royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 980

帖子 royl » 周日 6月 27, 2021 10:41 pm

二十笔实用成语 980

01. sick to one's stomach, be
定义: 厌倦了, 厌恶了; 恶心, 晕车, 想呕吐.
例句: I started feeling sick to my stomach on the way home because Kelly was driving at top speed on the twisting road. (由于凯莉在弯曲不平的路上全速行驶, 我便开始晕车想呕吐)

02. sick to the back teeth, be
定义: 枯燥极了或忍无可忍因为情况持续恶化或问题讨论冗长过久.
例句: I'm sick to the back teeth of taking flak for stuff I haven't done. (我受够了被人冤枉一些我没做的事情)

03. sickened by ..., be
定义: 由...得病; 对...厌恶.
例句: I was sickened by how open she was about the hospital being more interested in profits than people's health. (她如此公开地认同这家医院重视盈利高于病人健康的态度令我恶心)

04. sicko, a
定义: [俚语]变态, 反常的人.
例句: She was afraid to walk alone in the street for fear some sicko might be lurking in the dark corner. (她害怕单独走这条街生怕有个变态者可能潜伏在阴暗角落里)

05. side against, to
定义: 拒绝支持; 反对; 站在反对某人的一边.
例句: I thought you were my friend! I never thought you would side against me! (我本以为你是我的朋友! 我从没想到你居然会跟我作对!)

06. side by side
定义: 肩并肩; 紧密结合, 紧密排列, 排成一条直线或横列; 齐心协力地; 同时.
例句: Cyclists are being warned not to ride side by side in the street, but to stay single file. (自行车骑士们被警告不可在街上并排骑行, 但可以排成单列骑行)
图片
单排骑行

07. side with, to
定义: 支持或偏向某一边.
例句: Why is it that you always side with him when he and I argue? (为什么我每次跟他争执的时候你都是站在他那一边? 注: 这里的when其实跟whenever同义)

08. sidekick, a
定义: 某人的亲密伙伴, 下属, 死党, 助手.
例句: Naturally most of the employees lost their jobs when it closed down while the boss and his sidekick moved on to the parent company. (不用说, 当公司倒闭的时候大部分员工都失业了, 只有老板和他的死党转移到总公司继续上班)

09. sight for sore eyes, a
定义: 令人赏心悦目之人或物.
例句: Well, old friend, you are a sight for sore eyes. Good to see you! (哎呀, 老友, 难得把你盼来. 好高兴看到你!)

10. sight to behold, a
定义: 蔚为奇观, 壮观; 令人赏心悦目之人或物.
例句: If you never go anywhere else in your life, make sure you see the Grand Canyon: it's a sight to behold! (如果你这一辈子哪里都没去的话, 你一定要去大峡谷一游, 那里山峦陡峭,蔚为奇观!)
图片
大峡谷

11. sight unseen
定义: 没有事先检查过或事先评价过.
例句: He bought the car sight unseen and now he is having trouble with it. (他事先没检查过这部车子便买下来了, 现在车子出了问题)

12. sign (up) with, to
定义: 签署雇佣合同; 与...签订契约.
例句: I'm planning on signing with the law firm in California, unless the firm in New York offers me a better deal. (除非那家纽约事务所提供更好的待遇, 否则我打算跟这家位于加州的律师事务所签订雇佣合同)

13. sign away, to
定义: 赠予; 签字放弃; 产权转让给别人.
例句: He signed away his share of the house to his daughter. (他把他份内的房子产权转让给他的女儿)

14. sign for, to
定义: 签收; 代替人签字.
例句: Your package is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Please be sure someone will be present to sign for it. (你的包裹被排定于明天送到. 请你务必找个人当场替你签收)

15. sign in, to
定义: 签署登记名册, 报到, 登入.
例句: All visitors must sign in before they will be allowed to see the patients. (在他们被允许探望病人之前, 所有访客都必须签署登记名册)

16. sign of the times, a
定义: 时代的象征或趋向.
例句: Your neighbor's unkempt front yard is just a sign of the times. Nobody really cares any longer. (你邻居荒芜的前院正是这个时代的象征. 没人再真正关心这些事了)

17. sign of things to come, a
定义: 事情要发生之前的征兆; 时代趋势的征兆.
例句: Amazon's wage boost is a sign of things to come as the pressure on hourly wage increases for low-paid services jobs continues to grow. (当低收入服务业工作所受到的加薪压力一直持续增加的时候, 雅马逊公司给予员工的加薪便是一个时代趋势的征兆)

18. sign off, to
定义: 结束工作, 下班; 结束广播或电讯之前的宣布; 签署文件(以示同意或确认收到).
例句: As it's Friday, I think I'll sign off early today. (由于星期五的缘故, 我想我今天要早点下班)

19. sign on the dotted line, to
定义: 签字. (注: 意指在同意的合约或法律文件上签名)
例句: We've approved you for a $10,000 loan. You just need to sign on the dotted line, and we'll tr​​ansfer the funds to your account. (我们已经批准了你的一万元贷款. 你只需在文件上签字, 我们就会把这笔款项转入你的帐户)

20. sign on, to
定义: 签署雇佣或加入社团合约; 同意, 支持; 申请加入; 广播系统宣布开始广播.
例句: Retired politicians often sign on with top-dollar law firms. (退休政客经常加入价格昂贵的律师事务所. 注: 意指美国许多从政人士都拥有律师执照或法律学位)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 15 访客