请网友踊跃提出英语文问题, 或自己学习心得
回复
royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十道填充题考试, 明天宣布答案 9

帖子 royl » 周二 6月 29, 2010 1:23 pm

二十道填充题考试, 明天宣布答案 9

Fill-in-the-blanks Instructions: Select the word listed on the bottom which best fills in each blank.
请选择考卷底部所列出的最适当单字填写在每一个空格内(二十道题目, 二十个选择, 每一选择只许使用一次)

01. Consumer prices fell ________ the second straight month, extending a break for Americans' pocketbooks.
02. What am I supposed to say when I'm ________ choked up and you're okay?
03. In some form or ________, all human beings clothe and ornament themselves.
04. The point is, just because I say I'm bored, doesn't ________ I don't enjoy my work.
05. Ok, since I'm very busy, here's some food for your ________. The title says it all about the article, so I won't comment on that.
06. We pride ourselves on offering best-in-class solutions for our customers which in this economy has ________ us well.
07. But he, ________ I learned afterwards, was leaving nothing behind him, except a welter of debts and threats of legal proceedings.
08. Both Catholics and Protestants feel strongly ________ their stance, as do both evangelical and non-evangelical Christians.
09. Criticism is never about you. It's ________ about the person doing the criticizing. That might not help when you're hurting. But it's nice to be reminded!
10. Unfortunately, in the face of discomfort, most people don't look within to find the source of it. They choose, instead, to lash ________, criticize, or get cynical.
11. I'm behind the eight ball again and can't see ________ to relieve my dilemma.
12. I just think once someone is complicit with terror all bets are ________.
13. I think you can expect more of the ________, just this time from the owner rather than the manager.
14. Madman Poncho is known to stick ________ his game plan; it got him where he is today.
15. I got burned one time ordering from a magazine company that ________ in charges that I didn't authorize.
16. He is bad news, and it is no surprise that he is thought to be on the ________.
17. I'm heading over to work in east Africa in the next couple of weeks, just wondering what people in the ________ are saying about the current situation.
18. Police sources say the robbery of a Lakewood Wal-Mart store was likely an ________ job involving a store employee.
19. You know, sometimes what seems to be most logical is the right ________.
20. So we made a deal if he wasn't back ________ five, the kids and I would head out.

(about, all, always, answer, as, by, fashion, for, how, inside, know, mean, off, out, same, served, slipped, take, thought, to)

royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: 二十道填充题考试, 明天宣布答案 9

帖子 royl » 周四 7月 01, 2010 1:59 pm

二十道填充题答案与解说

请网友注意, 你只能选择考卷底部所列出的最适当单字填写在每一空格(而且每个单字只能使用一次). 我花时间专门寻找出美国人经常使用的成语, 短语, 句型来考验网友希望您经过考试来加强记忆. 我所选出的句子再实用不过了(I mean it), 希望网友不可错过这些学习机会, 也就是说每天抽一点时间来逛逛.

01. Consumer prices fell for the second straight month, extending a break for Americans' pocketbooks.
解说: 消费者物价连续第二个月(for the second straight month)下降, 给美国人的开销上增长喘息时间.
编者按: 我们知到for这个介词可以使用在明确强调语气里, 例如for the last time(这是最后一次), for the third time(这是第三次).

02. What am I supposed to say when I'm all choked up and you're okay?
解说: 我该说什么, 当我激动地说不出话(all choked up)而你却安然无事?

03. In some form or fashion, all human beings clothe and ornament themselves.
解说: 所有人类都以某种形式(in some form or fashion)穿着打扮他们自己.

04. The point is, just because I say I'm bored, doesn't mean I don't enjoy my work.
解说: 重点是(The point is), 就因为(just because)我说我很厌烦, 并不意味(doesn't mean I don't)我不喜爱我的工作.

05. OK, since I'm very busy, here's some food for your thought. The title says it all about the article, so I won't comment on that.
解说: 好了, 既然(since)我很忙碌, 这里是一些令你深思的材料(food for your thought). 这个题目把这篇文章说明一切(says it all), 所以我不予置评(won 't comment on that).

06. We pride ourselves on offering best-in-class solutions for our customers which in this economy has served us well.
解说: 我们引以自豪(pride ourselves) 供给客户优于同行的解决方案, 尤其在这种经济环境下对我们相当有帮助(served us well).

07. But he, as I learned afterwards, was leaving nothing behind him, except a welter of debts and threats of legal proceedings.
解说: 但是他, 当我事后了解(as I learned afterwards), 他除了留下一堆(a welter of)债务以及以及法律诉讼的恐吓之外什么都没有留下来.

08. Both Catholics and Protestants feel strongly about their stance, as do both evangelical and non-evangelical Christians.
解说: 天主教徒跟新教徒双方对自己的立场抱着强硬态度(feel strongly about), 福音教徒与非福音教徒双方也是如此(as do).

09. Criticism is never about you. It's always about the person doing the criticizing. That might not help when you're hurting. But it's nice to be reminded!
解说: (别人对你的)批评根本不是跟你有关. 而一直是跟批评者有关(It's always about). 这对你的伤害可能没帮助. 但跟你提醒这件事总是好的.

10. Unfortunately, in the face of discomfort, most people don't look within to find the source of it. They choose, instead, to lash out, criticize, or get cynical.
解说: 不幸的是, 面对不痛快的状况, 大部分人不自省, 不从自己本身寻找苦恼的来源. 他们却(instead,)选择猛烈攻击(to lash out), 批评, 或冷嘲热讽别人.

11. I'm behind the eight ball again and can't see how to relieve my dilemma.
解说: 我现在的情势不妙(behind the eight ball), 无法看出有何办法脱离困境.

12. I just think once someone is complicit with terror all bets are off.
解说: 我只是认为一旦有人与恐怖份子串通(be complicit with)情势就难料(all bets are off).

13. I think you can expect more of the same, just this time from the owner rather than the manager.
解说: 我认为你可以看到更多的换汤不换药(more of the same), 只是这次从经理换成老板.

14. Madman Poncho is known to stick to his game plan; it got him where he is today.
解说: 狂人庞求是众所周知会紧守(stick to)他的策略; 这就是他今天有成就的原因(it got him where he is today).

15. I got burned one time ordering from a magazine company that slipped in charges that I didn't authorize.
解说: 我被骗过一次(got burned one time)跟杂志社订购(杂志), 这家公司(偷偷地)塞进(slipped in)我没授权的费用.

16. He is bad news, and it is no surprise that he is thought to be on the take.
解说: 他是个问题人物(bad news), 而且一点不令人惊讶(it is no surprise)他会被人认为收索贿赂(be on the take).

17. I'm heading over to work in east Africa in the next couple of weeks, just wondering what people in the know are saying about the current situation.
解说: 在未来两星期, 我将要到(to head over to)东非洲工作, 我只是想知道那些懂内情的人(people in the know)对近来状况的看法.

18. Police sources say the robbery of a Lakewood Wal-Mart store was likely an inside job involving a store employee.
解说: 警方消息来源说雷克伍沃尔玛店家抢案是一个店员涉及的内贼做的案子(an inside job).

19. You know, sometimes what seems to be most logical is the right answer.
解说: 你知道吗, 有时候最符合逻辑的答案也就是正确答案.

20. So we made a deal if he wasn't back by five, the kids and I would head out.
解说: 所以我们说好了(made a deal)假如他在五点钟之前(by five)没回来, 我就带着小孩出去(to head out).

(本论坛文章欢迎网友转载, 请标明文章来源)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 244 访客