须去那儿亲眼见证一下)

04. now see here
定义: 你给我听着. (注: 当你愤怒之时要求某人注意你要说的话或抗议)
例句: Now see here, you're going to get it back for me! (你给我听着, 你一定要把那个东西给我拿回来!)

05. see how the land lies, to
定义: 审时度势, 先看清局势再作决定或采取行动.
例句: Given the turbulent nature of this market, I think it would be prudent for us to see how the land lies before we agree to invest in your company. (考虑到这个市场的混乱不稳定的特性, 我认为在同意对你们公司投资之前我们要先谨慎地看清局势再作决定)

06. see if I care
定义: 你以为我在乎啊, 我根本不在乎, 去你的. (注: 意指愤怒的表达不关心)
例句: Fine, spend all your savings on some stupid muscle car, see if I care! (好啊, 你要拿你所有的积蓄去买一部烂跑车的话那你去买啊, 我根本不在乎! 注: 这里的stupid并不是骂车子愚蠢, 它只是反映出说话者的愤怒和无奈心情)

07. see if you can ..., to
定义: 看看你能不能...
例句: I couldn't crack all 13 riddles, see if you can solve them all. (我没法破解所有的十三道迷题, 看你能不能把它们全部解决)

08. see into, to
定义: 调查, 查出真相; 替某人带路去某处; 看穿(某人)心事或计谋.
例句: We've seen into what could be causing the server malfunction. We will keep you posted when we have more information. (我们已经在调查造成这台服务器故障的原因. 如果我们有更新的消息, 我们会通知你的)

09. see it coming, to
定义: 预测或感觉到某事要发生.
例句: I should have seen it coming. Now I know they were planning to dismiss me long before it happened. (我早就该预感这事的发生. 我现在知道他们在把我辞退之前早就有意要把我除去)

10. see it firsthand, to
定义: 亲见, 亲身经历.
例句: I couldn't take your word for it, I had to see it firsthand. (我不能信你一面之辞, 我必须要亲眼看见才行)

11. see life, to
定义: 增长人生经验, 增长见识. (注: 意指去世界各地旅游及接触各种人)
例句: You have writer's block because you're cooped up in this tiny workspace. You need to get out into the world to see life and be inspired. (你碰到了写作瓶颈因为你一直蜗居在这个狭隘的工作空间里.你需要走出斗室, 去世界各地旅游来增长见识, 这样才能产生新创造力. 注: 这里的writer's block就是作家失去灵感, 写不出新作品了)

12. see more/less of, to
定义: 花更多/更少时间. (注: 意指花更多/更少时间在某地逗留或与某人相处)
例句: Would you mind showing me around? I haven't seen much of Paris so far. (你介不介意带我四处走一走? 到目前为止我还没好好逛遍巴黎)

13. see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, to
定义: 眼不见为净, 避免介入纷争或事务, 不想得罪别人.
例句: He builds a brick wall around himself and he sees no evil, hears no evil speaks no evil. (他在他四周建立了一道屏障, 如此他便可以避免介入别人的纷争和事务. 注: 这里的builds a brick wall around himself实际的意义是利用一道屏障把自己和别人隔离开来)

14. see off, to
定义: 送人或送客到某一离开的地点; 击败对手; 防卫, 抵抗, 逐出.
例句: John offered to see me off to the train station, but I was so sad to leave that I preferred to go alone. (约翰提议要送我到火车站, 但我是很伤感地离开所以我还是选择一个人离开)

15. see one's way (clear) to doing something, to
定义: 愿意去做; 认为可行; 尽管去做某事.
例句: Could you see your way to talking to Bill for me? I'm just too nervous to do it myself. (你愿意帮我跟比尔谈一谈吗? 我自己去跟他讲实在太紧张)

16. see out, to
定义: 送客到门口; 将工作做到完工.
例句: I went to the front door to see out our guests to their cars. (我走到前门口送别我们的客人直到他们上车为止)

17. see over, to
定义: [英国]巡视, 巡查.
例句: "Do you want to see the house over again?" "No, we don't want the house; it is too much money and there is no yard." ("你想不想再看一遍这栋房子?" "不用了, 我们不想买这栋房子; 它实在价钱太贵而且也没院子.")

18. see reason/sense, to
定义: 明白道理, 从善如流, 接受建议.
例句: I finally managed to make him see reason, and he agreed not to sell the family farm just yet. (我终于设法令他明白道理, 他也同意此时不出售这座家庭自耕农场)
图片
在美国, 家庭自耕农场仍占多数

19. see red, to
定义: 大怒, 愤怒.
例句: He's generally not a confrontational person, but you'd better get out of his way when he sees red! (他一般是不跟人发生冲突, 可是他一旦发大火的时候, 你最好躲得远远的!)

20. see service, to
定义: 入伍, 服兵役; 被启用, 被使用.
例句: These new school buses won't see service until next spring. (这批新买来的校车到明年春天才会被启用)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 12 访客