royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 982

帖子 royl » 周六 7月 03, 2021 2:39 am

二十笔实用成语 982

01. since then
定义: 从那时起至今.
例句: They bought the house in 2006 and they've done a lot of work on it since then. (2006年他们买下这栋房屋, 从那时起他们在这栋房子做了很多的装修工作)

02. since when?
定义: 从什么时候开始...? (注: 此句话经常用在怀疑, 不满或愤怒时所提出的质疑话语)
例句: Since when is it okay to cheat? (从什么时候开始我们可以欺骗别人?)

03. sing a different tune, to
定义: 改变想法或意见; 持有不同想法.
例句: They'll be singing a different tune after they see what we've come up with. (看了我们的新点子之后他们肯定会改变想法)

04. sing along, to
定义: 与别人一起唱, 与伴唱机一起唱.
例句: He encouraged the audience to sing along, but only a few people participated. (他鼓励观众跟着一起唱, 但只有少数几个人跟着他一起唱)

05. sing for one's supper, to
定义: 为生活, 报酬而工作.
例句: You're welcome to stay with us on the farm as long as you like, but you'll have to sing for your supper while you're here. (欢迎你跟我们一起住在这间农庄, 你想待多久就待多久, 可是住在这里的期间你必须要为你的生活工作)
图片
美国有些农庄免费供食宿但你每天要帮忙做半天农活

06. sing from the same hymn sheet, to
定义: 众口一辞; 取得一致共识.
例句: I think we should have a meeting with everyone who's involved in the project. That way, we'll all be singing from the same hymn sheet before we begin. (我觉得我们应该把所有参与这个工作项目的人员都请来开会. 这样的话, 我们在开工之前便取得了一致共识)

07. sing of, to
定义: 朗诵; 诗词赞颂; 以歌唱形式来诉说故事.
例句: They all sang of happier times in the past. (他们都歌唱诉说过去的快乐时光)

08. sing out, to
定义: 高唱; 高声宣布或发言.
例句: The shopkeeper sang a greeting out as we went by. (当我们路过这家店面的时候, 这名店主跟我们大声地打招呼)

09. lay low and sing small, to
定义: 不惹人注目; 保持低调; 隐匿行踪, 躲起来.
例句: I'm sorry I haven't been around to see you lately, but with the police investigating the company I thought it would be better to lay low and sing small for a while. (我很抱歉我最近没过来探望你, 但是由于警方正在调查这家公司, 我觉得你最好暂时保持低调, 找个地方躲起来)

10. sing (someone's or something's) praises, to
定义: 公开盛赞某人/事.
例句: His mom is always singing his praises, saying he's a good boy. (他母亲总是对他赞不绝口, 说他是个乖孩子)

11. sing the blues, to
定义: 诉苦抱怨.
例句: Many people will sing the blues over trivial inconveniences, while millions of others silently suffer real hardships every day. (许多人会为了一点小小的不方便诉苦抱怨, 而数百万人们却每天默默地承受到真正的艰苦)

12. sing the same tune, to
定义: 口径一致, 取得共识; 说法一致.
例句: If you research their statements regarding Tom, they all sang the same tune – Tom was guilty and we should believe the victim. (如果你研读一下他们对于汤姆的声明, 他们的说法完全一致– 汤姆是有罪的, 我们应当相信这名受害者的说法)

13. sing up a storm, to
定义: 使劲卖力地唱歌.
例句: He sings in the shower every morning. I tell him to knock it off but he just goes on singing up a storm. (他每天早上洗澡时都唱歌. 我叫他别唱了但他还仍旧使劲地唱歌)

14. sing/dance/play one's heart out, to
定义: 尽情地歌唱/跳舞/玩乐.
例句: I was surprised when that shy little girl got up on stage and sang her heart out. (当我看见那个害羞小女孩走上舞台尽情地欢唱, 真让我吓一跳)

15. in single file
定义: 排成一列, 纵队.
例句: The students lined up and walked in single file into the auditorium. (这群学生排好了队伍, 形成一列地走进礼堂)

16. single out, to
定义: 从众多人或物中单独挑出或选出.
例句: They singled out her project from all the other applicants for its creative and ingenious design. (他们从一群申请人中间挑选了她的研究项目因为它富有创意和精巧的设计)

17. sink in, to
定义: 浸透, 渗透; 刺入, 戳进; 投入(资金, 时间或资源); 渐渐地理解, 意识到, 明白事务的严重性.
例句: I pay careful attention to everything I hear in calculus class, but it usually doesn't sink in. (我总是很仔细地聆听微积分课堂上的每一句话, 但我总是没法理解课堂上所讲的内容)

18. sink like a stone, to
定义: 迅速落下, 沉到底, 彻底失败.
例句: The new smartphone was meant to revolutionize the industry, but it sank like a stone after its commercial release. (这件新款的智能手机本是做为改革手机产业的新标兵, 但在它商业发布之后, 它的市场销售却彻底失败)

19. sink or swim, to
定义: 处于成败关键; 成败就此一举; 成与败, 由你选择; 不成功便失败的困境或抉择.
例句: In such a competitive business, it's always sink or swim for new companies looking to enter the market. (在这种高竞争的行业里, 想要进入市场的新兴企业总是面临着不成功便失败的困境)

20. sink through the floor, to
定义: 羞愧地无地自容; 心情沉重; 极为沮丧或难过; 失望之极.
例句: My heart sank through the floor when I saw Jack walking hand-in-hand with Melissa! (当我看见杰克牵着梅莉莎的手走在一起的时候, 我心里好难过!)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 7 访客