royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 960

帖子 royl » 周日 4月 25, 2021 10:36 pm

二十笔实用成语 960

01. sell the farm, to
定义: 过份反应, 孤注一掷. (注: 意指将全部财产卖出去投资风险高生意)
例句: He's broke now because he sold the farm on a foolish business venture. (由于他孤注一掷投资了一个愚蠢的风险性创业, 他现在破产了)

02. sell up, to
定义: [英国]将财物, 生意, 生财器具, 等等销售一空. (注: 意指将东西卖光, 然后就搬走离开)
例句: A lot of local shop owners have been forced to sell up their businesses as rent in the area has continued to skyrocket. (由于这个地区的租金不停地高涨, 许多本地店主被迫卖掉他们的生意, 搬走不做了)

03. seller's market, a
定义: 卖家市场. (注: 意指卖家可以高价卖出货物或房地产的市场)
例句: Since I'm buying in a seller's market, I'm nervous that I won't be able to find a house in my price range. (由于我在卖家市场购买房屋, 我担心我没法找到一栋属于我价格范围内的房子)

04. selling point, a
定义: 卖点, 产品的优点或优势.
例句: This property's location, period features and good sized back garden will be strong selling points. (这套房产的地点, 历史传统特色和宽广的后花园将是强力的卖点)

05. send ... to kingdom come, to
定义: 送...上西天, 枪杀某人或炸毁某物.
例句: If we send these rocks to kingdom come, we should be able to rescue the trapped hikers from the cave. (如果我们炸毁这些岩石的话, 我们应该可以救出那些被困在山洞的登山客)

06. send a clear signal, to
定义: 发出清晰的讯号; 把话说清楚.
例句: It's time to send a clear signal that hateful language and dangerous conspiracy theories had no place in American politics. (现在正该是发出清晰讯号的时候, 让人们了解仇恨的语言和危险的阴谋论不适于介入美国政治)

07. send away for, to
定义: 索取; 邮购.
例句: Back before the Internet, we used to have to send away for our hobby supplies from specialty catalogs. (在互联网出现之前, 我们过去必须要从特殊材料目录上邮购我们的业余爱好的必需品)
图片
剪纸艺术也是有些国人的业余爱好

08. send away with a flea in ear, to
定义: 怒斥某人令其走开或别再来烦扰.
例句: My mother sent me away with a flea in my ear when I asked her if I could quit piano lessons. (我妈妈怒斥我不该问她可不可以停上钢琴课, 叫我走开别烦扰她. 注:许多美国华人小朋友都不愿牺牲周末去上钢琴课但父母仍坚持要上, 所以这个现象很普遍)

09. send away, to
定义: 将某人辞退工作; 赶走; 差遣.
例句: I'm sending the kids away to stay with my sister in New York City for the summer. (我把孩子们送到我住在纽约市的妹妹那儿去度夏天)

10. send chills/shiver down/up someone's spine, to
定义: 令人毛骨悚然, 兴奋或情绪激动.
例句: The shrieking sound these animals make sends chills down your spine. (这些动物所发出的尖锐凄厉的叫声令人听得毛骨悚然)

11. send down, to
定义: [主要在英国]被大学停学或开除; 派遣, 要某人去某处.
例句: Hi Sarah, could you please send Tom down to my office for his annual review? (嗨莎拉, 能不能请你叫汤姆来我办公室做他的年度审核?)

12. send flying, to
定义: 摔飞出去; 撒出一地; 扔掷或踢飞出去; 打散一地.
例句: The car slammed into the mailbox and sent it flying across the street. (这部车猛烈地撞上了信箱, 把它撞飞到对街)
图片
大多竖立在前院的家庭用信箱

13. send for, to
定义: 召唤某人; 派人去将某人或某物带回来; 订购货品.
例句: I've sent your father for a doctor. Hopefully they'll be back soon. (我已经派你父亲去请医生了. 希望他们很快就回来)

14. send forth, to
定义: 送交, 发出, 散发出, 长出.
例句: She sent forth a delicate fresh fragrance that made it apparent she just got out of the shower. (她身体发出一股轻柔的清新香气, 很显然她刚洗好澡)

15. send in one's papers, to
定义: 提出辞呈.
例句: I just sent in my papers, so I'll be officially leaving in two weeks' time. (我刚刚才送出我的辞呈, 所以我两星期后便正式离职)

16. send in, to
定义: 召来, 叫唤, 要人送来; 派遣; 送交文件或款项; 拜访某人时在门口将名字或名片给管家; 召唤某球员来比赛.
例句: Please tell the receptionist to send in the next applicant. (请你告诉前台的接待员送进下一名求职者)

17. send off, to
定义: 派遣, 送别, 送行; 邮寄出; [运动术语]将恶劣犯规的球员逐出比赛.
例句: Instead of schooling him, his father sent him off to apprentice to his older brother at a printing shop. (与其送他去学校读书, 他父亲送他到他哥哥工作的印刷厂去作学徒)

18. send on, to
定义: 派遣; 替某人的旅游付钱; 派某人下场替换运动员; 转交, 转送(邮件).
例句: I sent him on a few errands so we could set up for his surprise party. (我派了他去跑几个地方办事, 所以我们可以准备这场为他举办的惊喜派对)

19. send one's love, to
定义: 请人代表你向某人致亲切问候.
例句: I'm sorry she couldn't be here, but please send my love to Grandma. (抱歉她不能亲自来这里, 但是请你代表我向祖母致亲切的问候)

20. send out for, to
定义: 派人去请某人; 派人去拿取或购买某物.
例句: I don't feel like cooking tonight. Let's send the kids out for a pizza instead. (我今晚不想烧饭. 我们就派小朋友去买比萨饼来作晚餐)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 14 访客