royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1059

帖子 royl » 周五 3月 25, 2022 7:37 pm

二十笔实用成语 1059

01. take the starch out of, to
定义: 令某人谦逊下来; 损伤某人的自尊心; 令某人疲惫或虚弱.
例句: I'm really glad that pompous oaf lost his court case. Maybe that will take the starch out of him a bit. (我真的很高兴那个自以为了不起的蠢货败诉了. 或许这样可以杀杀他的一些气焰)

02. take the sting out of, to
定义: 缓和, 减弱, 减轻. (例如: 痛苦, 不舒服, 饥饿)
例句: Well, coming home to freshly baked cookies somewhat took the sting out of getting another parking ticket. (哎, 回家吃了些刚出炉的饼干稍稍缓解了我又再次拿了停车罚单的郁闷)

03. take (something) out of context, to
定义: 扭曲某人的原意, 将某人的话断章取义.
例句: The way you're describing what she said sounds terrible, but you're taking things completely out of context. (依你的描述好像她说了什么不可饶恕的话一样, 但你完全是在扭曲她的原意)

04. take the trouble, to
定义: 不辞麻烦, 花钱出力.
例句: Oh, you didn't have to take the trouble of preparing the guest bedroom for me. I could have just slept on the couch! (唉, 你不必还为我费心准备客房. 我原本就要睡沙发的!)

05. take the veil, to
定义: 当修女. (注: 戴上面纱, veil, 对决志的修女是退出尘世的象征)
例句: The young woman took the veil after her fiancé died. (未婚夫过世之后, 这名年轻女子便决志作了修女)

06. take the weight off one's legs, to
定义: 躺下, 坐下; 歇歇腿, 休息一下.
例句: We've been walking all over town today, so I think we're just going to head back to the hotel and take the weight off our legs for a while. (我们今天已经把这座城市全逛了一遍了, 所以我想我们还是回酒店, 歇歇腿, 休息一下)

07. take the wind out of someone's sails, to
定义: 阻碍某人进展, 打击某人自信, 令某人放弃退出.
例句: He didn't get a good evaluation. It really took the wind out of his sails. (他没有取得优良的考评. 这的确给他的信心带来了重创)

08. take the words right out of one's mouth, to
定义: 某人说出你正想要说的话, 你完全同意. (注: 意指就好像某人把你的话从你嘴里拿出来一样)
例句: That is exactly right! You took the words right out of my mouth! (完全正确! 你说出了我正想要说的话!)

09. take the/an ax to, to
定义: 剔除, 淘汰, 开除, 大幅裁减.
例句: While he wants to avoid another large tax increase next December, Katz said he doesn't want to take an ax to the budget to make up the difference, either. (虽然他希望避免明年十二月再次大幅增税, 但卡茨表示, 他也不想以大幅削减预算来弥补差额)

10. take through, to
定义: 引导及详细介绍某个地方; 详述某件事情发生的细节; 详细解释每一步的过程.
例句: I'd be happy to take you through the steps to set up a new account. (我很乐意指导你设置一个新帐户的每一个步骤)

11. take time by the forelock, to
定义: 把握时机, 果断行动.
例句: What are you waiting for? Take time by the forelock and accept that fantastic internship! (你在等什么? 赶紧把握机会, 接受那份千载难逢的实习机会!)

12. take time off, to
定义: 暂时停止上班或上学.
例句: I took time off to make some phone calls. (我暂时停下工作, 去打了几通电话)

13. take time out, to
定义: 停止上班或上学一段时间.
例句: I wish I had taken time out before starting this job. That might have kept me from getting burned out so quickly. (我真后悔我没在接这份工作之前抽些时间休息一阵子. 否则我就不会这么快地累垮了)

14. take time, to
定义: 耗时, 需要些时间.
例句: You know your trauma has an impact on your life and that it takes time to heal what you went through. (你知道你所受到的心灵创伤对你的生活会产生冲击, 你需要时间来抚平你所经历的伤痛)

15. take to doing something, to
定义: 开始固定地, 按时地做某事.
例句: I've taken to waking up very early. (我已经开始习惯了一大清早就起床)

16. take to heart, to
定义: 放在心里, 将某事视为严重之事; 对某事耿耿于怀.
例句: Please don't take my criticism to heart. (请你别把我的批评放在心上. 注: 换句话说, 请你不要耿耿于怀, 我的批评乃是对事不对人)

17. take to one side, to
定义: 将某人拉到一旁私下讲话(为了不想让别人听见).
例句: She took me to one side to explain why she hadn't given me the job. (她把我拉到一旁解释她为什么没有给我这份工作的原因)

18. take to one's bed, to
定义: 卧床, 卧病在床.
例句: I have taken to my bed with a bad bout of flu. (我得了重感冒卧病在床)

19. take to one's heels, to
定义: 拔腿就跑, 逃离.
例句: The little boy said hello and then took to his heels. (小男孩打了声招呼, 随后便拔腿就跑)

20. take to pieces, to
定义: 拆卸, 拆散成一片一片; 痛殴某人; 驳倒某人.
例句: The mugger didn't realize his victim was a martial arts expert, and she completely took him to pieces. (这名劫匪不知道他的受害者是一名武术高手, 她将他彻底痛殴一顿)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 59 访客