royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 956

帖子 royl » 周二 4月 13, 2021 1:43 am

二十笔实用成语 956

01. see someone around, to
定义: 经常在某些地方看到某人; 跟某人道别.
例句: I don't know his name, but I see him around campus quite a bit. (我不知道他叫什么名字, 但我经常在校园里看见他)

02. see someone as a threat, to
定义: 将某人视为威胁; 认为某人会带来麻烦, 危险或灾难.
例句: My friend thinks it may be because I'm single and she sees me as a threat to her husband or that I might get him in trouble with other women. (我朋友认为我可能因为是单身, 她把我视为替他丈夫带来危险的人或者认为我会鼓动她丈夫跟别的女人厮混惹来麻烦)

03. see someone for what they really are, to
定义: 看清某人的真面目尤其是丑恶的一面.
例句: It was only after overhearing a conversation, Hailey saw Doug for what he really is: a two-faced backstabber. (自从她无意中听见了一段对话, 黑莉看清了道格的真面目: 一个两面三刀的小人)

04. see someone in the flesh, to
定义: 见到某人(名人)的本人. (注: 不是在电视上看到的)
例句: We've been corresponding for years, so it was wonderful finally seeing him in the flesh at the conference. (我们已经通信了多年了, 因此令人惊喜的是, 我终于在会议上见到了他本人)

05. see someone right, to
定义: 付给某人钱尤其是应得的工资; 帮助或照顾某人.
例句: I promise to see your family right should anything ever happen to you. (一旦有任何不幸的事情发生在你身上, 我保证会照顾你的家人)

06. see someone through something, to
定义: 给予某人困难时施予援手以助其成功; 看穿某人的计谋.
例句: I'm trying to save enough money to see me through college. (我正努力地节省足够的钱来供我读完大学)

07. see someone to the door, to
定义: 送客, 礼貌性地送某人到门口.
例句: Politely I saw her to the door and opened it for her. (我礼貌地送她到门口并替她开门)

08. see something for what they really are, to
定义: 看清了某事或物的真相尤其是丑恶的一面.
例句: Their customers start to see the company for what it really is and not what it pretends to be. (他们的客户开始看清了这家公司的真面而不是它所伪装的形象)

09. see something in someone/something, to
定义: 在某人, 事或物中看到了其优美, 优良, 优秀, 可爱之处.
例句: I thought I saw a glimmer of sympathy in Jerry's eyes. (我感觉我看到了杰瑞眼中露出的一丝同情神色)

10. see something up close, to
定义: 近距离地看到某事发生.
例句: I've read articles about adults who take children's games too seriously and now I've seen it up close and personal. It's not pretty, in fact, it almost turned ugly. (我曾读过有关大人们对小朋友的竞赛太过于认真的文章, 而现在我却近距离和亲身地见证了这种事情. 当时的情况不妙, 事实上, 差一点爆发肢体冲突)

11. see with half an eye, to
定义: 一目了然; 清楚易懂; 容易看出来.
例句: Anyone with even a cursory knowledge of the reason can see with half an eye that such a conflict was inevitable. (任何对推理即便有一点粗浅了解的人都能看出来这样的冲突是不可避免的)

12. see stars, to
定义: 晕眩, 眼冒金星.
例句: I saw stars when I bumped into a steel column. (我撞上了一根钢柱令我晕眩得眼冒金星)
图片
钢柱

13. see the color of someone's money, to
定义: 先确定某人有钱可付(才愿去工作).
例句: I want to see the color of your money before we go any further with this business deal. (在进一步执行这一商业交易之前, 我想要先确定你有足够的资金)

14. see the day
定义: 看到这一天; 盼到这一天.
例句: Did you ever think you'd see the day when he would apologize? (你有没有想过你会看到他也有向人道歉的一天?)

15. see daylight, to
定义: 明白, 了解, 真相大白; 困境接近尾声, 接近完工.
例句: As a tutor, you want to help your students see daylight for themselves, not just get them to parrot back information. (作为一名助教, 你应当帮助你的学生自己去明白功课而不是老师说一句他们便重复一句. 注: 这里的want to是"应当"或者"必须"之意; 等于Should或need to)

16. see the elephant, to
定义: 社会上翻滚过, 见过世面; 大开眼界; 学到惨痛教训; 参与战斗, 经历战争.
例句: I've seen the elephant in my day, kid, so don't talk to me about making sacrifices or having a hard life. (我可是在社会翻滚过的, 小子, 所以别跟我说什么牺牲奉献或吃苦受罪这种话. 注: 意指你所说的事情我都亲身经历过了)

17. see the error of your ways, to
定义: 明白你自己的错误, 改过自新.
例句: It took him a long time, he says, to see the error of his ways. (他说, 他花了很长的时间才明白自己所犯的错误)

18. see the glass as half empty, to
定义: 看法悲观; 倾向于认为情况会恶化或希望不大; 只见杯子是半空而不是半满.
例句: Some look at the state of affairs and pessimistically see the glass as half empty – things are bad and they are getting worse. (有些人看待这个势态是悲观地认为情势好转的希望不大– 也就是说, 现在情况很糟而且会继续恶化)

19. see the glass as half full, to
定义: 看法乐观; 倾向于认为情况会好转或具有希望; 只见杯子是半满而不是半空.
例句: Scientists who have studied optimism have found that those who see the glass as half full tend to be happier, healthier, and even wealthier. (研究乐观心态的科学家们发现那些看法乐观的人比较心情更快乐, 身体更健康, 甚至于更富裕)

20. see the light of day, to
定义: 真相大白, 公诸于世, 公布出来; 发行; 实现; 出生.
例句: That document is so sensitive that I guarantee it will never see the light of day. (那份文件很需要善加保密, 我保证它绝对不会被公诸于世)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 17 访客