royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 957

帖子 royl » 周五 4月 16, 2021 2:00 am

二十笔实用成语 957

01. see the light, to
定义: 终于明白或接受某件事; 受到启发; 了解真意, 顿悟.
例句: I used to wonder why people disliked Lydia, but I finally saw the light after I overheard her making fun of me. (我以前还在想为什么大家都不喜欢莉迪亚, 但无意中我听到她在背后嘲笑我, 我便终于明白为什么了)

02. see the point, to
定义: 了解明白其意义, 道理, 或重要性.
例句: I don't see the point of doing the interview unless you're going to share the things you learn in life and the mistakes you make. (除非你准备把你在人生中所学到的经验和所犯的错误跟大家分享, 否则我不觉得做这个面对面访谈有什么意义)
图片
电视面对面访谈

03. see (the) red mist, to
定义: 怒不可遏, 暴怒.
例句: It sounds like someone who's seen red mist and vented on someone he shouldn't have. (这听起来好像某人突发大怒却发泄在他不应发泄的人身上)

04. see the sights, to
定义: 到名胜古迹观光.
例句: I think we'll just spend the day seeing the sights, and then we can meet up with you after you finish work. (我觉得我们白天就去名胜古迹观光一番同时打发时间, 然后等你做完工作之后再跟你碰面)

05. see things in a different light, to
定义: 对事情有不同的看法, 或有新的见解.
例句: And each time we go through these stories, we see things in a different light with new context and appreciation. (每次我们研读这些说法, 我们便随着新发现的背景和新的体会取得了不同的见解)

06. see through rose-colored or rose-tinted glasses, to
定义: 过份乐观地, 一厢情愿地看事情.
例句: I think Mary is only capable of seeing things through rose-colored glasses, like she's in complete denial of the negative things in life! (我认为玛莉只会一厢情愿地看事情, 就像她完全地拒绝面对生活中所遭遇的不顺利情况!)

07. see through someone/something, to
定义: 看穿某人或某事隐藏的本质; 看穿其意图.
例句: He always acts so generous and magnanimous, but I can see right through him – he only cares about himself! (他总是装出很慷慨大度, 但我能够看出他的本性 – 他其实只关心他自己!)

08. see through, to
定义: 认清...真正的面目或本质, 看穿某人, 看破手脚; 把某工作做到完成; 给予某人困难时施予援手以助其成功.
例句: It's going to be a tough job, but I hope you'll see it through. (这将是一件艰辛的工作, 但我还是希望你能够把它完成)

09. see to it, to
定义: 确保某事被妥善执行.
例句: Will you please see to it that the garbage is taken out in the morning? (能不能请你明天早上无论如何务必把垃圾给拉出去?)

10. see to, to
定义: 陪伴某人; 送别某人; 确保某事被妥善完成; 负责, 照顾, 处理, 办理.
例句: Will someone please see to answering the door? (有人能负责应门吗?)

11. see what I mean?
定义: 知道我的意思吗?
例句: See what I mean? Every time she calls me up she wants me to do something for her. (知道我的意思吗? 每次她打电话给我她总是要我为她办件事)

12. see what it's like, to
定义: 让人去体会...是什么样的感觉.
例句: He needs to see what it's like to be a poor parent who has to figure out how to produce dinner on $3 a day. (他应该去体会一下身为一个必须设法弄出一天只有三块钱晚餐的穷困父亲是什么样的感觉)

13. see which way the cat jumps, to
定义: 先了解情况再作决定或采取行动.
例句: I'm not going to take any action for a while – just sit tight and see which way the cat jumps. (我一时之间是不会采取任何行动– 只是暂时冷静下来, 先弄清情况再看下一步该如何做. 注: 这里的sit tight是暂时耐心等待, 不做任何行动)

14. see which way the wind is blowing, to
定义: 先了解情况再作决定或采取行动.
例句: We studied the whole situation to see which way the wind was blowing and decided to avoid any conflict at that time. (为了弄清情况我们研究了整个局势并且决定在当时避免任何冲突)

15. see you around
定义: 再见!
例句: "See you around, Jim." "Sure, Tom. See you." ("再见了, 吉姆." "好的, 汤姆. 再见.")

16. see you in the funny pages
定义: (诙谐地)向人道别.
例句: I'd better be going now. I'll see you in the funny pages! (我该走了. 拜拜!)

17. see you (later)
定义: 再见. (注: see you是see you later之简化说法)
例句: OK, I've got to go – see you later! (好了, 我必须要走了 – 再见!)

18. see you soon
定义: 再见; 回头见.
例句: "Thanks for all your help, Dave." "No problem, Mark. I'll see you soon." ("谢谢你的帮助, 戴夫." "别客气, 马克. 回头见.")

19. see you tomorrow
定义: 明天见.
例句: Have a good night, Mike. See you tomorrow. (晚安, 麦克. 明天见)

20. see/travel the world, to
定义: 游览世界.
例句: Living in such a small town made her yearn to set off on her own and see the world. (住在这一个小镇使她渴望独自启程去周游世界)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 11 访客