回复
royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 962

帖子 royl » 周六 5月 01, 2021 2:27 am

二十笔实用成语 962

01. sensual vs. sensuous
定义: [易混淆字或片语]sensual(形容词)官能的, 肉感的, 性感的, 肉欲的; sensuous(形容词)感觉上满足的, 给人美感的.

02. sent someone into fits of laughter, to
定义: 令...大笑不止.
例句: Dad's funny antics send toddler into fits of laughter. (这名父亲的一些滑稽动作令他学步的幼儿大笑不止)

03. sentenced to death, be
定义: 被判死刑.
例句: She was found guilty of the crime in 2007. The next day, she was sentenced to death. (对于2007年她所犯下的刑案, 她被宣判有罪. 次日, 她被判死刑)

04. sentenced to the chair, be
定义: 被判电椅死刑.
例句: This dirtbag should have been sentenced to the chair, let's bring back Old Sparky! (这个人渣应该被判电椅死刑, 让我们恢复电椅殛刑吧! 注: 其实在2021年美国仍有九个州给予极刑犯选择他们被处死的方式: 打针或坐电椅)

05. separate the fact from the fiction, to
定义: 将事情真假厘清, 辨别其真伪.
例句: It is increasingly difficult for us to separate the fact from the fiction when it comes to news on social media. (谈论到社交媒体所发​​表的新闻上, 我们越来越困难辨别其真伪)

06. separate the men from the boys, to
定义: 可以显示出或证明谁是老手谁是新手.
例句: This is a business that separates the men from the boys. Don't get involved unless you have what it takes. (这是一个可以证明谁是老手还是新手的行业, 除非你本领过硬否则别进这一行了)

07. separate the sheep from the goats, to
定义: 去芜存菁, 将良莠分开.
例句: When you choose the students for your homeroom, don't separate the sheep from the goats and give me all the troublemakers! (当你替在你班上挑选学生的时候, 别只挑好的然后把调皮捣蛋的都留给我! 注: homeroom是指你的导师教室或每天早上你报到的教室, 但三四年级以上学生则可能要去不同教室上不同的课程)

08. separate the wheat from the chaff, to
定义: 去芜存菁, 将良莠分开.
例句: When it comes to books, time will separate the wheat from the chaff. Good books will have lasting appeal, and the rest will be forgotten. (当谈论及书籍上, 时间将会去芜存菁. 优质书籍仍将具有长久性的吸引力而其他的书籍则会被人遗忘)

09. serious matter, a
定义: 严重或严肃的事情或情况.
例句: "Can you tell us definitely, it is not a joke?" "No, I am not joking, this is a serious matter." ("你能不能明确地告诉我们, 这不是个玩笑?" "当然不是玩笑, 我是说真的, 这是件严肃的事情.")

10. serve a purpose, to
定义: 起得作用, 符合需求, 满足要求, 达到目的.
例句: I hope that my lessons served a purpose in my students' lives. (我希望我说的这番话能够对我学生的人生起得作用)

11. serve as a reminder to, to
定义: 作为提醒或警惕.
例句: Let this incident serve as a reminder to future generations. (让这个事件作为后代子孙的警惕)

12. serve food, to
定义: 供应食物; 端上食物, 上菜.
例句: They are not serving food yet. Only the bar is open. (这时候他们还没开始供应食物. 只有酒吧在营业)

13. serve notice, to
定义: 正式发文通知或宣布; 令人明白.
例句: I didn't think I'd hurt myself too badly, but the struggle to get out of bed the next morning served notice to me just how much damage I had done to myself. (我原想我受的伤并不严重, 但第二天早上挣扎的下床我才明白我给自己造成的伤害有多大)

14. serve one well, to
定义: 适合..., 对...有益, 起到某个作用.
例句: It will serve you well to look for solutions to your own problems. (自己寻求自己问题的解决方法将对你大有益处)

15. serve one's purpose, to
定义: 起得某个作用, 符合某个需求, 满足某个要求.
例句: "Mom, I want a smartphone!" "Nonsense, the cell phone you already have serves your purpose just fine." ("妈妈, 我想要一部智能手机!" "别胡说了, 你现有的手机完全符合你的需求." 注: 新一代的手机基本上都是智能手机. 而智能手机等于一台超小型电脑, 其功能远超过一台只负责通讯的机器)
图片
由于激烈的科技竞争, 智能手机成为生活中不可缺少的多功能工具

16. serve one's time in the military, to
定义: 在部队服役.
例句: One thing I learned, when I served my time in the army, was how to report events on the battlefield. (当我在陆军服役的时候我学到了一件事, 那便是如何报告战场所发生的战况)

17. serve out, to
定义: 分发食物; 派遣, 派发, 分配; 做完任期, 服完刑期, 服完兵役; 尽了责任, 完成义务.
例句: I volunteer in a soup kitchen on the weekends, serving out food to those who have fallen on hard times. (我自愿在周末到慈善食物中心作义工, 派发食品给那些境况落魄的贫民)
图片
正在准备分发食品的慈善中心义工

18. serve someone right, to
定义: (某人)活该, 罪有应得.
例句: It serves Tom right that Dave threw him out of his party last night. He was acting like such a jerk! (昨晚汤姆被戴夫赶出派对是罪有应得的. 他丑态百出, 丢人现眼!)

19. serve (one's) time, to
定义: 在监狱服刑.
例句: After serving his time, the assailant will be deported back to his home country. (服完了刑期, 这名袭击犯将被遣返回他的原籍国)

20. serve two masters, to
定义: 事二君; 同时忠于两个有冲突性的人事物或团体.
例句: Government officials are not allowed to work for private companies as nobody can serve two masters at once. (政府官员们禁止在私人企业兼职因为没有人可以同时忠于两个有冲突性的团体)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 20 访客