royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1026

帖子 royl » 周四 11月 11, 2021 11:11 am

二十笔实用成语 1026

01. stop and smell the roses, to
定义: 不要太忙碌; 停下来, 享受一下人生.
例句: Sometimes you need to stop and smell the roses. Enjoy the moment and savor it completely. (有时候你需要停下来享受一下人生. 享受这一时刻, 彻底品尝美好的人生滋味)

02. stop at nothing, to
定义: 尽一切能力; 无所不用其极; 无所忌惮, 豁出去, 决不手软.
例句: Tom would stop at nothing to get his way. He's determined to get the contract. (汤姆会无所不用其极地拿到他想要的. 他已经决心要取得这份合同)

03. stop beating a dead horse, to
定义: 别再浪费口舌, 别在老问题上打转.
例句: You can stop beating a dead horse. You're not going to change anything by asking for another recount of the votes! (你可以别在老问题上打转. 你不可能经由要求再次重新计票来改变任何事情!)

04. stop by, to
定义: 顺道拜访.
例句: Why don't you stop by my house on your way home? (你为什么不在你回家的路上顺便来我家一趟?)

05. stop cold/dead, to
定义: 遽然停止.
例句: Boy, Samantha could stop you cold with her angelic smile! (哇, 珊曼莎天使般的笑容居然可以让你遽然停下来对她着迷!)

06. stop (dead) in (one's) tracks, to
定义: 遽然停止移动或工作.
例句: The economy stopped dead in its tracks as a result of the global pandemic. (由于全球性的瘟疫大流行, 经济遽然停滞不前)

07. stop driving someone up the wall, to
定义: 不要把人逼疯; 别教某人恼怒不堪.
例句: The faster I get back to full health, the sooner you'll all stop driving me up the wall! (我越快康复, 我就越早不被你们把我逼疯!)

08. stop fooling yourself, to
定义: 你别在自欺欺人; 别在自我安慰.
例句: I've stopped fooling myself into thinking that if I care more, someone will care for me back. (我已经不再自欺欺人地相信如果我关心别人更多的话, 就会有人以关心我作为回报)

09. stop in, to
定义: 短暂拜访, 顺道拜访; 待在家里.
例句: You should stop in for tea sometime. (你哪天有空应该来我们这儿喝杯茶)

10. stop jerking me around, to
定义: 别再跟我耍花样.
例句: Stop jerking me around and just finish it already! (别再跟我耍花样了, 快把它做完吧!)

11. stop jerking my chain, to
定义: 别再跟我耍花样; 别再整人.
例句: He is a humble modest guy as any true musician, so stop jerking his chain will you? (就像任何真正的音乐家一样, 他是一个谦和低调的人, 所以别再整他了好吗?)

12. stop off, to
定义: 在路途中作短暂停留.
例句: We stopped off in San Francisco for a night before continuing on to Honolulu. (我们在旧金山停留了一晚, 然后继续飞往檀香山)

13. stop on a dime, to
定义: 遽然停止; 在很短的距离内停下来.
例句: This car is fast, but it can also stop on a dime when it needs to. (这部车子虽然开得很快, 但如果有必要的话, 它能够在很短的距离内停下来. 注: 这句话里的when其实等于whenever也可以翻译成if)

14. stop one short, to
定义: 突然挡住路.
例句: When we tried to cross the street, the barrier stopped us short. (当我们试图穿过马路的时候, 这道障碍挡住了我们的路)
图片
路上交通障碍

15. stop over, to
定义: 在路途中作短暂停留, 过夜.
例句: We stopped over in Abu Dhabi for a few days on our way to China. (在我们前往中国的路上, 我们在阿布扎比停留了几天)

16. stop painting a rosy picture, to
定义: 别一厢情愿地对某事乐观.
例句: Stop painting a rosy picture and get real with your business. Own up to mistakes, answer questions directly and honestly, and say things you otherwise might not. (别再抱着一厢情愿的不实际想法, 实事求是地看待你的生意. 承认错误, 诚实直接地回答问题, 坦然说出你在其他时候可能不会说的实话)

17. stop payment, a
定义: 止付; 客户通知予银行停止付款的要求. (注: 经常是因为诈欺行为或有争议买卖造成开支票的客户要求银行停止付款)
例句: Unfortunately, as the direct debit has already been issued for this month, you'll have to call the bank to stop payment. (不幸的是, 由于本月份的直接付款已经发出了, 你必须打电话通知银行停止付款. 注: 本句话里的direct debit就是经你授权的各种费用每月由供应商直接从你银行帐户里提取付款)

18. Stop playing games with me!
定义: [命令语]别跟我玩花样!
例句: Stop playing games with me, Mona! I know about the theft, and I know that you were involved in it. (别跟我玩花样, 莫娜! 我清楚那件窃案, 我还知道妳也涉入其中)

19. Stop right there!
定义: [命令语]马上停下来!
例句: Stop right there! If you can't hold your tongue sometimes the best thing to do is walk away before you say something you'll regret. (马上停下来! 如果你无法闭嘴的话, 有时候最好的办法就是离开, 免得说一些你事后会后悔的话)

20. stop short of, to
定义: 决定不做某事; 几乎要某事却没完成; 做了一半却没完成.
例句: I stopped short of telling her what I really felt about her. (我并没有告诉她我对她的真实感受)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 45 访客