请网友踊跃提出英语文问题, 或自己学习心得
回复
royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十道填充题考试, 明天宣布答案 10

帖子 royl » 周五 7月 02, 2010 6:24 am

二十道填充题考试, 明天宣布答案 10

Fill-in-the-blanks Instructions: Select the word listed on the bottom which best fills in each blank.
请选择考卷底部所列出的最适当单字填写在每一个空格内(二十道题目, 二十个选择, 每一选择只许使用一次)

01. Spring is right around the ________ and warmer weather is coming our way.
02. Bill: It's almost too late to go to the movie. Shall we try anyway? Mary: I ________ not.
03. But on the other hand, how am I ________ to let him go and explore, knowing that just 2 months ago we were serious about marriage?
04. You bring ________ the best in me.
05. Oh, wow, it turns out that we can print our ________ to heavenly bliss!
06. I think I may be ________ something that could really save our bacon here.
07. Don't you hate it when people talk ________ you or turn their attention away?
08. There were other issues but I have rambled on long enough to get point ________.
09. I did not know during this time that Kirk had a secret crush on me, and that Samantha was well ________ of it.
10. Be careful what you wish for, you might just ________ it!
11. This makes me very disturbed. I don't see ________ good potential for this product, other than the ways it can be abused.
12. When it comes ________ relationships, a little gratitude goes a long way.
13. “Dad, that's a good one.” Whenever my dad tells a joke he is the first one to laugh. And, it's not just an ordinary chuckle. It's a burst of joy that comes from deep ________.
14. Fireworks paint the sky with a myriad of colors. You too can light ________ people's faces when they see what great shots you've captured.
15. But you're right, it all ________ good right now, we're just splitting hairs.
16. Just for kicks, I cooked up a scheme on the ________ of the moment.
17. We implore General Jones to ________ the whistle and go public with what he knows.
18. There have been three singles released from this album, all of ________ lackluster.
19. Come on, I don't believe any of the stuff that is ________ about him.
20. As for the rest, I have been called worse names and ________ of more vile things before. Let the readers decide.

(accused, across, anything, aware, blow, corner, get, guess, onto, out, over, sounds, spur, supposed, to, up, way, which, within, written)

royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: 二十道填充题考试, 明天宣布答案 10

帖子 royl » 周六 7月 03, 2010 11:15 am

二十道填充题答案与解说

请网友注意, 你只能选择考卷底部所列出的最适当单字填写在每一空格(而且每个单字只能使用一次). 我花时间专门寻找美国人经常使用的成语, 短语, 句型来考验网友希望您经过考试来加强记忆. 我所选出的句子再实用不过了(I mean it), 希望网友不可错过这些学习机会, 也就是说每天抽一点时间来逛逛.

01. Spring is right around the corner and warmer weather is coming our way.
解说: 春天即将来临(right around the corner), 温暖天气即将来到(be coming our way).
编者按: 在这里, coming our way本可以解释成"往我们这方向来", 我认为"即将来到"也可以接受.

02. Bill: It's almost too late to go to the movie. Shall we try anyway? Mary: I guess not.
解说: 比尔: 去看电影几乎太迟了, 我们要不要干脆试试看? 玛丽: 我看算啦(I guess not).

03. But on the other hand, how am I supposed to let him go and explore, knowing that just 2 months ago we were serious about marriage?
解说: 但是换句话说(on the other hand), 我应该如何(how am I supposed to)放任他去找别的女人(to let him go and explore), 明明知道两个月以前我们还严肃地想到结婚.
编者按: 在这里, to let him go and explore本可以解释为"放任他去探索", 我认为"放任他去找别的女人"比较贴切.

04. You bring out the best in me.
解说: 你给我机会让我展现出我的最佳一面(to bring out the best in someone).
编者按: 在这里, to bring out the best in someone可以解释为"让某人一展所长的机会".

