royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1065

帖子 royl » 周二 4月 19, 2022 12:04 pm

二十笔实用成语 1065

01. talk until one is blue in the face, to
定义: 滔滔不绝地说话, 使人听得精疲力竭.
例句: You can talk until you are blue in the face, but nothing you say will convince me to change my mind. (你可以跟我说上三天三夜道理, 但不管你说什么都不会说服我改变主意)

02. talk up a storm, to
定义: 兴致勃勃地, 滔滔不绝地说话.
例句: I didn't get a chance to ask her about that because she was talking up a storm the whole night. (我没有机会问她这件事, 因为她整个晚上都在兴致勃勃, 娓娓而谈地说话)

03. talk up, to
定义: 与某人兴致冲冲地, 滔滔不绝交谈; 热情洋溢地谈论或宣传某事; 公开支持, 赞扬或吹捧.
例句: Your former manager has been talking you up quite a bit, so we have high hopes for you here. (你以前公司的经理一直对你赞赏有加, 所以我们这里也对你寄予厚望)

04. talk your head off, to
定义: 滔滔不绝地说话, 使人听得精疲力竭.
例句: I love my Aunt Lily, but she talks her head off whenever I go to visit her. (我爱我的莉莉阿姨, 但每当我去探望她的时候, 她总是絮絮叨叨个不停)

05. talked out, be
定义: 说累了, 不想讲话, 该说的都说了.
例句: After giving lectures all day, I'm pretty talked out when I come home. (讲了一整天的课, 我一回到家就不想讲话)

06. talking head, a
定义: 电视上的名嘴.
例句: He always has the same talking heads on his show to talk about recent political events. (在他的节目里, 他总是邀请那几个电视名嘴来谈论近来发生的政治事件)

07. talking point, a
定义: 支持争论的某个论点; 话题, 主题.
例句: I have a list of talking points here that support my case. (我这里有一张支持我论据的论点列表)

08. talking to a wall, like
定义: 听者藐藐; 听话者不理不睬, 就好像跟墙说话一样.
例句: "You're so distracted right now, it's like talking to a wall." "What?" ("你根本就心不在焉, 跟你说话就像对着墙壁说话一样." "什么?")

09. talk/walk in one's sleep, to
定义: 梦呓/梦游.
例句: "You were talking in your sleep last night." "No, I wasn't!" "How would you know? You were asleep and I wasn't." ("你昨晚在说梦话." "我才没说梦话!" "你怎么知道? 是你在睡觉, 我又没睡.")

10. tall order, a
定义: 艰巨任务, 苛刻要求.
例句: Well, it's a tall order, but I'll do it. (嗯, 这是一项艰巨任务, 但我会去做的)

11. tall story/tale, a
定义: 有趣但难以置信的故事; 胡扯的事.
例句: My uncle has always been fond of telling tall stories about his time overseas. I used to believe him when I was a kid, but now I've learned to just laugh along. (我的叔叔一直喜欢讲述他以前在海外的经历. 我小时候还相信他, 现在学会了跟着他一起谈笑风生)

12. tally up, to
定义: 合计, 总计.
例句: After we tally up all relevant fees and taxes, your final bill comes to $475.50. (在我们合计所有相关费用和税款后, 你最终的账单是475.50美元)

13. tamper with, to
定义: 偷偷地窜改, 破坏, 干扰, 捣蛋, 瞎搞.
例句: Investigators concluded that someone had tampered with the control unit of the machine. (调查人员得出了结论, 有人偷偷地破坏了这部机器的控制器)

14. tangle with, to
定义: 招惹, 涉及, 涉入, 纠缠不清, 争论, 发生纠纷.
例句: I wouldn't tangle with them if I were you. They've got so much money that you'll never stand a chance in court. (如果我是你的话, 我不会招惹他们. 他们有得是钱, 你上法院跟他们斗也永远不会赢)

15. tangled web, a
定义: 复杂的, 具欺骗性情况, 错综复杂的关系.
例句: The investigation revealed a tangled web of fraud among the members of the political party. (这次调查揭露了这个政党成员之间错综复杂的欺诈网络关系)

16. tank up, to
定义: 加满汽油; 吃饱; 饮大量酒.
例句: We'll need to tank up before we get on the highway tomorrow. (我们需要在明天上高速公路之前把油加满)

17. tantamount to, be
定义: 等同, 等于, 无异于, 相当于.
例句: Her refusal to answer was tantamount to an admission of guilt. (她的拒绝回答无异于认罪)

18. tap in/into, to
定义: 轻轻地敲入; 托球入篮, 轻击球入网; 刷卡或其他方式进入电脑系统; 使用键盘输入资料.
例句: The golfer got the ball within a foot of the hole from the fairway, then tapped it in for a birdie. (这位高尔夫球手将球击至距离球洞一英尺外的球道上, 然后将球轻轻地敲入洞里, 以低于标准杆数一杆完成这一回合)

19. tap out, to
定义: 拍掉; 轻轻敲打某容器将其倒光; 赌博输光; 敲节拍; 以拍地板表示认输, 放弃比赛.
例句: "Do you want to place another bet?" "Nah, I'm tapped out." ("你还要不要再下注?" "不了, 我已经输光了.")

20. tap someone on the shoulder, to
定义: 轻拍某人的肩膀.
例句: Someone tapped me on the shoulder and asked me if I spoke English. (有人轻轻拍我的肩膀问我是否会说英语)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Google [Bot] 和 36 访客