royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 972

帖子 royl » 周日 5月 30, 2021 6:56 am

二十笔实用成语 972

01. shit or get off the pot, to
定义: [不雅语]要用就用否则就离开; 不要占着茅坑不拉屎.
例句: This guy is holding the library computer but he's not using it. I wish he'd shit or get off the pot! (这个人占用着这台图书馆电脑不用. 我希望他要用就用否则就离开! )
图片
供给民众使用的图书馆电脑

02. shit out of luck, be
定义: [不雅语]运气不好; 没有转圜的余地, 没希望.
例句: Sorry kid, you're shit out of luck, I just sold the last ticket. (抱歉小兄弟, 你运气不好, 我刚刚才把最后一张门票卖掉)

03. shitload of, a
定义: [不雅语]大量, 很多.
例句: I'm sorry, I can't come on the trip this weekend. I've got a metric shitload of work to catch up on. (抱歉, 这个周末的旅游我没办法来. 我有一大堆工作要赶着做完)

04. shiver me/my timbers!
定义: [幽默惊叹语]表达惊讶或不满情绪.
例句: Shiver me timbers, I had no idea you can eat dandelion greens! (我的妈呀, 我根本不知道你可以吃蒲公英绿叶!)
图片
可以作野菜的蒲公英绿叶

05. shmooze, to
定义: [意第绪语]亲切与人交谈.
例句: It's a good time to put yourself forward, to network and to schmooze. (这正是你展现自己, 开拓人际关系并亲切与人交谈的好时机)

06. shock horror, the
定义: [英国夸张语]令人震惊的恐怖.
例句: Shock horror! For once you come to work on time! (不得了! 你终于有一次准时上班啦!)

07. shock me to my core, to
定义: 令我内心震惊不已.
例句: These horrific accusations have shocked me to my core and as I have never been abusive or violent in any way to any women. (这些可怕的指控令我震惊不已, 因为我从没羞辱过任何女性或对她们动粗)

08. shocked into silence, be
定义: 被惊讶地哑口无言.
例句: I was shocked into silence. I couldn't form a sentence and I couldn't process what had just happened because the whole thing was quite intense. (我惊讶地哑口无言. 我说不出一句话, 我也不能理解刚才所发生的事因为这整件事发生得太紧张激烈)

09. shoddy quality, the
定义: 糟透的品质.
例句: The jacket was of shoddy quality and its zipper broke on first use. Unfortunately I didn't read customer reviews before ordering it. (这件夹克品质糟透了, 它的拉链用一次就坏了. 不幸的是我在订货之前没有阅读用户评论)
图片
许多网购消费者非常重视线上产品或服务的用户评论

10. shoe is on the other foot, the
定义: 主客易势, 情势已变的.
例句: When the policeman was arrested, he learned what it was like to have the shoe on the other foot. (当这名警员被逮捕的时候, 他才了解到主客易势, 自己成为嫌犯是什么样的感受)

11. shoestring budget, a
定义: 极为有限的预算.
例句: John started his business on a shoestring budget. (约翰以非常有限的预算开创了他的事业)

12. shoo off, to
定义: 赶走, 驱逐, 吓走.
例句: The security guard shooed off the kids who were loitering near the entrance of the mall. (这名警卫赶走了这些在购物中心入口附近游荡的孩子们)

13. Shoo! Go away! Mind your business!
[成语句型]咻! 走开! 少管闲事!

14. shoot (some) hoops, to
定义: 玩篮球.
例句: "What do you want to do today?" "I don't know. You want to go to the gym and shoot some hoops?" "Yeah, that sounds good. Let me call Mark and see if he wants to go ." ("你今天想要干什么?" "我不知道. 你想去体育馆玩篮球吗?" "好啊, 这是个好主意. 让我打电话给马克, 看他想不想一起去.")

15. shoot a line, to
定义: 夸张事实, 炫耀, 吹嘘.
例句: I wasn't shooting a line when I said that I don't eat out and I cook three meals a day at home. (当我说我不在外面吃饭, 我的三餐饭都是自己在家做, 我可没夸张事实)

16. shoot ahead, to
定义: 脱颖而出, (竞赛中)飞速疾行, 领先或超越他人.
例句: The hare shot ahead and then decided to lie down at the side of the path for a rest. (这只兔子飞速疾行, 然后又决定躺在路边稍作休息. 注: 这句话乃是出自伊索寓言中的一则故事, "龟兔赛跑")

17. shoot at, to
定义: 射球, 射击; 拍摄; 努力以赴.
例句: I'm shooting at a very fast shutter speed because I want to capture the moving wave and to make it freeze in motion. (我正在以极快的快门速度拍摄, 因为我想要捕捉住飘忽的海浪, 并且要让它在移动的时候拍下它的静止定格)

18. shoot blanks, to
定义: 打空包弹; (幽默)男人行性交后喷出精液没有精子. (注: 意指男子精子数量太低无法使妇女怀孕)
例句: We already know that Emma is healthy, so if she can't get pregnant, then her husband Tom must be shooting blanks. (我们已经知道爱玛的身体是健康的, 所以她如果没法怀孕的话, 那么她丈夫汤姆肯定是射空包弹)

19. shoot down, to
定义: 拒绝, 使挫折, 令人失望; 射下, 击落, 射杀; 终结, 摧毁, 击败; 羞辱, 嘲讽; 驳斥, 抨击, 打击, 造成别人怀疑正确性或权威性.
例句: Whenever I offer an opinion, they just shoot me down. (每当我提出一个建议, 他们便把我驳斥得体无完肤)

20. shoot for, to
定义: 力图达成或取得, 渴望达成某个目标; 定下某个目标.
例句: We were somewhat disappointed, since we won only two games, and we were shooting for at least three. (由于我们只赢了两场比赛, 这要比我们原先设下的起码赢三场比赛的目标尚有差距, 因此我们有点失望)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 10 访客