royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1019

帖子 royl » 周五 10月 22, 2021 5:04 am

二十笔实用成语 1019

01. stay out of one's way, to
定义: 别挡路; 不阻碍别人.
例句: You know how I feel about Rachel, but if you two want to be together, I'll stay out of your way. (你知道我对瑞秋的感觉, 但如果你们两人想要在一起, 我是不会阻碍你们)

02. stay out of, to
定义: 不介入(某事), 不参与(某事).
例句: I'm just an easygoing dude, you stay out of my business and I will stay out of yours. (我只是个随和的家伙, 你别管我的事, 我也不会管你的)

03. stay out, to
定义: 离家在外; 不介入, 不参与.
例句: I appreciate your concern, but just stay out of it. You're only going to make things worse. (我很感激你的关心, 但你不要掺合进来. 你只会把事情越搞越糟)

04. stay over, to
定义: 在别人家过夜; 在异性朋友家过夜.
例句: It's getting late, so why don't you both stay over in our spare room? (天色已晚, 你们为什么不在我家客房过夜?)

05. stay put, to
定义: 留在此处, 不要离开.
例句: I want you kids to stay put while I go into the store, OK? (我去店里买东西的时候, 我要你们这群孩子留在这里, 不要离开, 好吗?)

06. stay still, to
定义: 坐好, 不要动来动去.
例句: Stay still! The longer you keep fidgeting, the longer it'll take to put on this sunblock! (坐好别动! 你如果一直动来动去, 涂抹防晒霜的时间就越长!)

07. stay the course, to
定义: 坚持不辍, 工作直到完成为止.
例句: If you can't stay the course when things get a bit messy, then you just aren't cut out for this line of work. (如果事情变得一团糟的时候, 你不能坚持到底的话, 那么你就不适合做这行工作)

08. stay the pace, to
定义: 跟得上速度, 标准, 竞争; 在压力下能够胜任或做好某事; 越挫越勇.
例句: The work is going to be very intense, so we need to find a candidate who can stay the pace. (这个工作将会很紧张繁重, 所以我们需要找到一个越挫越勇的人来做)

09. stay tuned, to
定义: 不要离开, 还有新消息; [广播电视术语]继续收看/听, 不要换频道.
例句: Stay tuned for a new and improved version of the software. (请继续关注即将上市的这套软件崭新和改进版本)

10. stay until the last dog is hung, to
定义: 逗留到最后一刻. (注: 多指宴会饭局, 客人流连不走, 逼得主人下逐客令)
例句: You can leave early, but I'm staying here until the last dog is hung. (你可以早点离开, 但我会留在这里直到最后一刻)

11. stay up, to
定义: 熬夜; 晚上不睡等门; 展示在公众眼前.
例句: You go on to bed, I'm going to stay up for a little while and read. (你去睡觉吧, 我还要晚一点睡, 看一下书)

12. stay with me, to
定义: 跟着我不要离开我; 有耐心的听我说下去.
例句: Stay with me, I'll be right back! (别走开, 我马上回来!)

13. stay with, to
定义: 跟某人或某物在一起; 留在某公司或团体内; 维持与某人恋爱关系; 在别人家过夜; 仍在记忆中; 仍具有影响力; 仍然使用(某药物); 坚持不懈某工作; 努力奋斗下去; 仍然保持与某人一样的进度, 速度或竞争力.
例句: Stay with the kids while I go check us into the hotel. (我去办入住手续的时候, 你陪着小朋友)
图片
办理旅馆入住手续

14. stay within, to
定义: 留在某个区域或边界内; 留在某公司或团体内.
例句: Contestants have to stay within their designated areas during the competition. (比赛期间, 参赛者必须留在指定的区域内)

15. stay/keep ahead of the field, to
定义: 维持领先; 占先机; 占优势.
例句: I'm working hard to stay ahead of the field. (我正在努力地维持着领先优势)

16. stay/keep in shape, to
定义: 保持良好身体状况.
例句: She goes to the gym three times a week to stay in shape. (她每周去健身房三次以保持良好的身体状况)

17. steady as a rock, be (as)
定义: 像盘石般地稳定, 坚忍卓绝, 意志不动摇, 可信任的.
例句: I have to say, Sarah has been as steady as a rock during this whole ordeal. (我不得不说, 莎拉在这整个磨难的过程中一直坚忍卓绝, 毫不动摇)

18. steady as she goes
定义: (船长命令舵手)稳定直航; 别生事端, 小心点, 按照既定方针办事.
例句: "How's your new business coming along?" "Steady as she goes! We expect to break even the first year and then start making a profit." ("你的新业务进展如何?" "开展得很稳定! 我们希望在第一年实现收支平衡, 然后开始盈利.")

19. steady hand on the tiller, a
定义: 冷静及稳定地控制着状况.
例句: I felt comfortable knowing that even during this difficult time, he had a steady hand on the tiller. (得知了即使在这个困难期间他仍旧冷静稳定地控制着局面, 我感到很安心)

20. steady on!
定义: [惊叹语]小心! 稳下来! 别冲动! 别鲁莽! 别乱来!
例句: Steady on, there's no need to fight! Let's all just take a minute and calm down. (别冲动, 没必要打架! 让我们花一分钟冷静下来)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Google [Bot] 和 59 访客