royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1053

帖子 royl » 周一 2月 21, 2022 11:02 am

二十笔实用成语 1053

01. take pains, to
定义: 费尽苦心, 大费周章.
例句: It's clear that the owners have taken great pains with the interior design of the new restaurant. (很显然, 这家新餐厅业主在其室内设计上费尽了苦心)

02. take part (in), to
定义: 参与, 参加; 偏袒, 选边站; 在...中扮演角色.
例句: Everyone is asked to take part in the celebration. (大家都被要求参与这场庆典活动)

03. take personal shots at ..., to
定义: 对...发出人身攻击的话语.
例句: Why does this guy take personal shots at political rivals? (为什么这个家伙总是对其政治对手做人身攻击? 注: 这里句里的"take personal shots"就是文法上的simple present tense形式的动词片语, phrasal verb, 可以视为某个习惯性行为, 也就是本句的"总是对...做人身攻击")

04. take place, to
定义: 替代; 发生.
例句: When did this take place? Was it before or after they ran away, disappearing into the night? (这是什么时候发生的? 那是在他们逃逸并消失在夜幕里之前还是之后?)

05. take pleasure from/in, to
定义: 以...为乐; 喜爱或乐于做(某事).
例句: You simply can't have a healthy relationship with anyone who takes pleasure in humiliating you. (你根本没法跟任何一个乐于羞辱你的人维持一份健康的关系)

06. take possession (of) ..., to
定义: 将财产或控制权拥有, 占有或没收.
例句: He couldn't pay his taxes, so the government took possession of his property. (他无法支付税款, 因此政府便将他的财产没收充公)

07. take potluck, to
定义: 有什么现成食物就吃什么. (注: 意指不特殊准备的家常便饭)
例句: You're welcome to join us for supper but you'll have to take potluck. (欢迎你跟我们一起吃晚餐, 但你只能够吃现成的饭菜)

08. take potshots at ..., to
定义: 对...肆意抨击; 随便或毫无目标地射击.
例句: Stop taking potshots at each other. Go after the real enemy. (别再互相攻击了. 要斗就去斗真正的敌人)

09. take power, to
定义: 掌权; 取得权力.
例句: Idaho's governor left the state. His lieutenant governor took power and banned state vaccine mandates. (爱达荷州州长离开了该州. 他的副州长成为了代理州长之后, 禁止了该州的疫苗强制令)

10. take precedence over ..., to
定义: 比...优先处理或办理. (注: over在此有高于或先于的意思)
例句: I'm afraid their project takes precedence over yours, as the company's survival depends on its success. (由于公司的继续生存取决于它的成功, 我担心他们的工作项目要比你的项目优先处理)

11. take pride in, to
定义: 为...自豪, 对...满意.
例句: You can tell that John takes a lot of pride in his kids. (你可以看得出约翰对他的儿女们非常自豪)

12. take responsibility for ..., to
定义: 为...负责.
例句: You've got to take responsibility for your own actions and refrain from blaming others for your failures. (你必须为自己的行为负责, 避免为自己的失败去责怪别人)

13. take revenge (against/on) ..., to
定义: 向...报仇, 报复.
例句: Daphne is always gossiping about me, so I took revenge on her by spreading a nasty rumor about her relationship with one of our teachers. (达芙妮总是说我的闲言闲语, 所以我便藉由散播有关她和我们的一名教师发生关系的恶毒谣言来报复她)

14. take root, to
定义: 立足, 生根; 基础坚实地建立, 被接受或产生影响.
例句: The senator had many revolutionary ideas that just never took root among the general public. (这位参议员有许多革命性的想法, 只是从未受到一般大众的坚决拥护)

15. take shape, to
定义: 成形, 具体化, 体现, 可以辨认出.
例句: Don't worry too much about minor details for your characters or plot until the main story really takes shape. (在故事的主轴真正地具体化成形之前, 先别烦恼你对剧中的角色或剧情等次要细节上的构思)

16. take sick, to
定义: 生病.
例句: I heard you've taken sick recently. I hope that it isn't anything too serious. (我听说你最近生病了. 我希望它不是太严重)

17. take sides, to
定义: 选边, 偏袒某方.
例句: They were arguing, but I didn't want to take sides, so I left. (他们正在争论, 但我不想选边站, 所以我就离开了)

18. take solace, to
定义: 得到安慰或慰藉; 感到庆幸.
例句: It was a bad fire, but I take solace in the fact that no one died. (这是一场猛烈的大火, 但由于没有人死亡我还是感到庆幸)

19. take some time, to
定义: 需要一些时间.
例句: It may take some time for DOT crews to get the snow off of the roads. (交通局的员工可能需要一些时间才能铲除道路上的积雪)

20. take someone aside, to
定义: 将某人拉到一旁. (注: 意指以便私下讲话因为不想让别人听见)
例句: The teacher took me aside and told me not to tease the other students. (老师把我叫到一旁告诉我别再取笑其他学生了)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 55 访客