royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 970

帖子 royl » 周三 5月 26, 2021 12:38 am

二十笔实用成语 970

01. sharp tongue, a
定义: 尖嘴利舌; 尖酸刻薄, 得理不饶人的话语.
例句: The mean old lady who lived on the corner made a reputation among us kids with her sharp tongue. (那个住在街尾的恶老太婆在我们这些孩子眼中是出名的尖嘴利舌)

02. sharp wit, a
定义: 机智幽默.
例句: My brother-in-law has always had such a sharp wit. Whenever he's around, he has everyone in stitches. (我姊夫一向带着如此的机智幽默. 每当他在场, 他总是让我们笑破肚子 )

03. sharpen up, to
定义: 削尖; 变为更敏锐; 加强或改善; 技术更熟练; 穿着时髦亮丽.
例句: You'd better sharpen up if you want to keep your job. (如果你要保住你工作的话, 你必须要加强自身工作技能)

04. shatter one's dreams, to
定义: 令某人的梦想幻灭.
例句: An automobile accident shattered his dream of law enforcement and changed the course of Nick's future. (一场车祸让他成为执法人员的梦想破碎也改变了尼克的未来)

05. shave off, to
定义: 刮干净, 刮去, 减少, 省去.
例句: Giving up milk and sugar in your coffee is a quick and easy way to shave off some calories from your diet. (咖啡里不再添加牛奶和糖是一个减少你饮食一些热量的便捷方法)

06. She is due.
定义: 她要生(小孩)了.
例句: Mary is due in May and everything looks good. Her parents have known it for a while and they're very excited. (玛丽五月将要生了, 一切情况都不错. 她父母已经知道她怀孕有一段时间了, 他们都很高兴)

07. she is forty-five if she is a day
定义: 她起码四十五岁. (注: 请参考if he/she is a day)
例句: How does she keep herself looking so young? She's got to be 60 if she's a day! (她是怎么使自己看起来这么年轻? 她起码有六十岁啦!)

08. she will love you for it
定义: 她会很喜欢...; 她会为这...很感动.
例句: She will love you for it if you treat her as your equal in all things and share responsibilities. (如果你每时每刻都把她放在你自己一样的地位并且共同承担责任的话, 她会为此很感动)

09. shear off, to
定义: 剪断, 切断, 斩断, 割断, 撞断.
例句: The excess weight caused the bolt to shear off. (超负荷的重量造成这棵螺栓崩断)

10. shed a tear, to
定义: 流泪哭泣.
例句: My father hasn't shed so much as a tear for as long as I can remember, but I saw his eyes well up when we had to put our pet dog to sleep. (在我的记忆中, 我父亲从没掉过一滴眼泪, 但当我们不得不让我们宠物狗安乐死的时候, 我看见他眼中充满了泪水)

11. shed blood, to
定义: 流血冲突, 暴力伤亡.
例句: These brave soldiers shed their blood to protect our country. (这些勇敢的战士为了保卫国土抛头颅洒热血)

12. shed light on, to
定义: 澄清, 说明, 解释清楚; 提供资料或线索.
例句: The police are appealing for any information that may help shed a little light on the child's mysterious disappearance. (警方恳求民众提供任何可以协助寻找这名神秘失踪儿童的线索或资料)

13. sheer madness
定义: 彻底的疯狂, 愚不可及.
例句: It was sheer madness to attempt the drive through blizzard-like conditions. (试图驾车闯越暴风雪路况真是愚不可及)
图片
暴风雪路况

14. sheer off/away, to
定义: 偏离航道, 转向, 急转, 离开, 避开.
例句: I always try to sheer away from toxic or negative people in my life. (我总是想法避开我生活中所遇见的令人不愉快或消极不进取的人)

15. sheesh
定义: [惊叹语]表示不耐, 惊讶, 厌恶.
例句: What kind of novice do you think I am? Sheesh people. Give me a little credit at least! (你们把我当成什么样的生手? 哎, 你们这些人也真是的. 起码给我一点鼓励嘛!)

16. Sheesh, no need to get obnoxious and belligerent about it.
[成语句型]哎呀, 没必要弄成那么不痛快, 跟仇人似的.

17. sheets of rain
定义: 滂沱大雨, 倾盆大雨.
例句: Sheets of rain came pouring down, so heavy that it is hard to see through it. (倾盆大雨浇灌而下, 又大又急让人看不清前面的路况)

18. shell game, a
定义: 诈欺, 骗局, 类似金光党以旧物换新物调包的诈财手法.
例句: The appliance salesman played a shell game and switched the new refrigerator I agreed to purchase with a refurbished one. (这名家电销售员搞起了以旧物换新物的调包手法把我同意要买的新冰箱换成一台翻新的旧冰箱)

19. shell out, to
定义: 花钱; 付钱.
例句: Tom had to shell out big bucks when his car got towed from the "no parking" zone. (由于他把车子停放在"禁止停车"区内因而被拖走, 汤姆不得不付出一大笔罚金赎回他的车子)
图片
禁止停车区, 违反者车子将被拖走的警告牌

20. I'm/he's/she's your man; you're my man
定义: 你/我/他/她就是你或我要找的人. (注: man在这是指符合要求的人, 不一定是非男人不可)
例句: I'm trying to score tickets for the sold-out concert, and David told me that you're my man. (我想要买几张这场票已卖光的演唱会门票, 大卫告诉我你就是我要找的人)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 12 访客