royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1043

帖子 royl » 周日 1月 09, 2022 2:57 pm

二十笔实用成语 1043

01. take a load off (one's feet), to
定义: 卸下重担, 坐下, 躺下, 轻松下来.
例句: Why don't you go take a load off for a while, and I'll fix dinner for tonight? (你先去歇一会儿, 今晚我来做晚饭, 好吗?)

02. take a load off one's mind, to
定义: 如释重负; 心中卸下一个重担; 喜悦地看到问题已经解决.
例句: I finally completed my income tax return for this year. That's a load off my mind! (我终于做完了今年的所得税申报. 总算卸下了一个重担!)

03. take a long drag/draw on the cigarette, to
定义: 深深地吸一口香烟.
例句: She took a long drag on the cigarette and blew a plume of smoke toward my face. (她深深地吸一口烟, 朝我的脸上吐出一缕青烟)

04. take a long view, to
定义: 考虑长远利益, 往远处想.
例句: The board is taking the long view and is recommending to invest to make the company sustainable. (董事会正考虑长远利益, 建议投资未来以促进公司的永续经营)

05. take a long walk off a short pier, to
定义: [惊叹语]走开! 别烦我! 离我远一点!
例句: I'm really tired of your constant criticisms. Why don't you take a long walk off a short pier? (我真受不了你这些没完没了的批评. 你能不能离我远一点, 别烦我?)

06. take a long, hard look at something, to
定义: 仔细, 认真地好好审视或思考.
例句: After taking a long hard look at the cost of employing an extra person, we decided against it. (在仔细认真地考虑了雇用额外人员所需的成本之后, 我们决定不这样做了)

07. take a look at, to
定义: 看一眼; 观察, 检查, 仔细地看.
例句: When she took a closer look at the pictures, she was absolutely shocked by what she saw. (当她仔细地检查这批照片的时候, 她被她所见到的景象惊呆了)

08. take a lot of doing, to
定义: (指工作)要求很高, 很吃力, 要费不少功夫.
例句: Keeping your kitchen clean and organized takes a lot of doing but it makes your life much easier when you have unexpected visitors. (保持厨房清洁和井然有序要费不少功夫, 但是一旦你碰到了不速之客来访的时候, 你就可以清松以对, 不需要临时抓瞎)

09. take a lot out of you, to
定义: 需要大量的工作或精力, 令你心力交瘁.
例句: That interview really took a lot out of me. (那次面试的确让我应付得心力交瘁)

10. take a nap, to
定义: 打瞌睡, 小睡一下.
例句: I think you should go take a nap. You look like you're about to fall asleep standing up! (我觉得你该去个睡午觉. 你看起来好像快要站着睡着了!)

11. take a nosedive, to
定义: (飞机)失控遽降; 急速下降或衰退; 遽降或遽跌; 头朝下摔下来; 崩盘, 崩溃, 溃败.
例句: Everyone went into a panic when we started taking a nosedive, but the skilled pilot managed to regain control of the plane and landed it safely. (当我们开始失控急速下降的时候, 每个人都惊慌失措, 但艺高胆大的驾驶员却成功地重新取得了飞机的控制并安全着陆)

12. take a number, to
定义: 碰到多人遭遇同一问题; 拿一个号码, 排队等待.
例句: "Excuse me, I'm looking to speak to the dean of the business school." "Take a number, kid. Everyone in here is waiting to speak to her." ("打扰一下, 我想找商学院院长谈话." "拿个号码排队吧, 孩子. 这里的每个人都在等着和她说话.")

13. take a picture, to
定义: 拍照, 照相.
例句: Someone has been going around the property taking pictures. Should we call the police? (有人一直在房子附近拍照. 我们应该报警吗?)

14. take a poke at, to
定义: 调侃, 嘲笑或批评别人; 挥拳要打人.
例句: Then he took a poke at my hair, telling me I looked like a scarecrow! (然后他取笑我的头发, 说我看起来像只稻草人!)
图片
稻草人

15. take a poll, to
定义: 投票.
例句: We need to take a poll during the meeting, but only allow members of the organization to vote in the poll. (我们需要在这次会议上举行投票, 但只允许组织成员参与投票)

16. take a pop at, to
定义: 挥拳要打人; 公开抨击某人; 尝试某个活动.
例句: "Do you want to try driving my car, to see how you like it?" "Yeah, sure, I'll take a pop at it." ("你要不要试开我的车, 看看你喜不喜欢它?" "好的, 没问题, 我会尝试一下.")

17. take a potshot at, to
定义: 向...射击; 肆意抨击或讥笑别人.
例句: Now that everyone knows I was involved in that scandal, the reporters love taking potshots at me. (由于大家都知道我卷入了那件丑闻, 这批记者们就喜欢对我冷嘲热讽)

18. take a powder, to
定义: 悄悄地离开; 逃逸; 匆促地离开; 走开, 别烦我, 离我远一点.
例句: I don't know where he is but I think that he took a powder right after the meeting. (我不知道他在哪里, 但我想他会在会议结束之后立即悄悄地溜走)

19. primrose path, the
定义: 自我放纵, 享乐, 堕落生活.
例句: After winning the lottery, Jack found himself surrounded by people trying to lead him down the primrose path for their own benefit. (中奖之后, 杰克发现自己周围都是一群为图私利而设法引诱他过着享乐堕落生活的酒肉朋友)

20. take a prompt action, to
定义: 立即采取行动.
例句: You need to take a prompt action to set the record straight in order to allow a healthy debate based on facts, and not distortion or deceit. (你需要立即采取行动厘清真相并消弥误解, 以便促进以事实为根据的健康辩论, 而不是扭曲事实或欺骗)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 52 访客