请网友踊跃提出英语文问题, 或自己学习心得
回复
royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十筆實用成語 1029

帖子 royl » 周五 11月 19, 2021 2:51 am

二十筆實用成語 1029

01. strange as it may sound/seem, be (as)
定義: 儘管聽起來很奇怪.
例句: As strange as it may seem, especially for a man who's currently the world's richest person alive, Elon Musk loves the idea of downsizing. (儘管聽起來很奇怪, 尤其是對於這位目前世界上最富有的人來說, 伊隆•馬斯克卻喜歡削減規模的想法)

02. strange bedfellow
定義: 臨時拼湊的聯盟, 同床異夢的組合.
例句: Adversity makes strange bedfellow, in times of trouble, people who wouldn't normally associate with each other may work together. (逆境促成同床異夢的組合, 遇到了困難的時候, 平時不會交往的人都可以合作在一起)

03. strange to say
定義: 說也奇怪地, 令人不解地.
例句: Strange to say, it turned out that we both knew John, but had met him in two different parts of the world. (說來也奇怪, 原來我們兩人都認識約翰, 只是在世界的兩個不同地方遇見他)

04. Stranger things have happened before.
[成語句型]更奇怪的事情以前也曾經發生過. (注: 意指沒什麼必要大驚小怪的)

05. strapped for cash, be
定義: 手頭很緊, 缺錢.
例句: Would you mind covering the cost of dinner? I'm a little strapped for cash at the moment. (你願意幫我付晚餐帳單嗎? 我現在手頭有點緊)

06. straw in the wind, a
定義: 一葉知秋. (注: 意指小的跡象中顯示將要發生的事)
例句: When the company began to try and cut back on expenses it was a straw in the wind as to what would happen in the future. (當公司開始嘗試削減開支的時候, 有如一葉知秋一樣它顯示出公司未來將會發生什麼事情)

07. straw man, a
定義: 假想敵人或對手(創造一個幻想的弱小對手以便輕易擊敗); 人頭公司(製造幌子公司來進行不正當生意).
例句: Come on, that's just a ridiculous straw man, and you know it! If you want to argue with me, then argue with what I'm actually saying. (拜託, 那只是一個荒謬可笑的假想對手, 你是知道的! 如果你想要跟我爭論的話, 那麼你來跟我實際所說的話爭論)

08. straw that breaks the camel's back, the
定義: 壓垮駱駝的稻草. (注: 意指微不足道的小錯誤累積下來令人無法忍受, 無法繼續下去或崩潰)
例句: Recently she has caused many problems in the company. But, when she lost the key to the office front door it was the straw that broke the camel's back and we decided to fire her. (她最近在公司惹出很多麻煩. 但當她丟失了辦公室前門鑰匙的時候, 這正是壓垮駱駝的那根稻草, 我們決定解僱她)

09. street smarts, the
定義: 殘酷街頭生存的應變能力.
例句: Why are you talking to panhandlers? Don't you have any street smarts? (你為什麼跟乞丐說話? 你沒有一點街頭生存的應變能力嗎?)
图片
芝加哥懷孕婦女帶著小男孩在街頭乞討, 事後坐賓士車離去

10. streets ahead, be
定義: 比...強得多了.
例句: Based on the boss's praise, it sounds like I'm streets ahead of everyone else in the department. (根據老闆的讚揚, 聽起來我比部門裡其他人都強得多了)

11. strengthen one's hand, to
定義: 強化談判的籌碼或實力.
例句: The scandal is yet another issue that will strengthen her opponent's hand in the run-up to the election. (這件醜聞將會成為在選舉前夕增強她對手影響力的另一個麻煩)

12. stress out, to
定義: 造成, 經歷或承受到壓力, 煩惱或焦慮.
例句: Don't stress yourself out trying to finish the project; I'll take care of it. (你不需要為了試圖完成這個工作項目給你自己帶來煩惱和焦慮; 我會把它做完的)

13. stretch one's money, to
定義: 精打細算, 有效使用金錢.
例句: We had to find creative ways to stretch our money after Tom lost her job. (湯姆失業之後, 我們必須找到有創意的方法來有效地使用有限的金錢)

14. stretch a/the point, to
定義: 誇張, 誇大解釋超出正常或可接受的範圍; 作出例外或讓步; 不追究某人過錯如果他/她有可原諒理由.
例句: You are usually only allowed one hour for lunch, but I'm prepared to stretch a point if there's an emergency. (你通常只有一個小時的午餐時間, 但如果遇到緊急狀況的話, 我願意網開一面)

15. stretch one's imagination, to
定義: 發揮充分的想像力.
例句: Check out the list to find a book that matches your interests, expands your mind, or stretches your imagination. (查看這份列表來尋找符合你興趣, 擴展你思維或發揮你充分想像力的書籍)

16. stretch one's legs, to
定義: (坐久之後)走一走, 舒展四肢.
例句: Let's stop off at this rest area for a while. After three hours of driving, I'm sure everyone would like to stretch their legs a bit. (讓我們在這個休息區稍作停留. 開了三個小時的車子, 我相信大家都想要走一走, 舒展一下四肢了)

17. stretch out, to
定義: 延長, 拖延; 舒適躺臥; 伸出, 伸展; 舒展四肢; 伸長脖子.
例句: He stretched out his hand to the girl dangling from the window ledge. (他向懸在窗台邊的女孩伸出援手)

18. stretch the rules, to
定義: 網開一面, 通融.
例句: We don't normally employ people over 50, but in your case we're prepared to stretch the rules a little. (我們通常不僱用五十歲以上的人, 但以你的情況來看, 我們願意給你通融一次)

19. stretch the truth, to
定義: 在真實的故事裡加油添醋; 稍作誇張的描述.
例句: Everyone stretches the truth about their skills and experiences when they apply for new jobs. (每個人在申請新工作時都會對他們的技能和經驗稍作誇張的描述)

20. stretch it, to
定義: 誇大其詞.
例句: It would be stretching it to say that our company has been very successful, but we've managed to get by for the past few years. (如果說我們公司非常成功那是誇大其詞, 但我們在過去幾年裡還能混得過去)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 57 访客