请网友踊跃提出英语文问题, 或自己学习心得
回复
royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十道填充题考试, 明天宣布答案 7

帖子 royl » 周六 6月 26, 2010 11:37 am

二十道填充题考试, 明天宣布答案 7

Fill-in-the-blanks Instructions: Select the word listed on the bottom which best fills in each blank.
请选择考卷底部所列出的最适当单字填写在每一个空格内(二十道题目, 二十个选择, 每一选择只许使用一次)

01. There is no need to play with IE if you don't feel like ________.
02. Are these quotes still relevant, do they describe human nature today as they ________ in 1215?
03. Don't call him and if he ________ call, remain cordial.
04. Don't ask a lot of questions and keep the lines of friendship ________.
05. Last week I was talking to a client of mine that had recently started dating someone ________.
06. The butterflies in her ________ told her that she was definitely falling for him.
07. Slow down or this is going to go too ________, she thought.
08. If that is what you want then do it. But think long and ________ about this because it sounds like your bored and boredom is a state of mind.
09. When he said, “I'm not a normal guy. I don't date” I was completely thrown ________.
10. But, ________ again I could be wrong.
11. You might as ________ face it: you're addicted to success.
12. What he says and what you understand him to actually be saying ________ be very different.
13. After a few minutes of serious kissing, a red warning flag went off ________ her head.
14. So, when in ________, ask. All it takes is a simple, “what do you mean?” Let him clarify for you instead of trying to guess.
15. She was working with these gorgeous guys, and she managed to soldier ________ despite being a bit intimidated by them.
16. I love those who yearn ________ the impossible.
17. If you could get a ________ of where I am going, what I will be doing and how happy I will be, you would never want me to come back.
18. This society glorifies people who live on the ________ and views them with a certain amount of admiration and fascination.
19. You are not going to cop out by ________ the issue.
20. The question to be asked rather than why didn't anyone see it ________; is why did folks not listen to the people who had something to say on the matter?

(can, coming, did, does, doubt, ducking, edge, far, for, glimpse, hard, in, new, off, on, open, stomach, then, to, well)

royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: 二十道填充题考试, 明天宣布答案 7

帖子 royl » 周日 6月 27, 2010 9:31 am

二十道填充题答案与解说

请网友注意, 你只能选择考卷底部所列出的最适当单字填写在每一空格(而且每个单字只能使用一次). 我花时间专门寻找出美国人经常使用的成语, 短语, 句型来考验网友希望您经过考试来加强记忆. 我所选出的句子再实用不过了(I mean it), 希望网友不可错过这些学习机会, 也就是说每天抽一点时间来逛逛.

01. There is no need to play with IE if you don't feel like to. (=There is no need to play with IE if you don't feel like to play with IE)
解说: 你不需要应付(play with=deal with)Internet Explorer假如你不想要的话.
作者按: 这一题我主要是强调to后面可以省略已经使用过的话语, 在文法上这是允许的; feel like to之后到底省略了那些话呢? 如果你看到上面括号内的重新叙述的内容, 你可以发现被省略的是play with IE, 因为前文已经提及, 所以可以省略.

02. Are these quotes still relevant, do they describe human nature today as they did in 1215?
解说: 这些引述的话仍然实用吗? 它们形容今天的人性仍然跟1215年的人性一样吗?

03. Don't call him and if he does call, remain cordial.
解说: 别打电话给他, 假如他打电话给你, 你要保持融洽关系. (意指不要把发生冲突)

04. Don't ask a lot of questions and keep the lines of friendship open.
解说: 别问一大堆问题, 保持友谊线路开放. (意指不要把友谊切断)

05. Last week I was talking to a client of mine that had recently started dating someone new.
解说: 上星期我跟自己的一位客户聊天, 这位客户最近开始交往一个新的异性朋友.
作者按: 在这里, started dating someone new的new是用来修饰someone的形容词, 意思是新的友人, 不是以前的也不是旧的(being other than the former or old)友人.

06. The butterflies in her stomach told her that she was definitely falling for him.
解说: 她的紧张不安(butterflies in one's stomach)告诉她, 她肯定爱上他(falling for him).
作者按: 在这里, butterflies in one's stomach也可以解释为像小鹿般的不安紧张, 有如许多爱情小说的描述.

07. Slow down or this is going to go too far, she thought.
解说: 慢下来, 否则这将会做的太过火(to go too far), 她心想.

08. If that is what you want then do it. But think long and hard about this because it sounds like you're bored and boredom is a state of mind.
解说: 假如那是你所想要做的话, 你就做吧. 但是你要冷静地仔细想一想(think long and hard)这件事, 因为这听起来你感到厌烦, 而厌烦是一个心境.

09. When he said, “I'm not a normal guy. I don't date” I was completely thrown off.
解说: 当他说, “我是一个正常男人. 我不跟女朋友约会” 我感到完全地被误导(was completely thrown off).

10. But, then again I could be wrong.
解说: 但是, 话又说回来(then again)我可能是错的. 这句话是再平常不过的句型, 你要背熟!

11. You might as well face it: you're addicted to success.
解说: 你倒不如(might as well)面对它, 你沉溺在成功里(addicted to success).

12. What he says and what you understand him to actually be saying can be very different.
解说: 他所说的跟你所理解他实际说的可能非常不一样.

13. After a few minutes of serious kissing, a red warning flag went off in her head.
解说: 几分钟热情的亲吻之后, 一个警示旗子在她脑中闪起.

14. So, when in doubt, ask. All it takes is a simple, “what do you mean?” Let him clarify for you instead of trying to guess.
解说: 所以, 当面临困惑时(when in doubt), 要询问. 你所需要的是一个简单的”你这是何意?” 让他澄清而不是你试图去揣测.

15. She was working with these gorgeous guys, and she managed to soldier on despite being a bit intimidated by them.
解说: 她与这些帅哥一起工作, 而她力图坚决干下去(to soldier on)虽然她感觉上有一点比不上他们(a bit intimidated by them).

16. I love those who yearn for the impossible.
解说: 我喜爱那些渴望得到(yearn for)好像做不到或得不到的人们.
作者按: 在这里, the impossible, 可以解释为感觉上好像做不到或得不到的人, 事或物, 也就是felt to be incapable of being done, attained, or fulfilled. 当然, 事实上证明你以为做不到的事也许你最后仍可做到. 所以这句话的意义是人要把目标放高, 别怕自己此时做不到.

17. If you could get a glimpse of where I am going, what I will be doing and how happy I will be, you would never want me to come back.
解说: 假如你可以看一眼(get a glimpse of)我往那里走, 我将要做什么, 我将会多么高兴, 你就不会要我回来.

18. This society glorifies people who live on the edge and views them with a certain amount of admiration and fascination.
解说: 这个社会把过着惊险刺激生活的人(who live on the edge)加以美化, 以羡慕与著迷的眼光看待他们.

19. You are not going to cop out by ducking the issue.
解说: 你不可以再以回避问题来逃避现实.

20. The question to be asked rather than why didn't anyone see it coming; is why did folks not listen to the people who had something to say on the matter?
解说: 所要问的问题与其是为什么没人事先有预感(see it coming), 而应该是为什么大家当初不聆听对此事有话要说的人.

(本论坛文章欢迎网友转载, 请标明文章来源)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 311 访客