royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 971

帖子 royl » 周五 5月 28, 2021 1:54 pm

二十笔实用成语 971

01. shift for oneself, to
定义: 自谋生路, 照顾及保护自己.
例句: It's no wonder that kids these days can't hold down meaningful jobs, when they're pampered from birth and can't shift for themselves by the time they leave school. (难怪现今的孩子没法保住一份有意义的工作尽管他们从小就被父母一路呵护到离开学校, 他们还是无法自谋生路)

02. shift one's arse, to
定义: [不尊重语]动作快一点; 快点移开, 别挡路.
例句: Would you go upstairs and tell the kids to shift their arses? (你能不能上楼去告诉那些孩子动作快一点, 好吗?)

03. shift the blame/responsibility, to
定义: 推诿或推卸责任, 把责任转嫁给别人.
例句: Stop shifting the blame to other people. Admit if you wrong and take responsibility of your actions. (别把责任推卸给别人. 如果你是错的你就认错, 该为自己的行为负责)

04. shift the focus, to
定义: 转移注意或转移焦点.
例句: By doing this, you have shifted the focus away from your lack of knowledge about chemical engineering and towards something you know more about. (这样一做, 你就把你对化学工程缺乏了解的焦点转移到你比较更了解的某事上面)

05. shifting sands
定义: 不停变动的局势.
例句: Older adults often find themselves struggling to keep up with the ever-shifting sands of technology. (年纪大的人经常会发现他们很吃力地追赶那些日新月益的科技)

06. a shill for ..., be
定义: 作为...掩护人/托儿. (注: 意指伪装成满意客人鼓励别人买东西或装成热心的人引诱别人上当)
例句: If somebody pays you to make sales pitches for Company A gasoline when you really believe Company B gas is a better value, then you're a paid shill for Company A. (如果有人花钱雇用你推销A公司的汽油但是你实际认为B公司的汽油更值得购买, 那么你就是一名拿了A公司钱的托儿)

07. shine the light of truth, to
定义: 启发, 使人看清事实或真理.
例句: In the end those who have the courage to shine the light of truth will win. (那些勇于让别人看清事实真相的人才会得到最后的胜利)

08. shine through, to
定义: 清晰显现出来, 光亮耀眼, 才华洋溢.
例句: His intentions seem honorable enough, but ask him about how much money stands to be made and his real motivation starts to shine through. (他的意图看起来好像是光明正大, 但问及他如果做成了这件事他会赚到多少钱的时候, 他的真实动机便会开始清晰地显现出来)

09. shine up to, to
定义: 逢迎, 讨好, 奉承.
例句: He tried to shine up to us when he realized that we were friends of his boss. (当他知道了我们是他老板的朋友之后他便试图讨好我们)

10. ship out, to
定义: 离开去远方; 运送或外销到远方; 辞职或被炒鱿鱼.
例句: The package shipped out on an express carrier last week, so it should have reached you by now. (这个包裹已于上个星期交由快递公司运送, 所以它现在应该已经到达了你那儿)

11. ship someone off, to
定义: 把某人送去某地方. (注: 在此的某地方经常是远处地方, 例如把部队送到海外, 把儿女送到寄宿学校)
例句: Melissa was shipped off to a boarding school in New Hampshire. (茉莉莎被送到了新罕布什尔州的一所寄宿学校就读. 注: 美国的寄宿学校费用很高, 它们基本上是富人孩子能上得起的学校)
图片
古色古香的寄宿学校建筑物
图片
身着校服的年轻学子

12. ships that pass in the night
定义: 虽住在一起但很少碰面; 萍水相逢. (注: 意指人们短暂地相遇就像夜间过往船只擦肩而过)
例句: We will never be friends. We are just ships that passed in the night. (我们永远不会成为朋友. 我们不过是萍水相逢)

13. shirk one's duty/responsibility, to
定义: 未尽责任; 逃避, 推卸责任.
例句: It turns out that he had shirked his duty as the quality assurance inspector, which resulted in several thousand batches being contaminated with E. coli. (原来他并没有尽到他身为品保检查员的责任, 因而造成了数千批被大肠杆菌所感染的产品)

14. shit a brick, to
定义: [不雅俚语]气极败坏, 惊慌失措, 极度惊吓.
例句: Of course I shit a brick when I woke up to the sounds of an intruder in my house! (当我被闯入我家盗贼所弄出的声音惊醒之后, 我自然吓得惊慌失措!)

15. shit disturber, a
定义: [加拿大不雅俚语]惹事生非, 对现实不满的人.
例句: Tom is a shit disturber. He tried to embarrass the boss at meetings. (汤姆是个惹事生非者. 他多次试图教老板在会议上出丑, 让他下不了台)

16. have shit for brains, to
定义: [不雅俚语]愚昧不堪.
例句: I know I have shit for brains, but I'm really trying my hardest! (我知道我笨得要命, 但我确实尽了全力!)

17. shit happens
定义: [不雅俗语]天有不测风云, 不顺心的事经常发生. (注: 意指劝人不要太计较)
例句: "I'm so sorry to hear you lost your job!" "It's OK, shit happens. I'll just find a new one!" ("听到了你失业我很难过!" "没事, 不顺心的事经常发生. 我再去找一份新工作不就结了!")

18. shit hits the fan
定义: [不雅俚语]大难临头, 大事不妙, 东窗事发, 有人要大发雷霆, 造成极不愉快窘态.
例句: I know you think your job is secure, but you should always be prepared in case shit ever hits the fan. (我知道你认为你的工作很稳当, 是个铁饭碗, 但你总应该做好准备以防万一大事不妙的时候拿出一套应急措施)

19. shit myself, to
定义: [不雅语]吓得屁滚尿流.
例句: When lightning struck the tree beside me, I nearly shit myself. (当闪电击中了我身边大树的那一刻, 我几乎吓得屁滚尿流)

20. shit on, to
定义: [不雅语]恶毒对待; 严厉责难; 欺压或虐待某人.
例句: I'm at the lowest rung on the ladder at work, so I get shit on by pretty much everyone. (我是工作单位里职等最低的雇员, 因此几乎公司任何人都可以欺负我)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 12 访客