royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 968

帖子 royl » 周六 5月 22, 2021 12:49 am

二十笔实用成语 968

01. shady deal, a
定义: 见不得人的勾当, 腐败诈欺性的勾当.
例句: The owner of the house is making shady deals, his wife is busy shopping for clothes and art, his widowed father is a grumpy old man. (这栋房屋的主人专干一些见不得人的勾当, 他妻子忙着买衣服和艺术品, 他丧偶的父亲则是一名脾气暴躁的老人)

02. shagged out, be
定义: [俚语]疲惫不堪, 累极了; 失去兴趣, 厌倦, 不想要.
例句: I was too shagged out after a long week of work to drive all the way to El Paso to see my grandparents, so I bit the bullet and bought a plane ticket instead. (干了一个漫长星期的工作之后, 我实在太累了没办法一路开车到埃尔帕索看我的祖父母, 所以我不得不退而求其次花钱买了一张机票飞过去)

03. shaggy-dog story, a
定义: 杂乱无章, 荒谬, 冗长, 无意义的故事或笑话.
例句: The old man was known for telling shaggy dog stories that made people groan and scratch their heads when he reached the ending. (这名老人是出名的专说一些又臭又长, 让人听不懂的故事, 使得听者痛苦不堪而且故事说完之后教人觉得不知所云)

04. shake a habit, to
定义: 戒除(坏)习惯.
例句: It's difficult to shake the habits you learn as a child. (从小养成的习惯很难戒除)

05. shake a leg, to
定义: 跳舞; 仓促, 加快动作; 船员点名; 起床时甩一甩腿使自己清醒.
例句: You will have to shake a leg if you want to arrive at the movie on time. (如果你们想要准时到达电影院的话, 你们动作要快)

06. shake a stick at, to
定义: 数算, 计算, 想像, 构思.
例句: When it comes to family members, Jay has more than you can shake a stick at. (谈到家族成员, 杰的亲人多得数不清)

07. shake down, to
定义: 住入临时处所; 使用临时床位; 适应新环境或工作; 安顿下来; 诈欺或非法取得金钱; 全面搜索; 减少浪费; 进行调整尤其是测试新机器; 勒索某人.
例句: The gangsters shook down the small shop owners to get some money. (这群黑帮份子向小商店主勒索财物)

08. shake hands, to
定义: 握手; 确定一个承诺或交易; 握手以示打招呼, 离别, 祝贺表达友谊或善意.
例句: They argue for hours, but they always shake hands afterward. (他们争吵了几个钟头, 但他们总是事后握手言和)

09. shake off, to
定义: 摆脱, 甩脱, 甩掉.
例句: My little sister has been following me around all day. I need to shake her off. (我的小妹妹整天都跟着我. 我必须要摆脱她)

10. shake on it, to
定义: 达成协议或交易; 握手以示确定成交价钱.
例句: I'd like my lawyers to look over the details of the contract before we shake on it. (在我们达成协议之前, 我想要我的律师仔细地看一遍这份合同的细节)

11. shake one up, to
定义: 搅动心神不宁; 令人忧心忡忡; 造成烦恼痛苦.
例句: The divorce didn't shake him up, it got him down a little bit though. (这场离婚并没有给他带来心灵上的痛苦与创伤, 然而他还是有一点意志消沉)

12. shake one's booty, to
定义: 激情跳舞.
例句: He explodes on the scene uttering rapper lingo and shaking his booty on the dance floor. (他在现场爆发出热情, 高唱着饶舌音乐, 在舞池上激情地跳舞)

13. shake one's finger at, to
定义: 不同意, 警告或指责.
例句: You can't get people to change by loading them up with facts or shaking your finger at them. You must talk to them with respect and caring. (你不可以用一大堆事实来强迫人们信服或对他们训斥说教来改变他们的想法. 你必须以尊重与和颜悦色的态度跟他们交流)

14. shake one's fist at, to
定义: 对某人挥舞拳头. (注: 意指表达愤怒, 抗议或威胁)
例句: There's no point shaking your fist at the world when things aren't going your way. You just need to do everything in your power to make things better. (当情况的发展不遂你心愿的时候, 挥舞着拳头向这个世界抗议是没用的. 你只需要竭尽你的能力去改善情况便可)

15. shake one's head, to
定义: 摇头表示不同意, 反对, 迷惑, 无奈, 难以置信或看不下去.
例句: When he abruptly exited the meeting without explanation, we all just sat there shaking our heads. (当他在会议中无缘无故地突然离席, 我们都难以置信地傻傻的坐在那儿)

16. shake out, to
定义: 抖出, 抖掉; 找出问题, 测试性能.
例句: You'll need to shake out the welcome mat after that mud gets dry. (等沾在它上面的泥浆晾干之后, 你就须要把那张放在门口的擦鞋垫抖干净)

17. shake someone loose, to
定义: 摆脱掉某人的纠缠或束缚.
例句: That old man has been following me around for hours. I need to shake him loose. (那个老头看我走到哪里他就跟我到哪里, 跟了几个钟头. 我必须摆脱他的纠缠)

18. shake something to its foundations, to
定义: 憾动...的基础; 重创, 几乎摧毁; 使某人或团体怀疑其基本信念.
例句: Her faith, which had been so strong, was shaken to the foundations. (她一直很坚持的信仰, 几乎被毁于一旦)

19. shake the dust from one's feet, to
定义: 愤而离开, 拂袖而去, 再也不回来.
例句: I couldn't wait to shake the dust from my feet; I never wanted to see either of them again! (我迫不及待地愤而离开; 我再也不想见到他们任何一个人!)

20. shake the foundations of something, to
定义: 憾动...的基础; 重创, 几乎摧毁; 使某人或团体怀疑其基本信念.
例句: The political environment has devolved into tribalism that pits ethnic group against ethnic group, causing a schism that shakes the foundations of our society. (这个政治环境已经退化至部落式社会, 挑起族群与族群对立, 造成人群分裂并重创我们社会的和谐)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 11 访客