royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1069

帖子 royl » 周日 5月 08, 2022 9:38 pm

二十笔实用成语 1069

01. tell its own tale, to
定义: 不言而喻, 不言自明; 明显地表现出来.
例句: You can pretend to be happy all you like, but the sadness in your eyes tells its own tale. (你爱怎么装出快乐的样子都可以, 但你眼中的悲伤却明显地透露出你的真实心情)

02. Tell me a little bit of yourself.
[成语句型]请你简介一下你自己.

03. tell me about it, to
定义: [惊叹语]可不是嘛! 对啊! (注: 意指表示同意, 同情, 理解别人所说的事情)
例句: "I get so annoyed with Tom!" "Tell me about it. He drives me crazy." ("汤姆真是很烦!" "可不是嘛. 他都快把我逼疯了.")

04. tell me again, to
定义: 再告诉我一遍.
例句: Tell me again your name, and tell me what you saw. (再告诉我你的名字, 还有你看到了些什么)

05. tell me another one, to
定义: 扯淡! 你再扯呀! (注: 意指你不相信别人的话所说的)
例句: "I was at the library studying this morning, I swear!" "Oh yeah, tell me another one!" ("我今天早上都在图书馆读书, 我发誓!" "是啊, 你再扯呀!")

06. tell me straight out, to
定义: 告诉我实情. (注: 意指有话直说, 毫不掩饰)
例句: I told her straight out that I didn't love her any more. (我直接了当地告诉她我不再爱她了)

07. Tell me your company, and I'll tell you what you are.
定义: [谚语]从你的友伴中就可以知道你是个什么样的人. (注: 意指近朱者赤, 你友人的品质可以反映出你的品质)
例句: Tell me your company, and I'll tell you what you are. If you're in the company of good people, you have nothing to worry about. (从你的友伴中就可以知道你是个什么样的人. 如果你生活在好人圈子里, 你没有什么可以担忧的)

08. tell of, to
定义: 讲述, 细述.
例句: The book tells of catastrophic events that befell the earth thousands of years ago. (这本书细述了几千年前降临在地球上的灾难事件)

09. tell off, to
定义: 训诫, 斥责, 严厉抨击.
例句: It's time someone told her off about her behavior. (该有人斥责她的恶劣行为了)

10. tell on, to
定义: 告密, 打小报告, 告状; 显示出对某人的负面影响.
例句: Marjorie said she'd tell the teacher on him if he pulled her hair again. (玛乔丽告诫他说, 如果他再拉扯她头发的话, 她会向老师报告他的骚扰)

11. tell right from wrong, to
定义: 辨别出是非与善恶. (注: 意指分辨出两者的差异)
例句: He is old enough to tell right from wrong. (他已经到了能够明辨是非的年纪)

12. tell someone where to get off, to
定义: 训诫某人, 告诉他行为不能容忍.
例句: I was sick of listening to his constant complaints, so I told him where to get off. (我实在受不了他没完没了的抱怨, 所以我告诫他, 我不想再听他的牢骚)

13. tell someone where to go, to
定义: 坚决拒绝某人的提议或意见; 对某人没兴趣.
例句: Josh asked me out, but I told him where to go. (乔希约我出去, 但我拒绝了他)

14. tell tales out of school, to
定义: 告密, 打小报告, 告状.
例句: Here's a tip: don't ever tell tales out of school about your co-workers if you want to have any friends here. (这里有一个小建议: 如果你想在这里拥有任何朋友的话, 千万不要打你同事的小报告)

15. tell (the) time, to
定义: 注意时间, (通常指小孩)可以从钟表看懂时间.
例句: My son is just learning to tell the time. (我儿子刚学会看时间)

16. tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth, to
定义: [法庭宣誓语]毫不隐瞒地把全部事实真相和盘说出.
例句: "Do you swear to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God?" "I do." ("你愿意发誓说出全部真相, 毫不欺瞒, 庄严地承诺你所说的都是实话?" "我愿意." 注: 这里的so help you God其实就是"庄严地承诺你所说的都是实话", 也可以作为"言出必行, 说话绝对算话"的解释)
图片
在法庭上作证之前所作的宣誓语

17. tell which is which, to
定义: 看得出哪个是哪个. (注: 意指分辨出两者的差异)
例句: Jack and his twin brother always dress so similarly, I can never tell which is which. (杰克和他的双胞胎兄弟总是穿得如此相似, 我一直无法分辨谁是谁来)

18. tell you what, to
定义: 听我说. (注: 意指提出建议的引言或强调一个陈述)
例句: Tell you what, I'll let you borrow the car if you fill it up with gas. (听我说, 如果你帮我加满汽油的话, 我就让你借这部车)

19. telling example, a
定义: 能说明问题的例子; 很好的例子.
例句: But the most telling example is ObamaCare. The program unequivocally improved circumstances for the bottom 20 percent of income earners. (但最有说服力的例子是奥巴马健保. 该计划毫无疑问地改善了收入最低的百分之二十民众的医疗状况)

20. telltale sign, a
定义: 有迹可寻的征兆; 确信无疑或毫无疑问的迹象.
例句: It was a telltale sign that coronavirus, the illness that has claimed over 28,000 lives so far in the UK, was here to stay. (这是一个毫无疑问的迹象, 亦即迄今为止在英国已经夺走了两万八千多人生命的冠状病毒将会留下来, 继续肆虐人们)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 58 访客