royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 995

帖子 royl » 周二 8月 10, 2021 11:21 am

二十笔实用成语 995

01. snuff out, to
定义: 熄灭; 彻底终结; 杀死, 谋杀.
例句: This is a big mistake job seekers make in interviews that snuffs out their chances of getting the job. (这是一个寻求工作者所犯的巨大错误由此造成了终结他们取得此职位的机会)

02. snug as a bug in a rug, be (as)
定义: 轻松舒适, 温暖舒适.
例句: My three daughters are all snug as a bug in a rug watching a movie together. (我三个女儿温暖舒适地在一起看电影)

03. so ... that, be
定义: 由于非常...因此...
例句: I was waiting so long that I ended up falling asleep. (由于我等了很久因此到最后我睡着了)

04. so as to
定义: 为了, 以便.
例句: I need to get an A on this test so as to pass the class for the semester. (为了通过这学期的课程, 我必须在这次考试拿到一个A)

05. so be it (then)
定义: 好吧, 也就是这样了; 我只能接受这样了. (注: 意指无奈的接受事实)
例句: If you insist on running off and marrying her, so be it then. Only don't say I didn't warn you! (如果你坚持要跟她私奔结婚的话, 我也没办法. 但你可别说我事先没警告你!)

06. so bold as to, be
定义: 斗胆, 冒昧, 放肆.
例句: That girl just got here but was so bold as to push her way to the front of the line! (那个女孩才刚到这里却胆大包天地一路推挤钻到队伍的前面!)

07. so do/does one
定义: 我/他/她也一样.
例句: "I need to go to the bank later." "So does Sarah. Maybe you can share a cab with her." ("我稍后要去银行." "莎拉也一样. 也许你跟她可以同坐一部出租车过去.")

08. so far
定义: 到现在为止; 到某个程度, 范围或地步.
例句: I hope you have some money on you, because we'll only get so far on five dollars' worth of gas. (我希望你身上带着钱, 因为我们只能再开等值于五块钱汽油的路程. 注: 意指所剩汽油不多, 马上就需要再添购汽油了)

09. so far as
定义: 据...; 就...来说; 直到...为止.
例句: So far as I can guess, we should be finished by next week. (据我的推测, 我们应该在下礼拜之前便可完工)

10. so far as ... is concerned
定义: 就...而言; 据某人的看法或意见.
例句: As far as I'm concerned, I don't feel safe in this neighborhood anymore. (就我而言, 我对这附近地区不再感觉安全了)

11. so far as something goes
定义: 就某事而言.
例句: As far as the weather goes, we've been having nothing but rain for the past week. (就天气而言, 我们上个星期一直除了下雨还是下雨)

12. so far, so good
定义: 到现在还不错.
例句: "How's the project going?" "So far, so good. We just need to finalize the last details." ("这个工作项目进展如何?" "到现在还不错. 我们只是需要敲定最后的细节.")

13. So far, there is no takers.
[成语句型]到现在还没有接受者. (注: 意指还没有接受挑战或赌注的人出现)

14. so help me (God)
定义: 相信我; 我发誓我说的是真的或说到做到.
例句: If you two kids don't stop fighting, so help me, I'll turn this car right around! (如果你们这两个小孩不停止吵闹的话, 我说到做到, 我会调头把车子开回家!)

15. so I see
定义: 我看到了.
例句: "Daddy, Tommy is making a big mess with his cereal!" "So I see, sweetie. I'll go get a paper towel to clean it up." ("爸爸, 汤米把他的早餐麦片弄得一团糟!" "我看到了, 亲爱的. 我去拿张纸巾把它擦干净.")
图片
早餐麦片

16. so it appears
定义: 似乎是如此.
例句: "Is she angry?" "So it appears." ("她生气了吗?" "看样子是如此.")

17. so it goes
定义: 就这样吧. (注: 宿命论, 愿意接受命运安排, 愿意接受现实)
例句: "I was so sorry to hear that you and Mark split up." "It's been really hard, but so it goes, I guess." ("我很抱歉听到了妳跟马克分手的消息." "这件事给我带来难以承受的痛苦, 但只有这样了, 我想." 注: 这里的hard可作为难以承受的和给人带来痛苦的解释)

18. so it seems
定义: 好像是这样, 应该是如此. (注: 在此it seems是基于从表征上看或从已知的情形所做出最合理的判断, 并非声称真实情况一定是如此)
例句: "Are we on schedule for the deadline?" "So it seems." ("我们是否能在截止日期前按时完工?" "应该是可以的.")

19. so last year, be
定义: [俚语]过时的, 过气的.
例句: A word of warning from our fashionistas – bell bottoms are so last year! If you want to look your absolute best, the new craze is ruffled puffy shirts. (来自我们时尚达人的警告 – 喇叭裤已经过气了! 如果你想展现自己最佳的服饰, 最新流行的时装是荷叶边蓬松衬衫)
图片
蓬松衬衫

20. so long as
定义: 在一个时间之内; 只要(某条件符合); 既然.
例句: Hey, so long as you're going to the shop, would you mind picking me up a pack of gum? (嘿, 既然你要去商店买东西, 你帮我买一包口香糖好吗?)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 36 访客