royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1032

帖子 royl » 周二 11月 30, 2021 4:11 pm

二十笔实用成语 1032

01. stroll down memory lane, to
定义: 回忆过去的欢乐时光和如烟往事.
例句: My grandmother spends most of her time strolling down memory lane these days than talking about the present. (这些天我奶奶大部分时间都花在回忆过去的时光, 而不是谈论当前之事)

02. strong as an ox/bull, be (as)
定义: 体壮如牛.
例句: Despite his age, Jesse was as strong as a bull. (尽管年纪大了, 杰西仍旧体壮如牛)

03. strong language
定义: 粗暴语言, 粗俗用语.
例句: The movie contains some strong language. (这部电影含有一些粗暴语言)

04. strong point, a
定义: 优点, 强项, (军事)坚固工事或阵地.
例句: Patience is Sam's strong point. I've never seen him lose his temper. (耐性是山姆的优点. 我从没见过他发脾气)

05. strong silent type, the
定义: 行动果决, 但沉默寡言的个性; 不露喜怒而以行动表达的个性.
例句: Paula always preferred the strong silent type to more extroverted men. (与性格外向的男人相比, 宝拉总是更偏爱行动果决, 但沉默寡言的男人)

06. strong stomach, a
定义: 能够容忍一些令人恶心, 触目惊心, 或厌恶的人事或物; 能够吃下辛辣或腥臊食物.
例句: I don't have a strong stomach, so I could never be a surgeon. (我没法容忍血腥的场面, 所以我永远无法成为外科医生)

07. strong suit, someone's
定义: 某人的强项, 专长.
例句: Creative writing is my strong suit, but I'm also quite able to write academic and research papers. (创意写作是我的强项, 但我也相当有能力写作学术和研究论文)

08. struck by/on/with ..., be
定义: 对...印象深刻, 着迷或满意.
例句: Phil was struck by Alice's beauty the moment he saw her. (菲尔见到爱丽丝的那一刹那就被她的美貌所深深打动)

09. struck by lightning, be
定义: 被闪电击中, 被雷劈.
例句: Only about 10% of people who are struck by lightning are killed, leaving 90% with various degrees of disability. (被闪电击中的人只有10%左右死亡, 剩下90%的人则得到不同程度的残疾)

10. struck deaf/blind, be
定义: 突然变为聋哑/盲.
例句: According to Plato, Stesichorus was struck blind after writing a poem insulting Helen of Troy, but his sight was restored after he wrote an apologetic palinode. (根据柏拉图的说法, 斯特西克鲁斯写了一首羞辱特洛伊海伦的诗之后突然失明, 但在他写了一首撤回前诗说错话的认错诗之后, 他的视力便恢复了)
图片
斯特西克鲁斯乃是一位古希腊抒情诗人之一

11. struggle on with, to
定义: 持续不懈地苦干下去.
例句: I know you're not enjoying college so far, but struggle on with the rest of this school year and see how you feel next summer. (我知道到你目前并不想读大学, 但你还是继续不懈地读完本学年剩下的时间, 到明年夏天再看看你的感觉如何. 注: 美国的学年从本年九月到次年六月, 中间隔着三个月的暑假)

12. strut one's stuff, to
定义: 大显身手; 展示自己最得意作品, 炫耀; 卖弄自己的身材.
例句: After a year of hard training, he went up onto the stage to strut his stuff. (经过一年艰苦的训练之后, 他走上舞台大展所学到的身手)

13. stub one's toe against/on something, to
定义: 脚趾头无意中踢到硬东西.
例句: I couldn't walk for nearly 10 minutes after stubbing my big toe against the bed post. (我的大脚趾踢到床柱上, 疼得我将近十分钟不能走路)

14. stub out, to
定义: 弄熄, 压熄(香烟).
例句: He stubbed out the cigarette and got up to leave. (他压熄了香烟便起身离开)

15. stuck between a rock and a hard place, get
定义: 身陷困境, 进退维谷或进退两难.
例句: Goss finds himself stuck between a rock and a hard place. Whichever course of action he chooses, he'll lose the support of some people. (高斯发现自己身陷进退维谷的困境. 无论他选择哪条行动方案, 他都会失去一些人的支持)

16. stuck for, be
定义: 无法或很困难实现, 获得, 设计, 或生产某物; 缺乏或缺少.
例句: I've wanted to start writing again for a while now for a couple of different reasons but I've been stuck for ideas. (出于几个不同的原因, 我想要再次开始写作想了一段时间, 但我一直缺乏想要写什么的创意)

17. stuck in a groove/rut, be
定义: 陷入重复单调乏味的例行工作, 生活, 或行为之类的模式.
例句: I had so many ambitions when I first graduated from college, but now I feel like I'm stuck in a groove. (大学刚毕业的时候我有许多想要追求的目标, 但现在我觉得我陷入了重复单调乏味的工作模式)

18. stuck in a traffic (jam), be
定义: 堵车, 受阻于交通瘫痪.
例句: There are plenty of other things you can do while being stuck in a traffic jam. Some of the ones are not just fun, but productive too! (堵车的时候, 你还有许多其他的事情可做. 其中一些不仅有趣, 而且还具有生产力的! 注: 当你被困在车内无事可做的时候, 你可以做一些平时忘了做的事情)

19. stuck on, be
定义: 迷恋或痴心于, 为...疯狂; 执着或念念不忘于某个想法, 感觉, 或信念; 被困惑, 受困于, 无法有所进展; 黏住, 卡住; 被锁定在一个想法, 原因或目的里.
例句: "Why is Adam mad at you?" "I think he's stuck on the fact that I made the track team and he didn't." ("亚当为什么生你的气?" "我觉得他还在念念不忘我被选上了田径队而他没被选上的事情.")

20. stuff and nonsense
定义: 愚蠢; 荒谬的行为或谈话; 胡说八道, 乱说.
例句: "I'll just hire some movers." "Stuff and nonsense! I'd be happy to help you move." ("那我只好雇一些搬家工人吧." "胡说! 我很乐意帮你搬家.")

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 43 访客