royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1004

帖子 royl » 周四 9月 09, 2021 11:59 pm

二十笔实用成语 1004

01. say/speak above one's breath, to
定义: 畅所欲言, 大声谈论.
例句: You better not speak above your breath when talking to your parents. (你最好别大嗓门地跟你父母说话)

02. say/speak below one's breath, to
定义: 不敢畅所欲言, 悄悄谈论.
例句: He's always saying things below his breath, and it gets on my nerves! Why can't he just speak up with some confidence? (他总是轻声细气地说话, 弄得我烦不胜烦! 他为什么不能够信心十足地大声说话?)

03. speak directly to the issues, to
定义: 直接说到问题上; 坦率地谈论问题.
例句: I was grateful for the opportunity to speak directly to the issues impacting our community. (我感谢有这个机会坦率开诚地谈论一些影响我们社区的问题)

04. speak down to, to
定义: 傲慢地, 倚老卖老或老气横秋地对人讲话.
例句: I hate the way my boss speaks down to me whenever I ask him to explain something. (我很讨厌老板在我要求他解释某事的时候对我老气横秋说话的态度)

05. speak for itself, to
定义: 明显地摆在那儿, 不言而喻, 不言自明.
例句: Your results speak for themselves. You need to work harder! (你的工作成果明显地摆在那儿, 不言自明. 你需要加倍努力!)

06. speak for yourself
定义: 就说你自己吧, 你不能代表别人; 说出自己的心声, 别人不能越俎代庖.
例句: "We didn't play well this time." "Speak for yourself!" ("这次我们打得不怎么样." "就说你自己吧!" 注: 意指不同意说话者的意见, 接话者认为他自己表现得还不错)

07. speak for, to
定义: 替人说项, 求情, 推荐或辩护; 表达自己看法或为自己辩护; 订购, 预订, 保留.
例句: I don't need anyone to speak for me. I can stand up for myself. (我不需要任何人为我说话. 我可以为自己辩护)

08. speak highly of, to
定义: 推崇有加, 赞赏有加.
例句: Although we've never met Laura always speaks highly of you. (虽然我们从未见过面, 劳拉总是对你赞赏有加)

09. speak ill of someone, to
定义: 说某人坏话.
例句: I've always had the philosophy that it does no good to speak ill of anyone, so instead I direct that energy toward finding solutions to problems. (我一直认为讲任何人的坏话都没什么好处, 因此, 我把精力都放在寻找问题的解决方案上)

10. speak in a level tone, to
定义: 以平和稳重的语调说话.
例句: Maintain eye contact, speak in a level tone and then excuse yourself politely by saying you have a deadline to meet. (保持眼神交流, 用平和稳重的语气说话, 然后礼貌地说你有一个完工期限要即时达成, 所以必须离开. 注: 本句乃是教人以平和礼貌的态度向主人告退)

11. speak in a measured tone, to
定义: 审慎语气说出; 经过思考后地说出.
例句: Wait a count or two, and speak in a measured tone. This way, you have time to formulate your response and speak in a controlled way. (稍等两下, 然后以审慎语气说话. 如此, 你就有时间想出你的回应, 再不露声色地说出)

12. speak like a pro, to
定义: (像专业人士一样)流利, 老练, 自信地说话.
例句: To speak like a pro, use short, clear, declarative sentences. Short sentences focus your message and make it easier for your audience to follow. (想要像专业人士一样的说话, 必须使用简短, 清晰, 易懂的句子. 简短易懂的句子令人专心注意你的信息, 令你的听众更容易理解)

13. speak of someone in glowing terms, to
定义: 用华丽辞藻把某人捧上天.
例句: Superiors spoke of him in glowing terms. Coworkers gushed about what a great guy he was. (上级们对他赞不绝口. 同事们对他大加推崇)

14. speaking of that/which
定义: 说到了某个话题的同时顺便说一件事或问一个问题.
例句: speaking of which have you seen bob lately? He promised me he would help me move this weekend. (谈到了这事, 你最近见到了鲍伯吗? 他答应过我这个周末会来帮我搬家)

15. speak of the devil, to
定义: 说曹操, 曹操到.
例句: "Hey everyone, sorry I'm late!" "Well, speak of the devil! We were just talking about something funny you said the other day." ("大家好, 抱歉我来晚了!" "哎, 说曹操, 曹操到! 我们正在谈论你前几天说的一些有趣的笑话)

16. speak of, to
定义: 论及, 谈/说/写到了...(某人或事物); 提到了...(某人或事物); 指明, 表现出, 显示出. (注: 请注意speak of具有值得一提或值得一书之意; 有时可以用否定语气来表示某小事不值一提之意)
例句: I must say, this initiative you've been showing speaks very well of your chances at this company. (我必须说, 你所表现出的这种自动自发精神, 很明白地显示出你在这家公司未来发展的机会)

17. speak one's mind, to
定义: 自由地, 没顾忌地说出想要说的话.
例句: Can I just speak my mind, even though you probably won't like what I have to say? (虽然你可能会不喜欢我要说的话, 但我可以说出我想要说的话吗?)

18. speak one's piece, to
定义: 说出想要说的话.
例句: You had your chance to speak your piece – now it's Sarah's turn. (你已经有机会说出了你想要说的话 – 现在该轮到莎拉了)

19. speak out against, to
定义: 公开地反对.
例句: I hate to speak out against my friends, but this time I am afraid I have to. (我很不想公开反对我的朋友, 但这次我恐怕我非得这样做了)

20. speak out of both sides of mouth, to
定义: 见人说人话, 见鬼说鬼话. (注: 意指想要讨好大多数的人)
例句: We all know that you've been speaking out of both sides of your mouth about the merger, so please, just tell us the truth. Will there be layoffs or not? (我们都知道你一直见人说人话, 见鬼说鬼话地谈论著这次的合并, 所以请老实地告诉我们真相. 未来会不会裁员?)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 42 访客