05. Oh, wow, it turns out that we can print our way to heavenly bliss!
解说: 哇, 原来(it turns out)我们可以印钞票印到爽死(to print our way to heavenly bliss).
编者按: 这句话本来是一篇讥讽美国政府不管死活地猛印钞票的文章标题. 在这里, it turns out本可以解释为"后来才发现", 我认为"原来"比较贴切.

06. I think I may be onto something that could really save our bacon here.
解说: 我想我可能发现到某件事/或某件物品(may be onto something)真的可以救我们脱离困境(save our bacon).

07. Don't you hate it when people talk over you or turn their attention away?
解说: 你不觉得令人厌恶(Don't you hate it)当你在讲话时有人插嘴(to talk over you)或你在讲话时对方转移注意(to turn their attention away)?

08. There were other issues but I have rambled on long enough to get point across.
解说: 还有别的议题, 但是我啰啰嗦嗦长篇大论一翻(to ramble on long enough)才把话讲清楚(to get point across).

09. I did not know during this time that Kirk had a secret crush on me, and that Samantha was well aware of it.
解说: 我当时不知道克尔克偷恋着我(to have a secret crush on someone), 而且莎嫚莎也完全心里明白这件事(be well aware of it).

10. Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it!
解说: [谚语]小心你的许愿, 它可能成真(you might just get it). (注: 千万不要乱许愿, 不好愿望也有可能实现)

11. This makes me very disturbed. I don't see anything good potential for this product, other than the ways it can be abused.
解说: 这令我十分不安(to make someone disturbed), 除了多种方面可以滥用之外, 我看不出这个产品有什么好的潜力(don't see anything good potential).

12. When it comes to relationships, a little gratitude goes a long way.
解说: 当我们说到(When it comes to …)人际关系, 一点对人的感恩心会受用无穷(goes a long way).

13. "Dad, that's a good one." Whenever my dad tells a joke he is the first one to laugh. And, it's not just an ordinary chuckle. It's a burst of joy that comes from deep within.
解说: "爸爸, 这笑话很妙"(that's a good one). 每当我爸爸说一个笑话, 他是第一个大笑. 而且这不是一般的轻声笑. 这是出自内心深处的( to come from deep within) 开怀大笑(a burst of joy).

14. Fireworks paint the sky with a myriad of colors. You too can light up people's faces when they see what great shots you've captured.
解说: 焰火把天空涂上五彩缤纷颜色(with a myriad of colors). 当人们看到了你所捕捉的非凡的画面时, 你也可以照亮(to light up)他们的脸庞.

15. But you're right, it all sounds good right now, we're just splitting hairs.
解说: 但是你是对的, 这事现在听起来很有道理(to sounds good), 我们只是鸡蛋里挑骨头(to split hairs).
编者按: 网友对不起, 这句话有一字拼错: 应该是"splitting hairs"而不是"splinting hairs". 为此向网友致歉!

16. Just for kicks, I cooked up a scheme on the spur of the moment.
解说: 纯粹为了好玩(Just for kicks), 我一时兴起(on the spur of the moment)虚构一个鬼点子(to cook up a scheme).

17. We implore General Jones to blow the whistle and go public with what he knows.
解说: 我们恳求琼斯将军公开向大众(to go public)揭发(to blow the whistle)他所知道的(弊端).

18. There have been three singles released from this album, all of which lackluster.
解说: 有三张单曲唱片从这个歌唱专辑发行出来, 但所有的单曲发行都(all of which)平淡不理想.
编者按: 这句话里的lackluster本可以解释为"平淡无奇或黯淡乏味", 我认为"平淡不理想"比较贴切

19. Come on, I don't believe any of the stuff that is written about him.
解说: 你也帮帮忙, 我才不相信任何(don't believe any of the stuff)有关他的描述.

20. As for the rest, I have been called worse names and accused of more vile things before. Let the readers decide.
解说: 至于其他, 我过去已经被更恶劣地羞辱过(to have been called worse names), 也被指控过(be accused of)更恶毒的事情. 让读者自行判断吧.

(本论坛文章欢迎网友转载, 请标明文章来源)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 236 访客