回复
royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1020

帖子 royl » 周日 10月 24, 2021 2:28 am

二十笔实用成语 1020

01. steady paycheck, a
定义: 稳定收入, 固定薪水. (注: 意指不论某人有工作与否, 他的收入并不一定是固定的数目, 例如靠佣金或小费维生的工作)
例句: Some of us do not earn a steady paycheck, even though we are gainfully employed. (虽然我们做的都是有收入工作, 但我们中一些人是没有固定薪水的)

02. steady/calm one's nerves, to
定义: 放松下来, 平静下来. (注: 意指平息心中的紧张, 激动或恐惧)
例句: I took a drink to try to steady my nerves. (我喝了一口酒试图平息我的紧张心情)

03. steal a glance/peek/look, to
定义: 偷瞄一眼.
例句: That girl just stole a glance at you again! I think she likes you! (那个女孩又偷看了你一眼! 我觉得她喜欢你!)

04. steal a kiss, to
定义: 偷偷地快速亲吻.
例句: They stole a kiss on the steps before Sarah's parents opened the door to meet John for the first time. (就在莎拉的父母第一次开门跟约翰见面之前, 他们在台阶上偷偷地快速亲了一个吻)

05. steal a march on, to
定义: 捷足先登; 不吭一声地努力超越别人.
例句: John and I were both trying to win Mary's heart, but he stole a march on me when he managed to get tickets to Mary's favorite band. (约翰和我都想赢得玛丽的芳心, 但他却设法买到玛丽最喜欢的乐团门票, 因此他比我捷足先登)

06. steal someone's heart, to
定义: 赢得某人的爱, 虏获某人的心.
例句: The kittens are so cute and playful. They will steal your heart. (这些小猫多么活泼可爱. 他们会虏获你的心)

07. steal someone's thunder, to
定义: 抢风头; 抢别人掌声; 抢先发表别人的计划, 灵感; 夺取别人功劳.
例句: We were about to announce our engagement when Jeff and Tina stole our thunder and revealed that they were going to have a baby. (我们正要宣布订婚喜讯的时候, 杰夫和蒂娜却争先透露他们将要生孩子的消息, 抢走了我们的风头)

08. steal the show/spotlight, to
定义: 出乎意料地成为关注的焦点; 比别人更受关注; 抢尽风头.
例句: All three singers gave impressive performances but it was Domingo who stole the show. (三位歌唱家的都给予观众印象深刻的表演但多明戈却意外地抢尽了风头)

09. a steal
定义: 捡来的便宜. (注: 意指价格像偷来般地便宜)
例句: Can you believe I got that fancy table for only $15? What a steal! (你能相信我只花了十五块钱就买到了那张精致的桌子吗? 太便宜啦!)

10. steam up, to
定义: 激怒; 发出水蒸气; 激发强烈情绪; 酩酊大醉.
例句: Hearing her talk about you like that really steamed me up. (听她那样地议论你真教我气疯了)

11. steel one's heart against, to
定义: 硬起心肠. (注: 意指铁面无私, 心硬如铁地处理事务)
例句: I steeled my heart against it and walked out of the door for the last time. (我硬起心肠不予以理会, 最后一次走出这个门. 注: 意指永久离开, 再也不回头)

12. steep in, to
定义: 浸泡; 浸淫或濡染某文化, 影响或传统之下.
例句: You can steep tea leaves in cold water and still extract the same flavor, but it works much quicker with hot water. (你可以将茶叶浸泡在冷水中, 仍然可以取得相同的味道, 但浸泡在热水里效果会更快)
图片
热水沏茶

13. steer clear of, to
定义: 避开; 保持距离; 尽量避免.
例句: Steer clear of Martha, she's on the war path today! Someone wrecked her new car. (尽量避开玛莎, 她今天心情坏透了, 随意会爆发怒火! 有人撞毁了她的新车)

14. stem from, to
定义: 源于, 源自, 出自; 由所造成的.
例句: The poverty in this area stems from the closure of the coal mine, the largest single employer in the entire county. (该地区的贫困状况源自于作为全县最大单一雇主的这座煤矿场被关闭了)

15. stem the tide, to
定义: 试图阻止某个趋势.
例句: The cut in interest rates has done nothing to stem the flow of job losses. (这次的降息并没有阻止失业潮的爆发)

16. step aside, to
定义: 走向一旁, 让开, 让路; 辞职让贤.
例句: Please step aside. I've got my arms full of groceries. (请让路. 我手里抱着的都是食物. 注: 依据韦氏大字典, 第二句句尾的groceries, 应作食物解释, 当然也包括罐头食品, 也就是food bought at a store)
图片
一袋从店里买来的食物

17. step back, to
定义: 向后退, 向后站; 让个空间; 停下或停工以便冷静思考对策.
例句: Please step back from the injured woman. Give her some air. (请大家让个空间给这名受伤的女人. 给她一些新鲜空气)

18. step by step
定义: 逐渐地, 循序渐进地, 缓慢地, 仔细地; 一步一脚印地.
例句: It is entirely possible for this project to succeed, we just need to proceed step by step. (这个项目完全有成功的可能, 我们只需要循序渐进地进行就可)

19. step down, to
定义: 逐渐减少或减轻; 辞职, 下台; 走下, 步下.
例句: My father stepped down from his job as president of his company recently. (我父亲最近辞去了他公司总裁的职务)

20. step forward, to
定义: 站出来, 向前一步; 站出来让人指认; 挺身而出, 给予援助或提供资料.
例句: When I go into court, I will have to step forward and present evidence. (当我上法庭时, 我必须站出来出示证据)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 51 访客