royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1001

帖子 royl » 周日 8月 29, 2021 12:29 am

二十笔实用成语 1001

01. somewhere around here
定义: 就在附近某个地方.
例句: I'm not sure where it is, but it must be somewhere around here. (我不确定它在哪儿, 但它一定在这附近的某个地方)

02. somewhere between A and B
定义: 大约在A数量与B数量之间.
例句: You can expect to pay somewhere between $1,200 and $2,000 per month for an apartment in that part of the city. (在那一带城区租公寓你可能需要每个月支付1,200至2,000美元)

03. somewhere down the road
定义: 在未来某时间点; 最终.
例句: I'm sure if I see you somewhere down the road ten years from now...my heart would still speed up a little. (我敢肯定十年之后某一天看到你...我还是会心动的)

04. somewhere over the rainbow
定义: 远方之处; 许诺之地, 富饶之地, 人间天堂.
例句: I guess I'm an eternal optimist, but I think it's always possible that our deepest desires are going to be fulfilled somewhere over the rainbow. (我想我是个固执的乐观主义者, 但我认为我们最深切的愿望总会可能在某个远方之处得到实现)

05. somewhere to hang one's hat
定义: (无论是暂时或长久的)安居下来.
例句: After such a nomadic life in my 20s, I think I'm ready to settle down and find somewhere to hang up my hat. (二十多岁的时候, 我一直过着这样漂泊的生活之后, 我想我已经准备要安定下来, 找个地方安居下来)

06. son of a bitch, a
定义: [粗俗骂人语]狗娘养的, 令人讨厌的人; 胆大妄为, 调皮捣蛋; 不好处理的人, 事或物; 使用于愤怒, 惊讶或厌恶的惊叹语.
例句: Julie's ex-husband was such a mean son of a bitch, it's no wonder she divorced him. (朱莉的前夫真是个可恶混蛋, 难怪她跟他离婚了)

07. son of a gun, a
定义: 令人讨厌的人; 胆大妄为, 调皮捣蛋的人; 不好处理的人, 事或物; 使用于愤怒, 惊讶或厌恶的惊叹语.
例句: My car broke down again, and I can't figure out how to fix the son of a gun! (我的车又抛锚了, 我真不知道该怎么修理这个棘手问题!)

08. song and dance, a
定义: 歌舞表演; 冗长不真实的借口, 意图欺骗的说辞.
例句: When I questioned her about her tardiness, she gave me some song and dance about her car breaking down. (当我询问她迟到理由的时候, 她编排了一堆有关她车子抛锚的借口)

09. will soon find out
定义: 不久就会发现真相.
例句: She's a gorgeous girl that at first sight may look sheepish, but you will soon find out she is a charming person. (她是个美丽动人的女孩乍看之下也许会让人觉得羞怯腼腆, 但你很快就会发现她是一个妩媚迷人的人)

10. sooner or later
定义: 迟早, 最终还是会.
例句: They're going to find out sooner or later, so you might as well tell them now. (他们迟早都会知道的, 所以你还不如现在就告诉他们吧)

11. soothe my soul, to
定义: 舒畅, 舒缓情绪.
例句: Too much stress can hurt your mental health. Slow down and soothe your soul with relaxing music after a long day of work. (压力过大会伤害你的心理健康. 在工作漫长一天之后, 你该放缓生活步调和听一些轻松音乐来缓解你的情绪)

12. sore loser, a
定义: 输不起的人, 没风度的输家, 不服气的输家.
例句: Don't be such a sore loser, Jim. I know you pride yourself on your racquetball skills, but I beat you fair and square. (别作这样一个没风度的输家, 吉姆. 我知道你深为自己的壁球球技感到自豪, 但我可是光明正大地击败了你)
图片
运动量极为激烈的壁球

13. sore point/spot, a
定义: 令某人敏感, 不安或令其痛苦的话题.
例句: Don't mention diets to Karen; it's a sore point with her. (别跟凯伦提及减肥餐的事情; 这是一个令她痛苦的话题)

14. sore throat, a
定义: 喉咙发炎, 喉咙痛.
例句: If you've got a sore throat with a fever, but no runny nose or cough, you might have strep throat. (如果你患了喉咙痛和发烧, 但没有流鼻水或咳嗽的话, 你可能得了咽喉炎)

15. sorry to hear that, I'm
定义: 表达你的哀悼; 很难过听到这个消息. (注: 意指你听完了某人所说的不幸消息所说的同情话语)
例句: I was so sorry to hear that your mother passed away, Janet. Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you. (听说你妈妈去世的消息, 我很难过, 珍妮特. 如果有任何我能为你做的事, 请告诉我)

16. I didn't mean to hurt you.
定义: 我不是有意伤害你.
例句: After our conversation today, I was upset that I didn't express to you how I feel. I want you to know that I didn't mean to hurt you. (今天跟你谈话之后, 我很不安因为我没有向你表达我的感受. 我想让你知道我不是有意要伤害你)

17. sort of
定义: 好像, 有点, 稍微; 差不多, 部分地. (注: 意指大致性的形容, 例如: some sort of big explosion, 好像一个大爆炸)
例句: "Did you finish cleaning the kitchen?" "Well, sort of, but not quite." ("你清理完厨房了吗?" "嗯, 做了一部分, 但还没清理完." )

18. sort out, to
定义: 整理自己仪容; 冷静并使自己表现正常; 找出解决问题方案; 挑选出; 整出条理; (情势)发展; 惩罚, 申诫.
例句: The couple almost broke up, but they managed to sort things out. (这对夫妻差点分手, 但他们设法化解了两人之间的纷争)

19. sort through, to
定义: 理出头绪; 整理, 分类; 排好顺序. (注: 意指尤其当你在寻找某物时一面找, 一面排好顺序)
例句: I sorted through the stack of mail looking for the phone bill. (我整理了一叠邮件寻找那份电话账单)

20. soul mate, a
定义: 知己, 性格相投的人.
例句: These two are the perfect soul mates. Her mom believes he is toxic for her, but in truth he is exactly what she needs. (这两人是对性格完全相投的人. 她妈妈却认为他只会害了她, 但事实上他正是她所需要的人)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 55 访客