royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 999

帖子 royl » 周六 8月 21, 2021 1:47 am

二十笔实用成语 999

01. somehow or other
定义: 不知怎么地; 以任何可能方式.
例句: Don't worry about me, I'll get there somehow or other. (别担心我, 不管怎样我都会想办法到那儿)

02. somehow, I knew you'd say that.
定义: 不知为什么, 我就知道你会这么说.
例句: "Why is loyalty in a relationship so rare nowadays?" "Somehow, I knew you'd say that! They're not rare at all and you're just not looking in the right place." ("为什么现今恋人关系中的忠诚是那么罕见?" "我就知道你会这么说! 它们根本一点也不罕见, 只是你没有找对地方.")

03. someone could do no wrong
定义: 认为某人永远不会做错. (注: 意指对某人盲目地偏爱)
例句: Donald said he could do no wrong in his mother's eyes and perhaps that's what framed his personality today. (唐纳德说在他妈妈眼中他永远不会做错, 也许就因为这个原因形成了他今天的个性)

04. someone/something/somewhere or other
定义: 不确定身份的某人或某事或某物或某处.
例句: Oh, they were talking about something or other, but I couldn't quite hear them. (噢, 他们是在谈论一些事情, 但我没法听清楚他们在说什么)

05. someone out there
定义: 那边有人; 那边的人.
例句: She could tell there was someone out there lurking in the shadows. (她可以察觉出外面有人潜伏在阴影中)

06. someone up there loves me
定义: 老天眷爱; 很幸运; 受某个有权势者的偏爱.
例句: I can't believe I walked away from that car accident with just a few scrapes. Someone up there loves me, all right! (我真不敢相信我只受到一点擦伤便从那场车祸中侥幸脱险. 感谢老天的眷爱, 真棒!)

07. someone who is just another face in the crowd
定义: 普通人, 名不见经传的普通人.
例句: Until her book became a best seller, she was just another face in the crowd. (在她的书成为畅销书之前, 她也只是一个名不见经传的普通人)

08. someone will be along
定义: 某人要来了.
例句: John will be along soon. He just had to make another stop on the way home. (约翰马上要过来. 他只须要在回家的路上作另一个停留)

09. someone's double
定义: 长相酷似某人的人; 作某人的替身.
例句: You could pass yourself off as his double. (你长得跟他太像了, 都可以充当他的替身)

10. something big is about to happen
定义: 将有大事要发生.
例句: Something big is about to happen in the housing market. The end is near for the mortgage forbearance program and the foreclosure moratorium. (房屋市场将有大事要发生了. 房贷宽容方案和止赎暂停的保障即将结束)

11. Something came up the last minute, I couldn't make it.
[成语句型]最后一刻发生了一点事情, 所以我没法赴约.

12. catch one's eye, to
定义: 引起了某人的注意.
例句: That dress in the window caught my eye immediately. Can I try it on? (橱窗里展示的那件衣服立即引起了我的注意. 我能试穿吗?)

13. come into one's head/mind, to
定义: 想到或记得某事.
例句: Take your time to form your response to the interviewer. Don't just blurt out the first thing that comes into your head. (慢慢来, 从容地想好你对面试官的回应. 别想到什么就脱口说什么)

14. something doesn't go your way
定义: 某事让你不顺心.
例句: You're adults, not children, and throwing a temper tantrum every time something doesn't go your way is not the way to address things. (你们是成人, 不是小孩, 每当碰到不顺心的事就发脾气不是解决问题的办法)

15. something doesn't jibe
定义: 感觉有些不对劲, 有蹊跷, 有问题.
例句: Something doesn't jibe here. Neither of the probable pathogens should cause a fever or pain. I may have to get another opinion. (这事有点不对劲. 两种可能的病原体都不会引起发烧或疼痛. 我可能还需要寻求另一个意见)

16. something doesn't smell/sound right
定义: 感觉有些不对劲, 有蹊跷, 有问题.
例句: Make sure that you spot where something doesn't sound right and doesn't make sense. (你务必要找出那些一听就不对劲和没道理的问题)

17. something else
定义: 完全不一样的事或物; 不寻常的人, 事或物.
例句: The movie was something else. It was the best movie I had seen in years. (这部电影还真不错. 这是我多年来看过的最好电影)

18. something else again
定义: 完全不一样的事或物; 两码事或物.
例句: Working all day on Saturday is OK but working all day Sunday is something else again. (周六工作一整天是可以接受的, 但星期天工作一整天又是另一回事)

19. something else altogether
定义: 完全不一样的事或物; 两码事或物.
例句: You know you are looking at a croissant, but you might not know whether it's filled with almond paste, chocolate or something else altogether. (你知道你在看一块牛角面包, 但你可能不知道它是否装满了杏仁酱, 巧克力还是另一个完全不一样的馅儿)
图片
牛角面包

20. something fierce
定义: 很, 非常, 很想.
例句: I don't know what it is doctor, but something is making my arm hurt something fierce. (医生我不知道这是什么病, 但有样东西让我的手臂痛得要命)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 52 访客