回复
royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1033

帖子 royl » 周六 12月 04, 2021 2:32 am

二十笔实用成语 1033

01. stuff it!
定义: [粗俗语]去你的! 少来这套! 拿回去! 不稀罕! (注: 用于不屑的或愤怒的口气)
例句: I don't want her money. She can stuff it! (我不要她的钱. 拿回去!)

02. stuffed shirt, a
定义: 自视甚高的人; 假装正派的人; 道貌岸然的人.
例句: I had heard he was a bit of a stuffed shirt, but he was very pleasant when I met him, and not pretentious at all. (听人说他是个假正经的人, 刚认识的时候他很和蔼可亲, 一点也不做作)

03. stuffed to the gills, be
定义: 吃得很饱; 完全满了; 没有空间, 空位或空档.
例句: I've got so many meetings and deadlines these days that my schedule is stuffed to the gills! (这些天我有太多的会议要开和完工期限要达成, 我的日程表被安排得满档!)

04. stumble across/against, to
定义: 不期而碰到; 无意中发现某事或物.
例句: I had given up finding my keys when I stumbled across them lying under the dresser. (当我无意中发现它们掉落在梳妆台底下时候, 我都已经放弃要寻找我的钥匙)
图片
衣柜上架上镜子就成了梳妆台

05. stumble on/upon, to
定义: 被绊倒; 无意中发现; 不期而碰到.
例句: I entered the living room and nearly stumbled on someone who was asleep on the floor. (我走进客厅, 差点被一个睡在地板上的人绊倒)

06. stumble out of bed, to
定义: 匆匆起床.
例句: My wife usually stumbles out of bed at 6 am. And since she is the first one up, she makes coffee. (我妻子通常在早上六点起床. 而且由于她是第一个起床的人, 所以她会烧咖啡)
图片
妻子烧咖啡

07. stumble over, to
定义: 争先恐后地冲进或夺路; 结结巴巴说话; 被某物绊倒.
例句: The kids stumbled over each other to get into the ice cream parlor. (这群孩子们争先恐后地冲进冰淇淋店)

08. stumbling block, the
定义: 绊脚石, 阻碍物, 困难, 障碍.
例句: We're trying to sell the house, but its undesirable location has proved to be a real stumbling block. (我们正试图卖掉这栋房子, 但它不受人喜爱的地点被证明是一个令人头疼的绊脚石)

09. stump the growth, to
定义: 阻碍生长, 发育, 成长.
例句: No venture is without risk, and if you are too cautious you could stump your growth and find yourself spending more to catch up. (没有一个风险事业是不冒险的, 如果你过于谨慎的话, 你可能会阻碍你的事业成长并且发现自己要花更多的钱来追上竞争者的脚步)

10. stump up, to
定义: 不情愿地交出钱, 付账; 提供资金.
例句: I hate having to pay for more repairs already, but it's still cheaper to just stump up the cash than go buy a whole new car. (我实在不愿意花费更多的维修费用, 但是支付现金仍旧比去买一部全新的汽车还便宜)

11. stung to the quick, be
定义: 受重伤或精神受挫折或冒犯.
例句: The comments stung me to the quick, but I remained composed and carried on with the lecture. (这些批评让我自尊心深深地受到刺伤, 但我仍然保持冷静并继续讲课)

12. Stupid is as stupid does.
定义: [谚语]蠢人做蠢事. (注: 意指被人骂蠢是因自己做蠢事, 而不是人长得蠢)
例句: Of course that fool backed his car into his own house! Stupid is as stupid does! (那个傻子当然是把车倒进了自己屋子里! 蠢人做蠢事!)
图片
把车倒进了自己屋子里

13. subject to change without notice, be
定义: (价钱, 条件, 条文, 等等)如有更动, 不再另行通知.
例句: All prices are subject to change without notice and are not guaranteed, except that prices for an order that have been accepted by the seller. (除了卖方已接受的订单价格以外, 所有价格如有更改, 恕不另行通知, 并且无法保证)

14. subject to, be
定义: 被引领, 控制或统治; 被要求接受, 承担或历经某事; 负有义务的, 有某种倾向, 具有各种可能, 易受某种影响.
例句: During your stay at this institution, your room will be subject to weekly inspections. (在你入住这家机构期间, 你的房间将接受每周一次的检查)

15. subject to, to
定义: 被强迫, 被控制下, 必须接受, 必须容忍, 必须经历的.
例句: I'm sorry for subjecting you to my dad's political rant. He can't talk about anything else at dinner. (我很抱歉让你必须容忍我父亲所发的政治牢骚. 晚餐时间他就是不能谈论其他事情)

16. submit one's resignation, to
定义: 递出辞呈; 辞职.
例句: Tom says he submitted his resignation last week. His last day will be the last day of the month. (汤姆说他上周提交了辞呈. 他最后一个工作天将是这个月的最后一天)

17. submit one to, to
定义: 令人经历不愉快的事情, 屈服于, 归顺于.
例句: I hate to submit you to all this questioning, but that is the way we do things here. (我实在不愿让你经历这一切的讯问, 但我们这儿办事的方式就是这样的)

18. submit to, to
定义: 愿意提交某物以供特别处理, 检查, 评估或考虑; 愿意经历不愉快的事情; 顺服, 臣服, 归顺.
例句: Be sure to submit your applications to the board before Friday if you want to be considered for the grant. (如果你想要获得这笔补助款的话, 请务必在星期五之前向董事会提交你的申请表)

19. subscribe to, to
定义: 订阅报纸, 杂志或其他刊物; 订购短期或长期服务; 订购季票(球赛或表演); 同意或认同别人意见或看法; 同意付款或捐款.
例句: I no longer subscribe to the all the same beliefs as my parents, but that doesn't mean we don't share some values. (我不再认同和我父母一样的想法, 但这并不意味着我们没有共同的价值观)

20. subsequent to
定义: 在...之后, 随后.
例句: The child became ill subsequent to receiving an injection against measles. (这名孩子在接受了麻疹注射之后便生病了)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 57 访客