回复
royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1000

帖子 royl » 周三 8月 25, 2021 1:48 am

二十笔实用成语 1000

01. something for nothing
定义: 不劳而获; 免费. (注: 如果有人do something for nothing就是免费服务或劳动; 如果你get something for nothing则免费取得了某东西)
例句: You can't get something for nothing unless someone else is getting nothing for something. (除非另一人为此无偿付出否则你不可能不劳而获)

02. something going
定义: [英国]现有的, 有现成的, 可以使用的. (注: 例如现在没有工作空缺, There are no jobs going right now)
例句: They have the best hamburger going and you can't top their fries. (他们那儿有最可口的汉堡包而且他们的炸薯条也是一流的)

03. something has got to give
定义: 不管怎样, 反正总有一方要让步; 累积的怨气总要有爆发的一天; 事情总不能这样拖下去, 总要有摊牌的一天.
例句: I know you and Tom don't see eye to eye on this, but the business is suffering with you two locked in this standoff. Something has got to give! (我知道你跟汤姆对此事意见分歧, 但你们两人的僵持不下和互不让步也造成了生意损失. 不管怎样, 事情总不能就这样拖下去吧!)

04. something in the wind
定义: 有什么事将要发生; 秘密进行的计划或任务.
例句: There seems to be something in the wind among a lot of people lately that a major shake-up is about to take place among the company's leadership. (近来对许多人来说似乎有什么事将要发生, 也就是公司高层领导人将面临一个全面的重大改组)

05. something is fishy
定义: 感觉不对劲, 有蹊跷, 有问题.
例句: "There is something fishy going on. After years of fighting, mom and dad are now getting along so well." "Do you think they are going to get a divorce?" ("有件事让人感觉不对劲. 过去多年来的争吵之后, 爸爸妈妈现在却相处融洽." "你认为他们会离婚吗?")

06. something is missing
定义: 漏掉了什么, 缺少了什么. (注: 意指有些不对劲或有点空虚的感觉)
例句: Do you ever get that nagging feeling – the one where you think something is missing in your life? (你有没有那种挥之不去感觉 – 那个你觉得你的生活中缺少了什么的感觉?)

07. something like that
定义: 类似那样的东西, 等等.
例句: "Is he a travel agent?" "Yes, something like that." ("他是个旅游经纪人吗?" "是的, 大概类似那样的工作.")

08. something nasty in the woodshed
定义: 见不得人秘密或过去不愉快的经验.
例句: With multiple reports of abuse coming to light, it certainly seems there is something nasty in the woodshed at the hospice care center. (随着多起虐待报告陆续地曝光, 这家临终关怀中心肯定有什么见不得人的猫腻)

09. something of a ...
定义: 某种程度上; 很像一个; 可以说是.
例句: He's something of a con-artist, isn't he? There's no way this car repair should cost this much! (他很像个骗子, 不是吗? 这次修车不可能要花这么多钱! 注: 意指这次的修车被人讹诈了一大笔钱)

10. something of a shock to learn/discover, be
定义: 出乎意外地得知或发现.
例句: It was something of a shock to learn that he would have turned 80 this year. (得知他今年将满八十岁令人吃惊)

11. something smells
定义: 感觉有臭味, 不对劲, 有蹊跷, 有问题.
例句: Something smells in this case, but it's a good thing the justice saw through the scam. (我感觉这件案子有蹊跷, 但还好法官看穿了这场骗局)

12. something tells me
定义: 我怀疑, 我直觉告诉我.
例句: After the fight we put up, something tells me they won't come back to bother us again anytime soon. (经过我们奋力地抵抗之后, 我直觉告诉我他们不会很快再回来找我们麻烦)

13. sometime thing, a
定义: 偶尔或短暂的工作或事情.
例句: With two kids at home, my career in finance has had to take priority, with writing only being a sometime thing. (由于家里有两个孩子要养, 我的金融事业不得不优先考虑, 至于写作只是个偶尔为之的嗜好)

14. something to chew on
定义: 值得思考的构想或议题.
例句: Whether you agree or disagree with this statement, the idea should give you something to chew on. (无论你是否同意这个说法, 这个构想都应该值得你去好好地思考一番)

15. something to that effect
定义: 大约或类似像那样的.
例句: She said she wouldn't be available until after three, or something to that effect. (她说她要到三点以后才有空, 或者类似这个意思)

16. something/nothing good would come out of
定义: 会或不会带来好结果; 会或不会有什么好事.
例句: I told her that nothing good would come out of her retaliation. She was upset but six months later, she thanked me for telling her not to take revenge on him. (我告诉她, 她的报复行为不会带来什么好结果. 她当时很气愤但六个月之后, 她感谢我曾劝告她不要对他展开报复)

17. sometime things happen
定义: [劝人语]有时候, 有些事(多为坏事)总是会发生.
例句: Sometime things happen, for better or worse you can't always predict them. (有时事情总是会发生, 无论是好事还是坏事, 你不可能总有办法预测它们)

18. sometimes you win and sometimes you lose
定义: [谚语]人生有得也有失; 有时你赢有时你输. (注: 意指人生有得意时, 也有失意时, 不必丧志或放在心上)
例句: "I was sorry to hear that you didn't win the court case." "Well, sometime you win and sometimes you lose." ("我很遗憾听到你没有赢得这件官司." "哎, 人生有得也有失.")

19. Sometimes looks can be deceiving.
定义: [谚语]人不可貌相; 有时候单凭外表是看不出它内在的品质. (注: 意指外表有时会误导人的)
例句: The restaurant doesn't look very appealing, but sometimes looks can be deceiving. (这家餐厅看起来真不怎样, 但有时候单凭外表是看不出它内在的品质)

20. somewhere along the line
定义: 在过去某个时间点, 在一个活动中某个过程.
例句: "How did it happen?" "I don't know. I just know that somewhere along the line we stopped loving each other." ("这事是怎么发生的?" "我也不知道. 我只知道在某个时间点我们不再爱对方.")

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 42 访客