royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 974

帖子 royl » 周一 6月 07, 2021 9:33 pm

二十笔实用成语 974

01. shoot/blame the messenger, to
定义: 迁怒于传递坏消息者.
例句: "What do you mean I'm being sued by my ex-wife? I'll knock your lights out!" "Hey man, I'm just doing my job. Don't shoot the messenger!" ("你是什么意思我被我前妻告上法庭? 我要把你打趴!" "嘿, 老兄, 我只是做我应做的工作. 别迁怒给传递消息的人!")

02. like shooting fish in a barrel
定义: 有如探囊取物一般; 太容易, 轻而易举, 毫不费力.
例句: Jack's a good mechanic. Changing a tire is like shooting fish in a barrel for him. (杰克是个修车老手. 换个轮胎对他来说是件轻而易举的事)

03. shop around, to
定义: 寻找最佳性价比的产品; 货比三家再决定买哪一家.
例句: We shopped around for a month before we bought that SUV. (我们花了一个月的时间寻找最佳性价比的车子之后才买了那部运动型多用途车)

04. shop till you drop, to
定义: 疯狂购物; 大肆购买; 无限制地购物.
例句: Every weekend my wife shops till she drops. Her credit card bills are enormous! (每个周末我太太疯狂地购物. 她的信用卡账单的数额庞大!)

05. shopaholic, a
定义: (病态)购物狂.
例句: I'm not a shopaholic. I'm only buying what I need and nothing I don't. (我不是个购物狂. 我只买我需要的东西, 不需要的东西我根本不买)

06. shopping spree, a
定义: 疯狂购物, 大肆购物.
例句: "Every time Henry gets paid, he goes on a shopping spree." "Right, he always shows up at work in a new designer suit shortly after payday." ("每次亨利拿了薪水之后, 他就去疯狂购物." "是的, 他总是在发薪日之后没多久便穿着一套新款名牌西装来上班.")

07. shore up, to
定义: 加强稳固, 支援, 资助.
例句: Workers are trying to shore up the levee to prevent a failure. (工人们正试图加固这条堤岸来防止其崩塌)
图片
屋主自行建造一道围绕房屋的堤防

08. short and sweet, be
定义: 简短明确的.
例句: Please keep the meeting short and sweet. I have a plane to catch in a few hours. (请你把这场会议开得简短明确. 几个钟头后我还要赶一班飞机)

09. short and to the point, be
定义: 简短扼要的.
例句: A golden rule of writing a resume is to keep it short and to the point. It must be no more than one page unless you have a very good reason for it to be longer. (一个撰写履历表的重要原则是简短扼要. 除非你有非常好的理由写得更长, 否则不要超过一页)

10. short for
定义: 某字的缩写.
例句: I go by Rick – short for Ricardo, not Richard. (你可以叫我理克 – 它是理卡多的缩写, 不是理查的缩写)

11. have a short fuse/temper, to
定义: 易怒暴躁的脾气.
例句: I'm usually a pretty calm person, but whenever I start driving I find I have such a short fuse. (我一般来说是个性情相当平和的人, 但是每当我开始开车的时候我便发现我变成了易怒暴躁的人)

12. short of
定义: 缺乏(适量); 少于, 比...还差; 除了...之外, 尚未诉诸于; 就差一点准备要做某事或说某话.
例句: Short of issuing him a formal warning, there's nothing we can legally do at the moment. (除非对他发出正式警告之外, 我们目前根本没法采取任何法律行动)

13. short of breath, be
定义: 呼吸困难.
例句: Despite the fact that I was short of breath and shaking like a leaf, the doctor decided I was allergic to something in the gym and gave me a shot of antihistamine. (尽管我呼吸困难并且不停地颤抖, 医生诊断我是对健身房某个物质产生过敏并给我打了一针抗过敏药)

14. short sharp shock, a
定义: 迅速且严厉的惩罚或措施; 短暂并激烈的经验.
例句: It is clear now that the policy of punishing young offenders with a short, sharp shock is much less effective than education. (现在已经很清楚了, 对于未成年犯所施行的迅速而且严厉的惩罚要远比感化教育的效率低得多)

15. make short shrift of, to
定义: 速审速决, 速战速决, 迅速且无情地处理, 快刀斩乱麻.
例句: I rushed to the building and notified the fire department, who made short shrift of the small conflagration. (我赶回大楼, 通知消防队来救火, 他们快刀斩乱麻地把这场小型火灾迅速扑灭了)

16. a short time ago
定义: 不久之前.
例句: They are thick as thieves, and no one will be able to tell that they met only a short time ago. (他们相处得很亲密, 没有人能够看得出他们其实才认识不久)

17. short with ..., be
定义: 对...暴躁无礼.
例句: I'm sorry for getting short with you earlier. I've had a lot on my mind lately, and I didn't sleep well last night. (我很抱歉早先对你暴躁无礼. 我近来心情很乱, 我昨夜也没睡好)

18. get shortchanged, to
定义: 被某人占便宜, 被剥削或应得的东西被人少给.
例句: Children who leave school unable to read and write are getting tragically shortchanged. (孩子们离开了学校却不会读写, 他们无异于悲惨地被人剥夺了他们应得的教育)

19. shorten the odds, to
定义: 增加发生的可能性.
例句: A Democratic sweep would have shortened the odds of a second round of fiscal stimulus in early 2021. (民主党的大胜将会增加2021年初的第二轮财政刺激方案发生的可能性)

20. shortly after
定义: 随即, 随后.
例句: Shortly after she hung up, the phone rang again. (她挂了电话没多久电话又响了)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Baidu [Spider] 和 57 访客