royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 998

帖子 royl » 周三 8月 18, 2021 10:01 pm

二十笔实用成语 998

01. soft soap
定义: 软肥皂; 奉承, 逢迎, 甜言蜜语, 坑蒙拐骗.
例句: Don't let his soft soap get the better of you. He's only interested in himself. (别上了他甜言蜜语的当. 他是个自私自利的人)

02. soft spot, a
定义: 婴儿头盖上裂口软膜, 罩门; 偏爱; 对...心软; 温柔或感伤性感情; 脆弱或易受伤害的弱点.
例句: Despite how troublesome he could be, but the teacher had a soft spot for Daniel. (尽管他可能会很调皮捣蛋, 但老师对丹尼尔却仍旧偏爱)

03. soft touch, a
定义: 对...心软; 心软的人; 为人处事手腕温和委婉; 易受上当的人.
例句: Bess has a soft touch and can bring both sides together. (贝丝处事手腕温和委婉, 有办法让双方走到一起)

04. soften up, to
定义: 变得柔软或具有可塑性; 开明, 愿意接受别人建议; 软化某人力量或抵抗意志.
例句: My dad was a bit of a tyrant when we were kids, but he softened up as he got older. (我们小的时候我爸爸有点专断独行, 但随着年龄的增长他变得开明了)

05. soften your stance, to
定义: 软化你的立场.
例句: Our dad always said he would never let us have our own phones, but he softened his stance when my sister and I started high school. (我们老爸总是说他永远不会让我们拥有自己的手机, 但是当我和姐姐开始上高中的时候, 他的立场软化了)

06. softy/softie, a
定义: 心软或下不了狠心的人; 软弱好欺之人; 温和友善或和蔼可亲的人; 多愁善感之人.
例句: My dad was such a softy with us that we always asked him for things instead of our mom. (我爸爸对我们和蔼可亲, 我们总是向他要东西而不是向妈妈要)

07. soil one's hands, to
定义: 做丢脸的或非法不当的事; 进行或不畏肮脏工作.
例句: You have to soil your hands if you expect to get the gutters cleaned out. (如果你希望清理排雨沟, 就必须弄脏手)
图片
排雨沟和排雨管

08. sold on, be
定义: 被说服, 接受. (注: 意指被说服某事值得去做或值得购买某物品)
例句: After seeing the presentation, I'm sold on this investment – let's go for it! (看完了产品推介会之后, 我觉得这个投资值得去做 – 咱们就这么办吧!)

09. soldier of fortune, a
定义: 佣兵; 追求财富, 享乐或名声的冒险家.
例句: Tom's known as a soldier of fortune – a drifter with vagabond heart. (汤姆被称为追求财富的冒险家 – 一个怀着流浪者心的飘泊者)

10. soldier on, to
定义: 勇往直前, 虽知不可为仍坚决做下去.
例句: When the others quit searching, the family soldiered on, hoping to find their lost daughter. (当别人都放弃搜索的时候, 这家人仍旧毅然决然做下去, 希望找到他们走失的女儿)

11. solicitation call, a
定义: 推销电话, 募捐电话.
例句: Telephone solicitation calls to your home are prohibited before 8 am or after 9 pm. (推销或募捐电话是不允许在上午八点之前或晚上九点之后打到你家的)

12. solve a puzzle, to
定义: 解谜, 解出谜样的难题.
例句: The scientists who discovered that natural silks get stronger the colder they get, have finally solved the puzzle of why. (发现天然蚕丝越冷越坚实的科学家们终于解开了其原因之谜)

13. some distance away, be
定义: 还有一段路, 不在附近.
例句: The nearest gas station is some distance away. (距离最近的加油站还有一段路)

14. some of you
定义: 你们中有些人.
例句: This may come as a shock to some of you but 2020 was kind of a bummer. (你们中有些人也许会吃惊但2020年有点令人失望)

15. some other day
定义: 改天吧. (注: 意指礼貌性拒绝或推拖之辞, 也可以作为被人拒绝的回应)
例句: "Would you come in for a cup of coffee?" "Thanks, perhaps some other day." ("你要不要进来喝杯咖啡?" "谢谢, 也许改天吧.")

16. some other time
定义: 改天吧. (注: 意指礼貌性拒绝或推拖之辞, 也可以作为被人拒绝的回应)
例句: "I wish I could come to your house for dinner, but I told my sister I would babysit for her." "That's all right, maybe some other time." ("我希望我能来你家吃晚饭, 但是我告诉我姊姊我可以帮她带小孩." "没关系, 也许改天来吧.")

17. some people/guys have all the luck.
定义: 有些人就是运气好. (注: 意指有些人就是命好, 碰到问题还能转危为安)
例句: I've been unemployed for a year, and you got a new job in a matter of weeks. Geez, some people have all the luck. (我失业一年了, 而你却在几个星期内找到了一份新工作. 唉, 有些人就是命好)

18. some time ago
定义: 前一段时间.
例句: I talked to him some time ago but he was quite busy then. (前段时间我和他谈过但他当时很忙)

19. some time vs. sometime vs. sometimes
定义: [易混淆字或片语]some time (形容词+名词)一段时间尤其是长时间; sometime 可作形容词="曾经是", 但大多作为副词="某一不确定时间"; sometimes(副词)有时, 偶尔.

20. some truth to the allegations, there is
定义: (未证实的)指控还是有些是真实的.
例句: Tom admits there is some truth to the allegations and apologizes to the people he has hurt. (汤姆承认这些指控有一定的道理, 并向他曾经伤害过的人道歉)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 44 访客